Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: To earn a Kingdom: A Northern Dúnedain Narrative - Divide and Conquer V2.1 [UPDATE - 13/12/2020]

Campidoctor

Default Re: To earn a Kingdom: A Northern Dúnedain Narrative - Divide and Conquer V2.1 [UPDATE - 13/12/2020]

Not working out as planned? Isn't this what makes things interesting in the first place?

Great conversation between Éomer and Eldarion. You could really feel the confidence on one side, and the tension on the other.

Perfect example why this AAR landed first place in the yearly competitions. At least that did work out as planned. Congrats again.

Default Re: To earn a Kingdom: A Northern Dúnedain Narrative - Divide and Conquer V2.1 [UPDATE - 13/12/2020]

Hey Turk, I have been reading this before bed each night, and have just finally caught up (well, not "just", but last night). It is really nice to see how much you've developed as a writer throughout this process. Some of the early chapters are definitely a bit overblunt or involve too much telling, too little showing, but with each installment you get better and better. And it is also lovely to see the little gems here and there, in those points where you hit a stride or just sort of feel the right way things should be told. To make a long story short, your skills are getting sharp indeed, and I am excited to see more updates of this coming online!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Now I'm worrying about what the honesty of the Rohirrim will lead to, in the next stage of Eldarion's journey. I wonder what other surprises he'll encounter on the road ahead.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

2021 has been a rollercoaster of a year not just for me but for almost everyone I would think. For me personally it was starting at a new full-time job, building down my medication, finding some stability and re-evaluating my life all during this mad time. This left me with little time and mostly little motivation to write and continue this story. I'm sorry I left you (all five of you readers ) so suddenly hanging without a word. But a new year dawns and I still intend to tell my story.

I will finish this AAR even if it takes me 10 years!
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; January 04, 2022 at 05:46 AM.

Yay! It's good to hear that you have intentions to return to this Turk. Though ten years... that might be a bit much. Maybe you aim for having it done in five, eh?
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Well said, yes I think 2021 was a rollercoaster for a lot of people. Like Kilo, I'm happy to hear that you intend to continue this story.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Yay! It's good to hear that you have intentions to return to this Turk. Though ten years... that might be a bit much. Maybe you aim for having it done in five, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Well said, yes I think 2021 was a rollercoaster for a lot of people. Like Kilo, I'm happy to hear that you intend to continue this story.
    Thanks both! I'm gonna try to produce monthly updates for this. That should be a goal I can achieve. So you might see something appear soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    So you might see something appear soon.
    Well, that is exciting news!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    Thanks both! I'm gonna try to produce monthly updates for this. That should be a goal I can achieve. So you might see something appear soon.
    Ooooh. I am going to steal this idea! I have been wondering when I will have the time to get back to weekly or even fortnightly updates for my thing, but dropping it to just monthly for a bit may provide me the needed leeway to get back into a schedule. So I will say I'm doing this too, and you'll get something from me soon as well!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213