Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Speech in the UK

Default Re: Free Speech in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    you go take comfort from foreigners, your views aren't welcome in Britain.
    Wow what's wrong with "foreigners"? That's pretty xenophobic. Almost word-for-word what an alt-rightist would say. Such beliefs aren't welcome in Britain, mongrel.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Wow what's wrong with "foreigners"? That's pretty xenophobic. Almost word-for-word what an alt-rightist would say. Such beliefs aren't welcome in Britain, mongrel.
    I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the man and the reason why Britain needs protection from dodgy political ideas from foreigners. By the way, your inciting football hooligans to attack Muslims. Will we see a retraction and an apology to the Muslim members of the forum?
    Last edited by mongrel; March 20, 2018 at 02:35 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the man and the rrason why Britain needs protection from dodgy foreigners.
    I think your words speak for themselves and were very rude. Personally I think of all Anglos as one nation, so an American shouldn't be "foreign" to you. Why should people be further divided by citizenship or accent or similarly meaningless distinctions?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 20, 2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Continuity.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

I think your words speak for themselves and were very rude. Personally I think of all Anglos as one nation, so an American shouldn't be "foreign" to you. Why should people be further divided by citizenship or accent or similarly meaningless distinctions?
    Anglos as one nation? The very term is racist.Celts were here first. You can call my rant free speech.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 20, 2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Continuity.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    It’s a pug. Doing a nazi salute. It is absurd. I assure the dog doesn’t know what a nazi or a Jew is. Unless you think dogs can sense Jews. Wait, you do think that don’t you. You think dogs can smell out jews.
    But ...... have you never heard about the many pugs that were used by SS-guards in Concentration camps?

Anglos? The very term is racist.Celts were here first. You can call my rant free speech.
    The Anglo-Saxon master race is not at all genetic, mongrel! It includes everyone from Native Americans to ethnic Irishmen, Italians, Africans, Poles, Chinese and Germans and beyond.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 20, 2018 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Continuity.

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

More to the point, Lauren Southern is also a commonwealth citizen. Heck even the Americans are with some light mental gymnastics.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

The Anglo-Saxon master race is not at all genetic, mongrel! It includes everyone from Native Americans to ethnic Irishmen, Italians, Africans, Poles, Chinese and Germans and beyond.
    And Britons include all those living within its shores including Pakistani Britons but not American nationals who are not suject to Her Majesty's laws.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 20, 2018 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Continuity.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    If a person thinks teaching a pug to doa nazi salute for the sake of comedy is threatening, well let’s just say sharp object should be kept away from that person.

dankula has given me joy this day, thats not a thing many of his buddies can lay claim to.

i call to the stand as character witness: count dankula!

https://twitter.com/CountDankulaTV/s...50962526097409

as to the communications act, under which he was convicted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...communications

Section 127 of the act makes it an offence to send a message that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character over a public electronic communications network.[8] The section replaced section 43 of the Telecommunications Act 1984 and is drafted as widely as its predecessor

On 19 December 2012, to strike a balance between freedom of speech and criminality, the Director of Public Prosecutions issued interim guidelines, clarifying when social messaging is eligible for criminal prosecution under UK law. Only communications that are credible threats of violence, harassment, or stalking (such as aggressive Internet trolling) which specifically targets an individual or individuals, or breaches a court order designed to protect someone (such as those protecting the identity of a victim of a sexual offence) will be prosecuted.

Revisions to the interim guidelines were issued on 20 June 2013 following a public consultation.[14] The revisions specified that prosecutors should consider:

• whether messages were aggravated by references to race, religion or other minorities, and whether they breached existing rules to counter harassment or stalking; and
    • the age and maturity of any wrongdoer should be taken into account and given great weight.

The revisions also clarified that criminal prosecutions were "unlikely":

• when the author of the message had "expressed genuine remorse";
    • when "swift and effective action ... to remove the communication" was taken; or
    • when messages were not intended for a wide audience.

apparently, the act was initially intended for personal threats. my guess is that they amended it to cover hate speech, as especially hate speech of a racial or similiar nature is often aimed at groups. so, he didnt have to threathen any individual in particular. now, if you think any reference to nazi salutes and gassing jews, made by a guy with a very clear political agenda, is funny, then i hope the authorities keep you away from sharp objects as well.
    he is a grown up man, using the phrase "gas the jews", hasnt removed it, didnt show remorse, and it was indeed aimed at a wide audience.

id call that a bingo. also, seems ricky gervais is now stanning for him, what a .

Blog Entries

Making a joke is never hate speech, no matter how you construe it. I'm sorry, but how do you fail to see, that as a self proclaimed communist, he is saying these things ironically, just as a laugh. I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted for making a gulag joke, or an Irish famine joke, so why is this different?

Today, Mark Meechan aka Count Dankula was convicted for this video.

http://www.newsweek.com/youtuber-cou...e-crime-853470
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3794926.html
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...ensive_online/

It was judged to be 'grossly offensive' by the court, and Meecham is now facing imminent house arrest with a GPS tracker.

If you're not clued up on the story-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Earlier in the week, when Lord Pearson asked if he could 'discuss Islam without being convicted of a hate crime. The response was this:

He asked: "Does hate speech include criticising Islam or any of the world's great religions as opposed to insulting their adherents?"Does our legislation make that distinction and, if not, should it not do so?"
    Baroness Williams replied: "There is a clear distinction. Expressing one's own opinion can offend people; there is a right to offend.
    "However, there is no right to propagate speech that goes to a particular characteristic, whether that be race, religion, disability or sexuality, and promotes hatred against that person."
    There you have it. Your right to freely criticise religion, which is nothing more than an ideology, an idea, no longer exists in the UK.

Meecham has been convicted over breach of the 2003 communications act, which can clearly now be extended to anyone the court wishes it to. This ruling is unjust, and destroys any semblance of free speech we still had in the UK, if comedians are prosecuted for a JOKE.
    Last edited by Aexodus; March 29, 2018 at 10:20 PM.
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    *snip* .
    None of that applies.

It was a joke.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

"joke" isnt a legal defence. all he had to do was to delete it, and show he realized he screwed up, as i pointed out in detail. making him an idiot on top of everything else.

Blog Entries

Since when was causing offence deserving a bloody prison sentence?!? You're touched in the head if you think this is justified, sorry but that's just my opinion on it.

Senator

He didn't screw up nor is making a joke you don't like a crime.It was a simple joke ,if you can't even make fun of Nazis you may have to consider on what said you're .

grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character over a public electronic communications network
    How is a dog doing a nazi salute grossly offensive ?
    Last edited by Sint; March 20, 2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

We were talking about Lauren Southern and Tommy Robinson and now we seem to have switched to (notorious alt-right Youtuber endorsed by Alex Jones) Count Dankula? Is that by any chance because you've now taken a step back and realised the futility of arguing that Britain needs to allow Canadian racists into our country so that they can call Allah gay, and thus solve the problem of Asian grooming gangs?

And as it turns out, your attempt to change the subject isn't going to work, because as it turns out Count Dankula met with Tommy Robinson earlier on today, and he also got interviewed by Lauren Southern. That's absolutely top notch public relations work there Mr Dankula, meet with the former leader of the EDL, that will convince everyone you're not a racist!

To be perfectly honest I am not going to argue too much about this, because although Dankula is about as funny as prostate cancer, I quite enjoy comedians like Frankie Boyle so I don't think it's a good precedent to set that you can recieve a custodial sentence for telling a joke. It was in very bad taste but it was clearly not meant to be offensive to anyone.
    Last edited by Copperknickers II; March 20, 2018 at 09:14 PM.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    He didn't screw up nor is making a joke you don't like a crime.It was a simple joke ,if you can't even make fun of Nazis you may have to consider on what said you're .

How is a dog doing a nazi salute grossly offensive ?
    maybe you didnt get the full story, or didnt read my post:

he made a video on how he trained (or at least tried to) the dog to raise its paw (which he meant to be a nazi salute, to annoy his girlfriend or smth) when he said: "gas the jews."

ill give you three guesses which part of that the court likely found offensive. its not a joke about nazies. the joke defense comes in once people realize that pandering to a certain audience got them in deep .

thats the point here. not the intend of making "a" joke, but why he made "that" joke in particular.

also, he could have gotten off if he got rid of the video, and told the court he didnt mean anything by it. before he knew they would definitely bust him. which they did, because his strategy was busted by himself, putting out at least one satement about how he would only claim it was a joke as part of his legal defence. while the case was ongoing. guess he didnt want to annoy his free speech followers.

in the end, they didnt believe his defense, also based on the fact that he made a public video with 3 million views, "just to annoy his girlfriend".

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    We were talking about Lauren Southern and Tommy Robinson and now we seem to have switched to Count Dankula? Is that by any chance because you've now taken a step back and realised the futility of arguing that Britain needs to allow Canadian racists into our country so that they can call Allah gay, and thus solve the problem of Asian grooming gangs?

And as it turns out, your attempt to change the subject isn't going to work, because as it turns out Count Dankula met with Tommy Robinson earlier on today, and he also got interviewed by Lauren Southern. That's absolutely top notch public relations work there Mr Dankula, meet with the former leader of the EDL, that will convince everyone you're not a racist!

To be perfectly honest I am not going to argue too much about this, because although Dankula is about as funny as prostate cancer, I quite enjoy comedians like Frankie Boyle so I don't think it's a good precedent to set that you can recieve a custodial sentence for telling a joke. It was in very bad taste but it was clearly not meant to be offensive to anyone.
    i have to disagree on the last part. i too am a big fan of frankie, but he was never threatend with prison. and he isnt hanging out with racists, he makes it quite clear what he thinks of them.

Last edited by HannibalExMachina; March 20, 2018 at 09:10 PM.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

i have to disagree on the last part. i too am a big fan of frankie, but he was never threatend with prison. and he isnt hanging out with racists, he makes it quite clear what he thinks of them.

My point is, if this guy went to prison over that rather tame joke, then who's next? Forget Frankie Boyle, here's Michael McIntyre making essentially the exact same joke as Dankula. Frankie makes MUCH more offensive jokes than that. Count Dankula is now a fully fledged alt-righter who has been endorsed by Alex Jones of InfoWars and met with or been supported by the great and the bad of the alt-right, and regular far right, world. But this dog video was put out a long time ago, I don't know if his current views are his original views, or just a reaction to the fact his life was basically destroyed by this video when it first came to light so he's just embraced the role he has been given by the media.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

so, he made a video when he allegedly hadnt gone off the deep end, while still making a joke about gassing jews. he has now gone full retard, and makes it look like he always was.

i cant help it, but that sounds like the exact opposite of a defense. a defense would be to claim you got over being a retard 2 years ago. but as he is worse now than you said he was then, doesnt that mean he has actually proven that there is no reason to give him a second chance? he is an alt-right racist, and i think its beyond naive to assume that someone like him used to be alright, and that they just burst into racist remarks by "accident". he didnt get transformed into a racist from zero, no one does.

and no, this isnt a tame joke, and you clearly understand what kind of person made it. again, how is boyle comparable to this? for comparing israeli settlement policy and violence against palestinian civilians to "a very angry jew punching a cake"?
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; March 20, 2018 at 09:36 PM.

maybe you didnt get the full story, or didnt read my post:

he made a video on how he trained (or at least tried to) the dog to raise its paw (which he meant to be a nazi salute, to annoy his girlfriend or smth) when he said: "gas the jews."

ill give you three guesses which part of that the court likely found offensive. its not a joke about nazies. the joke defense comes in once people realize that pandering to a certain audience got them in deep .

thats the point here. not the intend of making "a" joke, but why he made "that" joke in particular.

also, he could have gotten off if he got rid of the video, and told the court he didnt mean anything by it. before he knew they would definitely bust him. which they did, because his strategy was busted by himself, putting out at least one satement about how he would only claim it was a joke as part of his legal defence. while the case was ongoing. guess he didnt want to annoy his free speech followers.

in the end, they didnt believe his defense, also based on the fact that he made a public video with 3 million views, "just to annoy his girlfriend".

Frankie Boyle suceesfully sued the Mirror, who called him a racist. So he he officially a non-racist comedian.

dont tell that to dankula, he may actually believe he can pull that off after he went to the tank. that would just be cruel.