Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: REM Gold Edition [Download & Discussion]

Default Re: REM Gold Edition [Download & Discussion]

Play on Normal or Easy level, man, and u will be fine! On harder levels AI has money, diplomacy and PO buffs. All other rules are the same for Player and AI.

Hey mate, how's it going?
    I've been playing your mode quite a lot recently - it's is a great example of how a mod should be done. I enjoy playing it but stuck with one issue: https://c2n.me/3ZRSI7x.jpg
    In my Athenai campaign, I've conquered Cosentia from Rome and can't destroy/rebuild their Garrison Colonia even tho I have a sufficient amount of money on my account. Would be great if you can point to the direction of what I'm doing wrong Thanks in advance, cheers!

Thanks man!

- Now romans, greeks and east factions need to BUILD their cities from clear spot on barb lands.
    - In vanilla it was unreal when u capture 8m wooden barb city and could make 16m stone city in just 5-7 turns. In fact ancient people needed many years to build stone walls.
    - Building of stone walled city now cost 15000-30000 gold and 20-30 turns (depending on public order)
    - Now u can convert only greek cities, roman cities and east cities of lvl 1.
    - When u capture any foreign culture city, u will have small native garrison in it.
    - Minor barb cities to which walls were added in REM, could be: a) stay as is with small barb garrison, b) destruct and build small native town with full garrison.
    - Only barb cities could be destructed now.
    - Increased cities’ construction/destruction/conversion time and costs.

Thanks for coming back to me. Maybe I don't quite understand but from you reply it looks like I can't do anything to the Roman city higher than level 1. Is that correct?
    Thanks again for finding time to reply to my questions

Yes, cause in ancient times it needed many tens of years to convert cities but walls usually stayed the same for centuries.You can still build your culture buildings. And this is much more historical than in vanilla or other mods.

Hey mate! Thanks again. Yep, totally understandable. The only thing that confused me was the red exclamation mark saying that this building (Garrison Colonia) is negatively affecting my public order. The rest is clear Thanks for creating the mod, i'm totally into it at the mo =)

I've come back to Rome II after many years away, looking for a new mod to try, I spent all afternoon downloading different mods (at least 10) and I have to say out of all of them yours looks the most interesting Starsmil so I'm going to have a campaign playthough this week and see what it plays like

Wow I've been playing this mod for 3-4 hours every afternoon for the last 4 days and I have to say I'm very impressed, I'm playing Grand campaign on normal difficulty, I'm on turn 63 and I've just finally unified all of mainland Italy, Sicily and The Alps province. At first I thought the huge garrisons would be a nightmare but actually although they make the game tougher it's also also more interesting and slows the players expansion down so things don't become a steam roller for you too quickly.

I love the restrictions on unit numbers because even though I'm only in the early stages of the game I'm already having to supplement my regular Roman troops with foreign auxiliaries so pretty much all of my (four) legions have at least some elements of foreign units in them, for example when recruiting for Legio IV I wasn't allowed to recruit any Equites so I had to travel north to the Alpes and recruit Celtic cavalry instead to make up a full legion -something I wouldn't have done in normal Rome II because I was always a stickler for only having Roman units in Roman armies.

I can see how the population mechanic works but so far it's not caused me any problems but that's not surprising as I'm still pretty much in my home turf, I think things are going to get very interesting when I start expanding abroad, to Africa for example, I did notice that when my empire ran out of food at one point the population started dropping at an alarming rate so that's something I'm going to need to keep a very close eye on.

Something else I noticed with this mod was the edicts, in the unmodded game and previous mods that I've tried edits are generally a good thing and you'll want to use at least one edict every chance you get however in REM all of the edits have a negative aspect to them so depending on your circumstances there are some occasions when you might actually find it beneficial to turn off a provinces edicts completely and leave that slot open.

Loving the different music tracks it makes a nice change to hear something different, would love to see even more music added if that's possible.

All in all I'm loving the mod and I reckon I've barely scratched the surface of it yet, you've done some excellent work here Starsmil, I'm away for a week from tomorrow visiting family but writing this I'm already starting the feel the urge to play again lol so you've definitely re-awoken my interest back in Rome II again after not wanting to play it for the last few years so thank you mate

Can I ask a question regarding Syracuse please, I've taken the city and also the entire province however I cannot convert Syracuse to the Roman culture, I get the tootip saying it's a different culture from mine and I should change it and I've changed all the other buildings in the town to Roman but I don't get the option to convert or even demolish Syracuse's main building -is that a bug or have you scripted Syracuse to remain locked to Syracuse culture?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 04, 2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Thanks for some review, man! Glad that you like my mod! Play next campaign on Hard! It will be even more fun And also u will see that population growth is slower. Btw visit my Sub-mods thread - you can find some interesting things there!
    About Syracuse question - just read what I answered rinza00 on prev. page
    Regards!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Hello Starsmill, how is your work going ? any updates ?

@Greek Strategos, Hello man! I think this mod is done on 99%. Of course we always can improve something, but the proverb says: "The best is an enemy of good" ;D So now I'm working on my Medieval mod on Rome 2 engine! Its already in Steam btw.

*Hm..someone deleted 20-30 of my posts here! Did I make something illegal?
    Last edited by Starsmil; March 06, 2019 at 04:26 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmil View Post
    @Greek Strategos, Hello man! I think this mod is done on 99%. Of course we always can improve something, but the proverb says: "The best is an enemy of good" ;D So now I'm working on my Medieval mod on Rome 2 engine! Its already in Steam btw.

*Hm..someone deleted 20-30 of my posts here! Did I make something illegal?
    Good to know. I'll surely check your Medieval endeavor
    Yours and other user posts weren't deleted, just merged. Common policy.Triple, quadruple etc posts were merged (as I do with all threads) to keep them tidy and easy to the eye for our users. Nothing deleted it's all there

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345