Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: REM Gold Edition [Download & Discussion]

Icon2 REM Gold Edition [Download & Discussion]

Greetings! The aim of Real Exp Mod is to combine all the best from the Workshop along with addition of many tens of my personal ideas to get a new exciting game experience. But this is not just another compilation. I am proud to say that It's a full Overhaul, which brings hundreds of changes to game mechanics to taste it in a new way! It took me 12 months of work and hundreds of scanned mods in the Workshop to create a truly unique Overhaul that changes almost everything in this game! Starting from great animations, unpredictable battles, nice units, and finishing with
    importance of
    economy and diplomacy, big garrisons and remade maps of most Campaigns.

What's new in Starpos? In Grand Campaign Carthage got its original lands. Etruscan became the client state of Rome. Macedonia, Pergamon, Seleucid became bigger. 45 cities got walls, as it was in history. Near to 50 new mercenaries were distributed all around the map. 3 new factions added with unique roster: Samnites, Emporion and Greek cities.

In Greek campaign were added recruitment zones for each nation, new mercs and many unique units for almost every faction. Startpos was also redesigned. 17 cities received walls and Sparta lost them.

REM adds to Empire Divided campaign: all factions playable, auxilia to all factions, walls to 47 cities, AOR, many units almost for all factions, big garrisons, secessionists as rebels to major factions, some diplomatic changes, and faction Baktria removed as unhistorical.

But my greatest pride is the campaign of Emperor Augustus. Now it is 12 tpy. I added a lot of historical factions, including Athens and Sparta, who were in subjection to Rome, but they still existed as states! 52 cities have received walls historically. Also added 3 new factions: Thessaly, Cilicia, and Indo-Greek kingdom.
    Also you will not see Latin rebels on the Gallic lands, captured by Rome just several years ago. But you can see the Seleucids (captured only 30 years ago), Syracuse and 10 other factions as rebels! Add to this about 700 new units distributed over AOR zones, 95% of playable fractions in all campaigns.

There is not enough space on this page to describe all the elements that my mod changes! You'd better sit and play at least 5-10 hours in Rome 2 with REM to feel and realize it.

I want to express my huge respect and gratitude to: Andrew Boyarsky, Marcus_Iunius_Brutus, Phalangitis, ToonTotalWar, Ryan, Nor Dogroth, scottfree001, Ki Adi Hoontang, Aguirre, morfeasnikos, Gyrosmeister and other men, whose mods' ideas and units used in REM Gold Edition.

Credit for material used:

Script

"People of Rome 2" - Litharion, Magnar

Unit Models

Andrew Boyarsky
    Aguirre
    Marcus_Iunius_Brutus
    Ryan
    Ki Adi Hoontang
    morfeasnikos
    Gyrosmeister

New buildings/effects

Phalangitis
    scottfree001
    [HCP] Warrior of Light

Some of the new game mechanics and changes in Startpos you can see on the screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Expanded features of REM Gold Edition:

1. New diplomatic ability! Now you can make peace with enemy if you propose him declare war on his enemies (even your allies!). Otherwise you can try to make peace treaty with starting of Neutral relations with other faction.
    2. Added Area of Recruitment (AOR) to all factions. So factions now can recruit their native troops (except low skilled) only in their home land and neighbor areas.
    3. Each army (Player & AI) consumes 1 food in the region where it is located. Now it is better to fight on foreign lands! So think longer about giving somebody military access
    4. Number of all units now limited to 7-15. So no more spam of several favorite units in your game. This is based on the point of a limited number of equipment for certain troops.
    5. BAI & CAI became really smarter! AI armies do not stand still or walking bаск and forth. CAI always does what is useful (hires troops, attacks enemy more often, etc.)
    6. Penalties for breaking treaties increased! Now you need to choose more carefully, with whom to fight, and with whom to make alliances.
    7. Added many new effects for generals, seasons, public order level and government types.
    8. Unique effect created: unit recruitment time now increased by 1 turn in provinces with very bad public order.
    9. Edicts are completely reworked. Now this is not only pluses for the province, but also minuses (as in real life).
    10. Money you need to earn in REM! Base income reduced (for majors less), but increased income from buildings of higher levels.
    11. With new morale system battle does not go until the last survivor and it is not always about equal people's losses (as in Vanilla).
    12. Surrounding the enemy's troops, shelling, the death of general are very important!
    13. Recruit times are now from 1 to 3 turns. Reason: to get better armed troops, you need more time (as in real life). So you will further appreciate your armies!
    14. Now all factions have Auxiliary units. Also 60+ new auxiliary units added to AOR regions. So no more hiring native faction’s units on far away lands - it is more historical!
    15. Now all citizens are not converted to foreigners when you capture a settlement, but big population drop for other culture.
    16. Income from slaves is increased 3 times and armies are capturing them more.
    17. From now on, your General in city gives minus 10 public order. Reason: armies when dont fight, start make troubles to local population.
    18. Game balanced for better challenge in mid/late campaign. Main features: higher diplomacy penalties and armies upkeep for rising imperium levels.
    19. Generals with higher subterfuge levels now have more units recruitment cost (corruption in army).
    20. Handicaps for humans and AI have been reworked overall (income, PO, diplomacy, food, costs). On Very Hard difficulty AI factions will like each other more and hate you more too.
    21. In provinces with good Public order you will recruit better skilled units! In provinces with bad PO you will get moral and defense drop, lower replenishment rate and recruitment points.
    22. Before conquer look if this region have the same culture as you - it will be much easier to deal with PO then.
    23. Army / Fleet modes improved. Now each regime gives advantages / disadvantages. In fortifications upkeep is 25% more cause army need additional costs for making structures. Same thing with sieges.
    24. "Client state" option replaced by satrapy/vassal for all factions. So new satrapies automatically make peace with player's allies - it is more real.
    25. Also, better AI army compositions, more formations, stronger garrisons, reworked conquests, weakened agents, better units exp gain, improved research and naval! And much more!

REM was created for hardcore players, so I would recommend you Normal difficulty for the start!

COMPATIBLE:
    + unit mods;
    + UI/graphical mods;
    + music mods.

NOT COMPATIBLE:
    - any other global overhaul;
    - startpos mods;
    - scripts that can conflict with POR2 mod included in REM;
    - campaign camera mods.

Things to do:
    1. Remove Corinthian helmets for units of Grand and Emperor Campaigns. DONE
    2. Rebalance units' recruitment for factions, areas, buildings. DONE
    3. Make all factions playable, auxilia to all, and walls to cities in Empire Divided campaign. DONE
    4. Add new nice units, reskins, effects, etc. DONE
    5. Redone Grand Campaign map with adding new factions. DONE
    Last edited by Starsmil; July 06, 2018 at 05:33 AM.

Default Re: Real Experience Mod (REM)

I recommend you to play Empire Divided campaign with my mod! Changes:

- All factions became playable, auxiliary units were added to all factions.
    - All units were distributed to AOR zones, the hiring zones themselves were expanded on the map (for example, Roxolani will be able to hire native units in their province).
    - Many units were added to the minor factions. Now there are no factions with an empty roster. For example, Bospor can hire many steppe units.
    - Added new units and reskins to Roman factions by A. Boyarsky.
    - Walls added to 47 new cities (historically).
    - Large garrisons were made almost from the very beginning.
    - Added secessionists as rebels to the main factions.
    - Diplomatic changes were made (for example, more wars in Germany, Britain, Arabia and Steppe).
    - The fraction of Bactria removed as not historical. Instead, the ownership of Khorezm faction was expanded.

Hello! Anybody except me can write here?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 05, 2019 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: REM Gold Edition [Download]

Yeah anyone can write here, the thread isn't locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula_ View Post
    Yeah anyone can write here, the thread isn't locked.
    Ok! Thanks! I just thought there will be some more reaction on new global overhaul for Rome II
    Last edited by Starsmil; March 23, 2018 at 06:04 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Maybe try contacting some Youtubers and getting them to play it? zachman1201 (superjew911) is pretty active but he doesn't have a huge channel.
    I haven't played Rome 2 for ages, and I'm busy with my own Attila mods so I can't help you with feedback.

Default Re: Real Experience Mod (REM)

@Caligula_, Thanks for info!

Mod updated. Changelog:

1. Added 5 new units to Egypt.
    2. Some barbarian and ptolemaic spear units reskinned for proper look.
    3. Party influence now affects loyalty.
    4. Civil war chances increased.
    5. Rebalanced imp penalties and handicaps for player.
    6. Fixed bug with population in WOS campaign.

Mod updated. Changelog:

1. Expanded unit roster to recruit for Iceni and Suebi.
    2. Increased probability of breaking treaties with bad relations.
    3. Some changes to Public order, political influence effects, etc.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 05, 2019 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Nice work, looking forward to giving it a go. I think a lot of people are still playing Warhammer, but when they get sick of it they'll come back to Rome 2. Here have some rep. You should try contacting someone to get an announcement on the front page, that should get some eyes on.
    Last edited by phylosopher stoned; March 25, 2018 at 07:35 PM.

Starsmil, I tried your mod for a bit. It is definitely one to take your time in getting used to however, the one thing that took a bit of the immersion out for me was the lack of new Unit cards and buildings. Not trying to be nitpicky, just my opinion. That was one of the biggest reasons I have not continued my campaign with your mod. I've only got a few turns into the campaign so I don't really have much feedback at the moment. Due to recruiting times, building armies can be tedious but definitely helps to slow down the campaign. The Edicts also feel a bit unbalanced which moved me to not issue any edicts and try to rectify public order, growth or income with buildings and tech. Definitely +p rep. I'll update my post with more feedback after I have a chance to play that campaign. I'm playing as Rome BTW.

Proud member of TFT.

@Caesar Julianus Morelli, thanks for some first feedback, man! Just want to say, this mod need time to adapt for player, like any other global mod (maybe a little more, cause it puts you in different complex situations. Thats why i called it "Real exp mod" - Rem brings some new challenges, but they are close to real (like Edicts no longer have only magical pluses, its like a law of balance).
    You need at least 5 hours to get around, and after that you will have near to full exp with my mod with things that u found cool and not.
    About unit cards and buildings. Nor Dogroth unit cards look cool , but i find them not informative cause i need to watch several seconds, if this unit has spear or sword in his hand. Btw u can use this mod with Rem! Buildings? They are expanded a little, some effects added to them, i think its ok for the balance!

Waiting for more feedback!
    Regards!
    Last edited by Starsmil; March 27, 2018 at 01:47 PM.

@Starsmil - No problem man. I'm always happy to give some feedback. Maybe you should start a Feedback thread so this thread doesn't get bogged down with feedback/issues.

In the meantime, I do want to clarify I am enjoying the mod so far. It has it's own nuances which is refreshing. A couple of things I noticed since my last post was the types of armies the AI is building as well as the battle times - Here is just one example of the armies the AI is creating -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AI Army Composition.JPG 
Views:	1068 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	352045

I've seen this with the Estruscans as well as Syracuse. Etruscans spammed the same spear infantry for most of their stacks. The battle times may be correlated to these army compositions. I found the battles to be about 5 minutes long with the enemy units routing fairly quickly.

Proud member of TFT.

Such army compositions can be only from the start cause AI simply dont have other units to recruit. But this happens not with all factions! (see screenshots). Another thing - all units in REM are limited to recruit (7-15), so more armies AI have, more various they will be! Btw Syracuse have quite good army on turn 8! About battles - units with morale lower than 50 can rout quickly, especcialy when they surronded.

Mod updated. Changelog:

1. Improved AI recruitment (less ranged units in armies).
    2. Made AI less aggressive in diplomacy.
    3. Decreased war weariness PO imperium penalty.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 05, 2019 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Really good mod! i enjoy it even more than DEI. It's a coherent overall mod package, and one of the best mods out there. After nearly thousands hours in Rome II this mod brought me finally back to play again Rome II. Continue your great work!

How you guys go with my mod? Write all you want in this thread! I'm ready!

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

zachman (TheSuperJew) and I are planning on making a youtube series on it, now that our DEI campaign can't be continiued. We'll be playing Head, with both having no experience with the mod. What tips can you give us (me) to gain an advantage in it? The mod looks really interesting, and I'm looking forward to playing it!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Default Re: REM Gold Edition [Download & Discussion]

So you are going to play multiplayer campaign? That wiil be great! I can advice to play on difficilty not higher than Hard or even on Normal for the first time! And take care of Public Order, cause good PO will give you advantage on recruitment (stats) and economy! Also you can earn some money (or make treaties) by offering declare wars on AI's enemies. But then it will be hard to make peace treaty (need to have at least neutral relations with other faction).

a big motivation factor is the BAI (great morale system), the CAI (unpredicted moves), the garrison system and the great recruiting system. You can't rush through the campaign map and conquer everything
    - the main goal is to keep public order high!
    - to convert in to your culture
    - to level up your general before go into the "big battles"

the only sub mod i prefer to use is the "easy diplomacy mod" to create a more varied experience. but that is only my personal opinion.

the only thing that really bothers me is when the enemy conquers my devastated village and has a full replenished garrison in the next turn. And that the edicts are nearly useless now

Blog Entries

Yeah, we're planning on Head to Head. I presume the mod is stable, so we won't encounter crashes. Is it well optimized for multiplayer? Which factions would you say are the most interesting to play as?
    and Peaman

@King Athelstan, The mod is stable, but crashes can occur because of engine itself. For multiplayer its rational to select easier difficulty, like I said! All faction are quite interesting, so its a matter of taste! Its better to play any official major faction (more income and units compared to minors).

@Stefanus, Thanks for some review! As i know AI garrisons have full replenishment by 4-5 turns (no idea where to change this). Edicts are usefull for certain reasons and I still use "Bread and games" from the start!

Blog Entries

Alright, we'll go normal then, probably. We aim to start recording next weekend, so we'll see who we pick then. Looking forward to playing it!
    and Peaman

This mod is damn good .
    It doesn't really crash at all on my PC atleast .
    I did feel a certain jerk due to the changes in battle and i did lose most of my battles .
    But i guess that just because
    1)I am a poor tactician .
    2)I haven't gotten accustomed to the changes yet .

But the mod is great .Really well done guys .Hats off .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast