Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Political system, sending statesmen on missions

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: Political system, sending statesmen on missions

I think it was in the latest patch that CA changed it so that the AI-factions can now only grant you a region via diplomacy directly bordering yours which was a big improvement to this feature. Otherwise, the feature itself is still there. I'm not sure what are the odds of that happening, but I guess it must be something between 10-20% every time you send out a diplomat. If you really don't want to be given any region via diplomacy then use this feature only on factions that you don't share the border with.

In my experience, you have the most chance when you send out a diplomat, save, and then reload the save.

I'll do that. Thank you.

I stopped sanding diplomatic missions for those reasons. It's completely random and non-immersive. Internal politics is such a big part of strategy game but as usual CA prefers to give us a turd rather than a thought out product.

It looks like in Three Kingdoms they went back to what was in Shogun 2. Maybe one day they will address it in Rome 2 but definitely not without a paid DLC otherwise why bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12