Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Making unit cards with MilkShape3D and GIMP 2

Default Re: Making unit cards with MilkShape3D and GIMP 2

Beautiful ! Keep the good work ;-)

although i personally prefer the more dynamic, in-action depiction of the warrions on the cards, yours do look great, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    PD: Umhh just a detail... could you please move the number of amount of mens a little bit so the 1xx of the hundred isnt on the spear handle?
    i'd agree with that, moving a tad to the right should still leave at least half a shield visible?

good job

I personally don't have any issue with that and he explained why he did it that way, also he would need to redo everything...

Wow. EB2 will now feel totaly different for me when playing it. Uniformity of cards is such important thing for me...

New cards for the Arverni:

I know all the swords don't have the same position, but it's much harder to find the good pose for swordsmen due to the different lengths of blade.

I tried to move the arm closer, but then I remembered why I had chosen this position in the first place. It's because when the arm is too close from the body, it messes with the model so you see the skin through the tunic. I could edit the picture like I do for other flaws but then it would be even much longer to do one card. I'll keep doing it this way, sorry. =)

I know I'm going slowly, but sometimes it's pretty hard to find the good models or textures because of changes in the naming of the unit or abbreviations. In some cases, I simply couldn't find the textures or models so i had to let go.

PS: I gave the Ligurian spearmen the pose of a skirmisher unit because that's what is displayed on the recruitment viewer, but maybe it's an error.

take all the time you need.

Ptolemaioi:

Civis

Can you release these for download? They look amazing

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Great cards.
    You know that if you have milkshape, GOAT 1.1 and Photoshop/GIMP you can make any kind of UI card in any stance you wish?
    Even on horses.
    Here is an example:

See that both UI cards are same and with much detail. The secret is to reduse digital noice of the image before make it a UI card.
    Also nottice the UI cards of horsearcher.

All you need is petience and experiments.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; April 19, 2018 at 12:39 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Wow, the detail of these cards is stunning! Which mod is this? I like the way sword and javelins are displayed together.

You have to know that I'm very new at this. I have neither the knowledge nor the tools do to much better. For example, I don't know what is GOAT, I don't have PS and I don't even know how to open mounted units. In the beginning, my idea was to make pictures for the info panel but I wasn't satisfied with the result so I decided to focus on the unit cards instead. I still have plenty of cards to do so I'll have the time to get better, I guess.

Reducing the digital noise sounds like a great advice, I'll look into it.
    Last edited by Assurancetourix; April 19, 2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyathon View Post
    Can you release these for download? They look amazing
    No roster in entirely done so it wouldn't make much sense, I'm sorry. The aim of this being to give more uniformity and polishing to EBII, it would be contradictory to mix old and new cards, don't you think? =)

Civis

As long as this will be released some day I'm happy

Deleted.
    Last edited by Assurancetourix; April 22, 2018 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Deleted.

Pritanoi:

These are looking great! Just be careful to work at a comfortable pace with them, completing them is more important than generating them quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    These are looking great! Just be careful to work at a comfortable pace with them, completing them is more important than generating them quickly.
    I agree with you, but I also feel the need to make regular updates to keep the machine going.

Areuakoi:

Fernandesz's Avatar Foederatus

Awesome dude! Can't wait for the release!
    BORA BAHHEAAAA !!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast