Thread: Help with t pose

Default Help with t pose

So ive added a unit from another game into med 2, the model shows up, the textures are good, but they are stuck in a t pose. I double checked the modeldb file and i saw no errors, im not 100% sure what could be causing it.

Some background on the model
    I took the model and then loaded in the three props (scimitar, shield, and cape). I textured each of these individually, then gave them the same UV map name and merged them into a single object like the other HTW models. I then scaled the merged model up until it was even with another model, Shrunk it back down to the size it was at, then turned it so it was facing forward in the new format.

Any help will be massively appreciated ☺
    Sign the petition to remove the hardcoded limits from M2TW
    https://www.change.org/p/creative-as...t_created=true

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Help with t pose

Any one from a number of omissions from you might result in this.
    Especially if you ported a model from another game.
    Did you for example assign the bone weights to the vertices according to a M2TW skeleton?

How would i go about adding bone weights? Sorry new to modelling

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    How would i go about adding bone weights? Sorry new to modelling
    There is this part of the forums: Skins, Models, and Animations.
    It is dedicated to modding battle map models.

There you will find the tutorials you need to get you started.
    You actually need to start with the tutorials, mate.

Also, note that for beginners, the best way to go is to modify existing models that are known to work.
    Porting a model from another game and then try to modify it enough to work in M2TW when you have to ask for help even about changing the bone weights of the vertices just show you that you have thrusted yourself in the deepest end of the pool.

Now, if you absolutely must follow through with this particular model, go to [Tutorial] Learn-on-the-job series, AKA "Holding a noob's hand through the woods" and skip to step 4 of case 2.
    If that is not enough, read all the cases.

An important thing to remember when asking technical help with a model is that you need to upload both the model-and-all-the-needed-textures and screenshots of the problem.
    Before you upload any model read case 1 of my tutorial and execute the steps that are relevant to your model.
    It's just plain good manners to give someone a model that makes sense in a glance, so that the helper can focus his-or-her attention on the aspects of the model that are not the way they are supposed to be.

Thanks for the help ill look into that, i didnt post a pic because i cant take screenshots currently but im looking to get that sorted, ill take that account in the future