Thread: Which one to buy

Icon5 Which one to buy

If you could only buy one of the two which would you buy and why?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Which one to buy

Both, so you can have all the factions and play the Mortal Empire campaign.

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Yeah, but the ME campaign is kinda boring. Plus the AI turn times are outrageous: you spend 1-2 minutes actually playing and another 1 or 2 waiting for the AI to finish its moves each turn.

I'm not a fan of the Vortex mechanic in WH2, so I'd recommend buying WH1. It's also a lot more fleshed out.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Since both game presents different races, it is really worth getting both games.

So instead of rushing to buy only one now and have to chose, better to wait for a sale and buy both.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Long term plan - get everything. Mortal Empire (ME) for owning both WH1+2 is long term value which is getting better and better. With WH3 there will be ME2.0 as combination of all three games.

BUT short term. Right now WH1 + all DLCs is like more polished/finished product. And probably cheaper with more sales etc. WH2 on controry is providing some improvement and has some hiccups like with ME and Norsca being delayed up to May when we will get Norsca+Lord pack DLC (HE/DE probably)+30 RoR+FLC (lizardman LL probably)..

WH2 Vortex campaign is little different aproach to game´s end content and some people don´t prefer it that way. Basically you are racing the ticking clock, so if you prefer lazy slow pace very careful progress well you mignt not like it (but we have mods for everything..) And you have some tools to slow clock and Tomb Kings doesn´t give a literally...

So If I may suggest. If you are not sure, buy WH1 with sale. Even without any DLC, you will encounter all content under AI control.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Thanks for all the advice and I was think of trying WH1 first on waiting for it to go on sale

In my opinion WH1 sets the scene perfectly. I like WH2 more but i wouldnt get it first. Try and get both if you can though. WH2 adds a lot of cool stuff to WH1.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk