Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

Thanks for supporting me !

@j.a.luna: I was thinking of redoing the Lusitanian javelinmen unit which is a mercenary unit. Do you have any suggestions for me, images on which to inspire me ?

Otherwise :
    1 - Indeed, in my game with Aragon, I did not have access to mailed knights even though I am already in 1162. Only frankish knights mercenaries can be recruited, but they are very expensive.

2 - Send me an image for the andalusian spearmen, I'll see what I can do. For the Andalusian archers, it's something to think about with the team.

3 - The jinetes are already available for each Iberian faction. Is it really necessary to make them AOR ? The Lusitanian javelinmen seem fine to me as mercenaries for now.

4 - I will indeed have to take care of redoing the knights (orders in general)

5 - I agree with you that levy javelinmen should not be "mercenary" and only available in Christian Iberian factions (why not change the name to peones).

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

If you allow me a small advice. Lets supose that you want to make knights with similar equipent (shiled shape, helmets shape, swords etc) for 4-10 factions.
    Rule no1: Paint does not have 3d print. That means that each symbol on a shield or on a cloth of a knight over his chain hauberk must NOT have its own normal map.
    An example of TGC . We have the following units.
    Scutatoi
    Menaylatoi
    Kontaratoi
    Their equipment in in one and only one attachment texture.
    Those units have the following varietions:
    Royal
    Usurpers
    Rebels
    Mercenaries/AOR
    They use different color and symbols on their shields but all share one comon normal map texture. That saves you space for other textures. CAUTION :That implies when units uses the same shape attachments or part of it.
    With that rule mailed knights can have 12 different attachment textures (one per faction)but all will share a comon normal map texture.
    Rule no2
    When you use javelinmen mmake sure two things:
    a) In EDU they are class skirmish for infantry javelinmen
    b) Place the javelin like you place the spear in spearmen and assign it to bone_weapon_weapon01
    The 2nd rule aplies to both infantry and cavalry javelinemen.

TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

@AnthoniusII : Not being very comfortable with the language of Shakespeare, I'm not sure I understood all of your message.
    I use photoshop with a plugin that allows me to make normal maps.
    For a single normal map to be used by all factions, I can, for example, black out the symbols visible on the shields... Which I didn't do with the normal map used by my spanish knights on this image ...
    Normal map corrected

Lets supose that you want to make mailed knights for 12 factions. IF their attachment has the shame shape (same shape is kite or round shields, leather or wooden shields etc) you create 12 attachment textures with each faction shield colors and symbols on them right?. Now Take one of those textures and place on the shield's main cover (not the suposed 3d parts) like leather or wood and create an other attachment texture. No symbols no diffferent colors. Make a normal map of that texture and use it for all the 12 different faction textures as comon one.
    For example: See in my previus post the cavalry javelinmen.
    Now look those:

They use different colors uniforms with different details but they share the same body narmal map texture. The same aplies for their attachments. They use different shield symbols and colors but they share the same attachment narmal map texture.
    Because "paint does not have a 3d print"... According to how many units each attachment will be used for the normal map can be one.
    For example in my Roman units 5 infantry units share the same attachment and their faction varietions share the one ans same normal map attachment texture.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Well... actually, it's a bit the same with my units for SSHIP. I keep the same normal map when only the colors or symbols change and I create different ones if 3D details appear.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Thanks for supporting me !

@j.a.luna: I was thinking of redoing the Lusitanian javelinmen unit which is a mercenary unit. Do you have any suggestions for me, images on which to inspire me ?

Otherwise :
    1 - Indeed, in my game with Aragon, I did not have access to mailed knights even though I am already in 1162. Only frankish knights mercenaries can be recruited, but they are very expensive.

2 - Send me an image for the andalusian spearmen, I'll see what I can do. For the Andalusian archers, it's something to think about with the team.

3 - The jinetes are already available for each Iberian faction. Is it really necessary to make them AOR ? The Lusitanian javelinmen seem fine to me as mercenaries for now.

4 - I will indeed have to take care of redoing the knights (orders in general)

5 - I agree with you that levy javelinmen should not be "mercenary" and only available in Christian Iberian factions (why not change the name to peones).

It is always a pleasure to help you and sship team in any way I can, my friend!

1.----As for the Lusitanian Javalinmen, if you want, you can give them a more generic name like "iberian Javalinmen" and make them mercenaries throughout Iberia, since this name comes from the name of the Lusitanos (in Latin: Lusitani), fierce warriors who put up a strong resistance to Roman penetration (2nd century BC), to the point of being one of the Iberian regions that fought against the invasion for the longest time. And with this it would only be restricted to the part of Portugal, therefore I think that as a typical mercenary from Iberia this unit could be calling it more generically "Iberian javalinmen".

His equipment to differentiate him from the possible "Peones" (levy javalinmen), could be light equipment as skirmishers such as small helmets, padded armor and even light chainmail and his famous "adarga" type shield, with javelins and swords. Here some images about light infantry with adarga shield and javelins,also you can mix with little round shields made of wood and leather.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you need more information or images tell me it

2.----About mailed knights for iberian factions I don't know if it is a mistake or maybe they will be acquired later, I think you should check with Jurand, but in my opinion and in the historical books the Castilians and Aragonese already had heavy cavalry similar to their French and English contemporaries (in the Norman style and with a spear at the ready), with identical armor, perhaps with its Iberian peculiarities but I think they should be at the beginning of the game for the 3 factions, perhaps to a lesser extent and in less quantity than the hidalgo knights (minor nobles), the mailed knights would be the nobility itself and the caballeros hidalgos represent the lesser nobility, that means the word "hidalgo", then we would have the following in the landowners:

-Caballeros hidalgod (Lower nobility with less armor and guerrilla fighting style with javelins and swords)
    -Mailed knights (Nobility equipped in the European and Norman style, made to charge with a spear at the ready, good armor and weapons)
    -Sword mailed knights (nobles on foot)
    -The caballeros villanos would be recruited in the stables of the castles as feudal servants of the lower classes but who could afford a mount and light equipment. (something similar to the famous "Jinetes") also in the medium barracks of the cities as Urban militia in the villas.

Caballeros villanos

- Link to medieval iberian armies

https://arrecaballo.es/edad-media/la...os-cristianos/

Iberian Mailed Knights

3---- About Andalusian units, they should be AOR units in ALL Andalusia (Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba) also in Silves and Murcia (more on less all south of Spain), it is true that andalusian urban militias used crossbow a lot...
    I leave you some images and a link about the Andalusian infantry so that you can get an idea... They would be a strong urban militia with good armor (chain mail) and protections such as nasal helmets with turbans, they would have a mixture of Muslim and Christian culture in their clothing since they were made up of the Mozarabs (Christians under Muslim rule) and Muslims born in Iberia after years of generations... They would be citizens of average wealth who could afford good equipment to defend their cities.
    This would also apply to a unit called "armoured urban militia" which is in the almoravid unit roster, they have old vanilla model and they also represent these Andalusian units but with swords and shields, I think you could do something about it and even make them AOR , just like the Grenadine Jinetes (moors faction).

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Moors-Maghreb) (old vainilla model, rework and Andalusian AOR?

https://arrecaballo.es/edad-media/la...#la-infanteria (Almoravid-Almohad armies)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ead&styleid=43 (Andalusian units models)

Andalusian Crossbowmen

Andalusian infantry (spearmen and swordmen)

4.---- The Jinetes together with the "iberian javalinmen" should be the AOR and mercenary units par excellence of Iberia, perhaps make them available as factional units for the 3 Iberian factions but mercenaries throughout Iberia (that all factions can at least recruit them), they would represent the style of guerrillas and skirmishes that continually existed in the border areas between Moors and Christians and their great mobility.

5.----Regarding the military orders in Iberia, currently in the game there are 4 units:Santiago knights, Santiago foot knights, Montesa knights and Montesa foot knights

All of them with old vanilla models and as far as I know only the Santiago knights are available in the game, the ones from Montesa I think not and they would only be in custom battles... As the most important military order was that of Santiago, so if you want to do hollow you have 2 more free slots when eliminating Montesa, perhaps with this you could make sergeants for military orders (since currently they only have knights)

6.----And finally about the "Peones" they were the basic infantry of the Castilians and Aragonese, they had all kinds of basic weapons, in the game we already have levy crossbowmen and spear militia, so this unit of levy javalinmen as a basic Iberian unit could be called "Pawns" representing this class of basic infantry, armed with a small number of javelins, axes, small swords and a mixture of shields such as adargas, round shields, kite shields...with leather armour for example (in general basic peasant militia with javelins, axes/swords and little armour, light infantry).
    a little historical description about this unit:

"The infantry was made up of peasant peones, who went to battle in the service of their knight or from the urban militias and brotherhoods. At first they were poorly equipped, since the horsemen were protected, but the pawns protected themselves with what they could. Their weapons were spears, slings, bows, crossbows, and short swords. Those in the front lines were protected by wooden shields, initially round and later kite-shaped. They were used mainly as auxiliary troops. Their function in battle was to hold off the enemy troops until the cavalry arrived and to block the enemy infantry during the knights' charge."

Possible example for "Peones"
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 25, 2023 at 05:41 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Wow! Thank you for all this documentation! Only the last image of the peones does not appear.
    Your documents are sure to inspire me to keep improving the Iberian factions.

Wow! Thank you for all this documentation! Only the last image of the peones does not appear.
    Your documents are sure to inspire me to keep improving the Iberian factions.
    Your welcome my friend! I hope my information is useful for your great project of historical units!

For the Peones, here some images for you have some ideas... It would be something similar to your current levy javalinmen unit, but with more Iberian touches (like an Iberian faction unit), they are the base of these armies (peasant levy or militia) and have little equipment (the one they could afford). but in the style of skirmishers (small javelin ammunition), light infantry.
    Small shields such as "adargas" , round shields, leather armor, and metal and wooden helmets, as well as small swords, axes, and maces as secondary weaponry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	main-qimg-874b0f546e5dc37a336365d8e2db71d8-lq.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	368649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	main-qimg-f41cb785c1297910efae1c45cdeda422-c.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	368650Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krcjXIP.jpg 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	368651
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 26, 2023 at 06:56 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

My last redone units for mercenary lusitanian javelinmen:

This unit is recruitable at the start of the campaign

The 1st improvement (ug1) should be available in the second half of the 12th century

The 2nd improvement should be available around the second half of the 13th century

A few more pictures:

WOOOWW really great this lusitanian javalinmen!!! Every day you improve more and more kostic! Do you need help for descriptions text of your units? i can give you my support for this... but one question, why do I see so many turbans with conical helmets in this unit? I don't know if you want to reflect the mixture of the Muslim and Christian styles in said unit... perhaps this mixture of styles would be better for the Andalusian (Mozarabic) troops. This unit, which could be called Iberian javalinmen, as a more generic term as I explained to you at the time, could be available practically throughout Iberia as a mercenary along with the "Jinetes" as its mounted version.

As I have told you, I think that for the first improvement (ug1) perhaps it should be more of a European/Christian style, especially because of the issue of Muslim turbans and conical helmets, perhaps to represent protection against the sun you could also put cloth or cloth on top the helmets but more European/Norman style (similar to Christian guard unit).
    As I have mentioned, I think that this mix of oriental and Christian armor would be very useful for the Andalusian troops to reflect the Christians who fought alongside the Almoravids as well as their Muslim companions. Keep in mind that in the Reconquest both armies (Muslim and Christian) had many similarities in their weapons and armor with slight variations.

For the rest, as always, thanks for your effort to make the mod more realistic and historical!
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 27, 2023 at 07:41 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Indeed, as this mercenary unit is used for both Moors and Christians, I decided to mix styles.
    I find that this allows this unit to differentiate itself from the levy javelinmen which should have a purely Christian appearance, not be mercenary and recruitable only by Aragon, Castile/Leon and Portugal.

What do you think ?

Indeed, as this mercenary unit is used for both Moors and Christians, I decided to mix styles.
    I find that this allows this unit to differentiate itself from the levy javelinmen which should have a purely Christian appearance, not be mercenary and recruitable only by Aragon, Castile/Leon and Portugal.

What do you think ?
    Ok, I agree with you, but if you can rename them as Iberian javaliners, it would be ideal to make them mercenaries in almost all of Iberia... Regarding the levy javaliners, as I told you, they should be a factional unit for the 3 Iberian factions, not a mercenary unit ... for that we already have the previous ones... Also if it is possible to rename them as "Peones" and give them a basic and light equipment with Christian identities, many recruitable in cities (such as council militias) and castle barracks, they were the basic infantry of these Iberian kingdoms, in fact the word "Peón" defines the basic chess pieces.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I therefore reviewed the javelinmen unit so that it is only recruitable by Aragon, Spain, Portugal and Slave.
    I also removed the mercenary unit attribute from it. The Lusitanian javelinmen already playing this role.
    type Javelinmen
    dictionary Javelinmen ; Levy Javelinmen : feudal levy, factional
    category infantry
    class skirmish
    voice_type Light
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Javelinmen, 48, 0, 0.8
    officer northern_captain
    officer northern_captain_early_flag
    mount_effect elephant +6
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, foot_javelinmen, start_not_skirmishing, is_peasant
    move_speed_mod 1.08
    formation 1.4, 1.2, 2.8, 1.2, 3, square
    stat_health 1, 2
    stat_pri 11, 2, javelin, 55, 4, thrown, missile_mechanical, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr area, thrown
    stat_sec 2, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 37, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 0, 3, 2, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 1
    stat_ground 1, 0, 2, -1
    stat_mental 5, normal, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 6
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 610, 249, 65, 249, 249, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1, 4
    armour_ug_models Javelinmen, Javelinmen_ug1, Javelinmen_ug2
    ownership portugal, spain, aragon, slave
    era 0 portugal, spain, aragon
    era 1 portugal, spain, aragon
    recruit_priority_offset 5
    ;112
    I'm ok with changing the name javelinmen to peones, but it requires touching the export_units.txt file and maybe others... I'm afraid I'm making a mistake. Perhaps Macaras or Jurand will be more comfortable making this change.

Hi kostic here some ideas about the rework of "marinae" units, first read my notes about italian unit roster here:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...mp-Pisa)/page2

-Marinae(Naval infantrymen)---Current sship unit. Maybe they shoud have little axes/swords or harpoons( for boardings), with light armour and shields ( round).
    Recruitable in PORTS for all italian factions(maybe also sicily???) and also for factions that have the building of "italian trade quarter".
    Gasmuli would be for only byzantines (They would represent the descendants of the Greeks united with the Italians, in addition to their famous use of the crossbow by the Italians (Genoese, Pisans, Venetians...) In the byzantine empire, recruitable in italian trade quarters, also you could add marinae units in this building. And later professional crossbowmen or genoese crossbowmen.

Here some images about medieval "marine" units"

Name:	Genoese_Marines.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	368665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9bc4a6c328f34ad1c9d25f3fd5502c31.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	368666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	181db3b73fe52c8474ce743c0ef7f324 (1).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	969.3 KB 
ID:	368667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	368668

And this for Fanti di mar (fanteria pesante) the most advance marines for Venetians ( sXIII- s.XV)

Name:	aac7ebe63ee693427ee9bde65829a20ca282c3f2.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	795.8 KB 
ID:	368669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c8212150467953f2fa52401728920fb4.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1,020.6 KB 
ID:	368670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00260b826125828fa366ab551a474c71.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	368671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78c3d40af0f2eabc607fba8e954504b4--medieval-armor-crossbow.jpg 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	368672

The men with hammers and venetian shields
    You could make differents upgrade armour for both units
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Great work on the mod, really gives the game a lot more flavor.

By the way, I would like to ask if you could maybe consider revisiting some of the units, the dismounted feudal knight and dismounted sergeants at arms for england for example have kind of strange shields.
    Considering they don't have plate armor, maybe it would be sound to give them full sized kite shields or heater shields instead?

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	521.0 KB 
ID:	368675
    Last edited by Nightmare799; February 04, 2023 at 10:36 PM.

@j.a.lune: Thanks for the ideas

@Nightmare799: This unit is the one created by Sandy and I haven't reviewed it yet. This unit should appear during the 14th century when the shield is much smaller than it was in the 13th or 12th century. Its small size is compensated by the improvement of the armor with its metal protections over the chain mail.

I will take care of modifying it to my liking when I feel up to date with the 12th and 13th centuries.

@j.a.lune: Thanks for the ideas

@Nightmare799: This unit is the one created by Sandy and I haven't reviewed it yet. This unit should appear during the 14th century when the shield is much smaller than it was in the 13th or 12th century. Its small size is compensated by the improvement of the armor with its metal protections over the chain mail.

I will take care of modifying it to my liking when I feel up to date with the 12th and 13th centuries.
    Oh I see, sorry, I didn't know that. Thanks for taking the time to respond, I adjusted it myself for now though modeldb modifications so I'm no longer bothered by it, but your models look great and I'm looking forward to your take on the unit once you get to that point.

Here are some screenshots of my current work on the feudal_knights and dismounted_feudal_knights units for 13th century.

I'm adapting the armor coats to the crests on the shields for all the factions concerned. There are about ten possible coat of arms per faction, but the game engine randomly chooses only some per unit.

french dismounted feudal knights

Sicilian feudal knights

Sicilian dismounted feudal knights

Venice feudal knights

Venice dismounted feudal knights

Example of textures for a faction :

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

As twc's resident dismounted feudal knight, I approve of this development.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?