Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

@JOC: I want to look at this problem, but in which file have you copied these lines ?

Otherwise, the representation problem of the Qara_Khitai rebels and that of the Hirdsmen rebels in Iraq is not the same:
    In the first case it is the strat_model which is not the good one.
    In the second case it is the battle_model which is not appropriate.

Ah! I found ! These lines are in the campaign_script file.

@jaluna: Do you have a backup of your campaign ?
    Maybe the strat_model fix can be done just by adding "strat_model cuman_general" after family ? (by adding a comma and a space)

We should check.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Ah! I found ! These lines are in the campaign_script file.

@jaluna: Do you have a backup of your campaign ?
    Maybe the strat_model fix can be done just by adding "strat_model cuman_general" after family ? (by adding a comma and a space)

We should check.
    now I am in the year 1151 in my campaign ... that was in 1140 .. if my saved game serves you, I'll leave it here, right now those rebel armies are still in the city of Merv and Gorganch (they conquered them )
    I think that if the strat models of the Mongols are different from those of the Cumans, you should put Mongol models more than Cumans, the Qara Khitai had more Asian features and were more similar to the Mongols than to the Cumans ...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Ok. Send me your backup, I'll see if adding this line works. I will provoke the rebels to get them out of their city ... and see their appearance on the campaign map !

Ok. Send me your backup, I'll see if adding this line works. I will provoke the rebels to get them out of their city ... and see their appearance on the campaign map !
    Ok here my save with my norwegian campaign!

Noruega.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

For other hand Kostic is possible that you make more "Norman Shields" for units as Saxon Huscarls( or they would be better ANGLO-SAXON HUSCARLS), Norman Sergeants (could be called "Norman spearmen or Norman sergeants spearmen"), Miles and miles pedites( these are OK for me, but dont use your models), same for Norman knights and Dismounted Norman Knights... Also i think that should be mercenaries in Italy as Normans knights, they were famous and feared mercenaries hired for byzantines, other italians cities...

i hope these images can help you, also for other knights or units

Last edited by j.a.luna; November 17, 2020 at 05:33 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

It seems that only the starting Danish FM's have cavalry bodyguards, every new one that spawns has hirdmen, and the Norwegian version at that.

Mmmmh ... It's curious, I didn't seem to have noticed this problem during my test part.
    However, if this is really the case, I would have to find what assigns the type "Hirdsmen" to bodyguards in the descr_campaign file.
    For my part, I had modified all the Danish bodyguards in the descr_strat for the start of the game. I had understood that depending on the date, the next generals would all have horses and would no longer be on foot.
    As far as Norway is concerned, indeed the choice of the team was to leave the generals and their bodyguards on foot.

Has anyone else noticed this problem playing the Denmark faction ?

Has anyone else noticed this problem playing the Denmark faction ?
    I applied the submod over an ongoing campaign and still got the foot BG (Anyway I prefer this way, I think the Nordic should get horse BGs by 1200s, but if you know historical sources please correct me, otherwise I'd propose that a small script could give them the horses sooner if they capture any continental Minor city/Castle or larger -Also IMO only for the spawning ones, the starting keep their veteran hirdsmen-).

I think that they make their early game unique, and balances them considering they only have to worry about 1 small border after dealing with one another.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; November 25, 2020 at 11:47 AM.

What is with denmark is that the player often starts to capture Ribe, who herself has bodyguards on horseback.
    It would seem curious to me that there were no knights in these regions in the 12th century.

What is with denmark is that the player often starts to capture Ribe, who herself has bodyguards on horseback.
    It would seem curious to me that there were no knights in these regions in the 12th century.
    I suspect you may not be aware that those horses don't have beards whatsoever! You do. Charge!

jk, maybe Lifth knows, he posted in the Scandinavia thread back then, based on sources.

Several attempts to replace the Islamic captains fail.
    The main reason is that my Toolbox never manages to convert my ms3d models to cas ... even when I get the original model back !

I tried to recover BC models (already in .cas) without success either.
    Once installed, the new model crashes the game.

It is hopeless !

Several attempts to replace the Islamic captains fail.
    The main reason is that my Toolbox never manages to convert my ms3d models to cas ... even when I get the original model back !

I tried to recover BC models (already in .cas) without success either.
    Once installed, the new model crashes the game.

It is hopeless !
    A lot of encouragement Kostic !!! maybe someone expert in that subject could help you? maybe Gigantus who knows about all kinds of things about modeling?
    It's strange that importing models from other mods like BC doesn't work well ... you've already done it with the rusichi models and there were no problems ...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hello Kostic, here is the modeldb from KCC with the few things gigantus pointed out corrected
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

@Belovèse : Thank you, friend ! I will put it in my current game to check that everything is working normally.

It seems there's still the issue of Hanseatic trade posts merchant limit being wonkers and buildable nearly everywhere. Got it on heartland France. As I detected this issue with the submod, I am posting here.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    It seems there's still the issue of Hanseatic trade posts merchant limit being wonkers and buildable nearly everywhere. Got it on heartland France. As I detected this issue with the submod, I am posting here.
    You should post it in the Bug Thread , iirc KCC has nothing to do with the files that changes guilds etc. KCC was also updated with the Patch E files , so JoC fix was already in place . Personally as England i got no Hansa guilds offer in 130 turns , which is intended i suppose.

Despite my disappointments, I managed to bring out a suitable Muslim captain for me.
    The main problem is that I can no longer convert my strat_models into .cas after working them with Mishape3D ...
    So I was only able to play on the textures from existing models.
    That of the Muslim captain comes from Broken Crescent kingdoms 2.4

Here is an overview of the new strat_models for Western princesses, diplomats and Muslim captains.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Looks good Kostic , good job!

Really look good Kostic!
    But for generals/ heir/ Amir of muslims factions also plan to add new strat map models?
    For western factions, what are they? English, iberians, italians, french and germans? The rest of factions have the old models of princesses and diplomats? Maybe you could combine it so that they had more variety of models, for example to the Italian factions, give the old model of diplomats and princesses and combine the new models for other factions, how do you see the idea? or do you think the old models would not work?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,