Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

Kostic speaking of the Iberian units (Castilian, Aragonese, Portuguese ...) and to make them a little more unique (as they were due to their continuous contact with the Muslims) it would be possible to make models of units for the Almogávar unit, which They do not have the same model as the normal javeliners, they should have a more disheveled appearance, with hides and leather, since they came from mountainous lands in addition to adding as a secondary weapon their feared large knife "cotell", I also think that I should add the attribute It "scares the enemy troops" because it really did. If you want more information I can provide it.
    Here are the old links on this topic.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-ROSTERS/page2

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...N-amp-CASTILLE

https://almogavares.foroactivo.com/t1286-la-adarga

NOTE: I HAVE CHECKED THE BELOW PICTURES THROUGH THE SOURCES LISTED ABOVE AND CANNOT FIND ANY DIRECT LINK TO OSPREY PICTURES OR IMAGES

Another issue would be to add more variety to the Iberian units to add the shield type "adarga", the Iberian Christians adopted it from the Muslims and used both cavalry and infantry, it had a lot of resistance to swords, spears and arrows.

ADARGA SHIELD

ALMOGAVARES

Last edited by Navajo Joe; November 05, 2020 at 01:17 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks for the documentation ! I think I'll get back to work soon. I will already install the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Thanks for the documentation ! I think I'll get back to work soon. I will already install the new version.
    Perfect mate!!! TOGETHER can improve sship mod! you know that i can help for historicals iberian and moors unit roster/ composition
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Thank you kostic! Eagerly waiting the .97 sship version!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ kostic, is your KCC 0.9.4 version included in SSHIP v0.9.7 or at least compatible with it? Thanks Mate.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

No. Not yet. I must first adapt it (the EDU is no longer the same in terms of costs and unit statistics).
    In the meantime, I will post a submod in my section (KCC) suitable for the new SSHIP 0.9.7 version shortly.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Thanks Mate and no hurry. That's just to answer to a question on ModDB
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

I will start the unit cards project as well when you update the mod.

@Nemesis : Will you allow me to include your unit cards in my next submod for SSHIP 0.9.7 ?

Even if the work is still incomplete, your unit cards are a great asset for KCC.

Yes, if i didnt state it before, SSHIP team has full access to my work.

If you want to include them sure, but i will rework them once again since i discovered some great angles and techniques for new cards, so im gonna replace them once again xD.

It's great news that you have found a way to improve your unit cards again !
    In my case, I would also like to improve my already made units. We must also advance on other unmodified units. The choice is difficult between reviewing your work and continuing the project...

Now i am playing with a new campaign with norwegians( revival viking times haha) i noticed for now two little issues

-the muslims generals have the old faction leader model strat map, and the muslim faction leader have the old general strat map model

-for norwegian units, i noticed that "veteran drengjar" have 4 points of armour but the unit model dont have any armour, maybe you can add them some armour as leather or mail

-the unit of drengjar have old vainilla models, maybe you can improve them with old viking appearance,in rusichi models existed a model called vargagi, i think that is fit for them
    So i think that is a good idea use the current model of "veteran drengjar" for "drengjar" unit( less armour) and make a new model for veteran drengjar with a little of more armour, i can give you if need some images for this.

I will continue to tell you more suggestions if I see more things, thanks for all your effort, your units are great! We hope to see them in other factions such as Muslims or if is possible add the Roman units of Nikkosaiz to sship mod.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

-the muslims generals have the old faction leader model strat map, and the muslim faction leader have the old general strat map model
    I know. It is a provisional choice to differentiate leaders from generals.

-for norwegian units, i noticed that "veteran drengjar" have 4 points of armour but the unit model dont have any armour, maybe you can add them some armour as leather or mail

-the unit of drengjar have old vainilla models, maybe you can improve them with old viking appearance,in rusichi models existed a model called vargagi, i think that is fit for them
    So i think that is a good idea use the current model of "veteran drengjar" for "drengjar" unit( less armour) and make a new model for veteran drengjar with a little of more armour, i can give you if need some images for this.
    Yes. I'll see that when the time comes.

I hope this mini mod got integrated with core SSHIP soon, keep up the good work!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    I hope this mini mod got integrated with core SSHIP soon, keep up the good work!
    We will not make further patches to the v. 097 so this mod will be operational with 097 forever.
    It will also be the backbone of the v. 098, with other changes introduced as well.

Kostic i saw a little "issue" in the campaign map, when qara khitai attack Selyuks, they are represented by two models of european captains in the campaign map, ( as if they were spanish army for example), they are rebel army ( via script), maybe you can give them a "mongol" or "cuman" appearance for these campaign strat models.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Great Job ! I will begin updating my KCC Unit Card submod as well , hope to be done with the next version until Christmas !

@jaluna : Thank you for the info. I'm assuming this "qara khitai" unit is in the descr-strat file ? or in descr_rebel_factions ?
    I have never seen these rebels before, but I remember seeing rebels in the desert (near Baghdad) with the appearance of Hirdsmen bodyguards ... there are things to review on this side !

@Nemesis : I had put your submod as an option on the KCC 0.9.5 download page; that's why I told you about his absence when I copied the link. If anyone wants to try out your current unit cards, I could put your file - which I kept on my hard drive - online ...
    Don't rush to redo everything, I think when version 0.9.8 is released there will still be some changes with the units.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @jaluna : Thank you for the info. I'm assuming this "qara khitai" unit is in the descr-strat file ? or in descr_rebel_factions ?
    I have never seen these rebels before, but I remember seeing rebels in the desert (near Baghdad) with the appearance of Hirdsmen bodyguards ... there are things to review on this side !

@Nemesis : I had put your submod as an option on the KCC 0.9.5 download page; that's why I told you about his absence when I copied the link. If anyone wants to try out your current unit cards, I could put your file - which I kept on my hard drive - online ...
    Don't rush to redo everything, I think when version 0.9.8 is released there will still be some changes with the units.
    Mmm they are 2 rebel armies with full stacks, after the event qara khitai attack Corasan in the year 1140 aprox. Near to Merv and Gorganch, they have european general strat model and they should have mongol strat model...
    Yes also see Hirdsmen but for danish,( in the description picture and one unit) and they should have mounted bodyguard no?

We hope soon the 0.9.8 version, sure that is amazing (improve in units)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Qara Khitai is a new invasion from the East, introduced in 097, created actually by MWY long time ago.

The composition of the army is as follows:

Code:
       monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType slave        and I_EventCounter Qara_Khitai_Invasion = 1

historic_event Qara_Khitai_Attack

spawn_army ; URGENCH
                faction slave
                character	Tabuyan, named character, age 48, x 504, y 148, label qarakhitaileader, family
                traits MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 2 , BattleDread 1 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 1 , GoodCavalryGeneral 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 6 , Intelligent 6
                unit	ME Bodyguard		exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Nukeri Horse Archers		exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Lubchiten Horse Archers		exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Steppe Kazaks		exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Steppe Kazaks		exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Merguen Archers		exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Kashtim Thralls		exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Afghan Javelinmen		exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Afghan Javelinmen		exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            end

spawn_army ; MERV
                faction slave
                character	Yelu_Dashi, named character, age 27, x 508, y 126, label qarakhitaiheir, family
                traits MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 2 , Anger 1 , StrategyDread 1 , PublicFaith 1 , Loyal 2 , ContentGeneral 1
                unit	ME Bodyguard				exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit	Steppe Kazaks				exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            end

terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    This is simply two armies of the Slave faction. I have no idea what determines the models used on the battle map.