Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

@Nemesis2345:
    It's as if you didn't read the first part of my post.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Here are some pictures of my new version of the Georgian bodyguards.
    They are no longer archers but heavy lancers. It seems fairer historically.
    I used the material of Broken Crescent although it may be necessary to redo the shields and the swords ... it is a first provisional version.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The African Tribal Warriors unit seems to be based on 19th century Zulus rather than on either East or West African medieval troops. I don't believe the body paint on African Archers and African Javelinmen is historical either. This thread offers some good material to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    ...it may be necessary to redo the shields and the swords...
    "Redo the shields"?
    How about just using my textures for Georgian shields?
    Kingdom-of-Georgia-Raindrop Shield Patterns.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripledot View Post
    The African Tribal Warriors unit seems to be based on 19th century Zulus rather than on either East or West African medieval troops. I don't believe the body paint on African Archers and African Javelinmen is historical either. This thread offers some good material to work with.
    Fully agree.
    An equally good source of the material (and even better: models) is the Broken Crescent mod.

@paleologos : Thanks for your shields ! However, I am puzzled.
    What made me want to see Georgia again is the work of Khevsur who gave us many digital paintings to represent the warriors of his country. However, he put a comment for your shields saying that they were not historic ...

Some of them are not historically confirmed and that's what Khevsur meant.
    If you only want the "confirmed" types you can consult Khevsur and only use the ones he approves and then you will only be left with limited choice.
    From my part, I used decorative patterns that historically have appeared in Georgian art and I made the assumption that they were likely to be used in shield decorations as well.

If you point me to Khevsur's paintings I will make a couple of designs in addition to the ones I have already published.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Fully agree.
    An equally good source of the material (and even better: models) is the Broken Crescent mod.
    The African Tribal Warriors are actually ported from Broken Crescent (original name: Sudanese Tribal Warband). Though the Arab and Crusader units are generally high-quality, seems like they didn't put in as much effort into their East African roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripledot View Post
    The African Tribal Warriors are actually ported from Broken Crescent (original name: Sudanese Tribal Warband). Though the Arab and Crusader units are generally high-quality, seems like they didn't put in as much effort into their East African roster.
    Yes, but iirc there're a few more units depicting troops from that territory and these could be used as an alternative to the current African Tribal Warriors?

Hi Kostic! I see that you are working on Georgian units and from Georgia is one step to Eastern Roman Empire so I found something about Byzantine swords. But its translated from greek to english by translator.

The handguard that has a call down is not used to the European swords of the West. Unlike the Bronze Age, the Greeks had a handcuff with this call that gradually changed and returned to the fore after centuries. In the lower photographs you see hagiographies of the 14th century from the Despotate of Epirus, Agios Prokopios and Archangel Michael with swords where the handguard has a call down, as well as 11th and 12th century ceramics depicting Digenis Akritas with a border with the same handguard.
    In the above photos we see a 15th century sword from the Balkan region and now it is located in Istanbul. In the middle we see another sword identified as Byzantine with the same handguard. It should be noted here that the way swordsmen with this kind of sword are different.

Thank you. Interesting info for Georgian swords. I'm a bit in the documentation and reflection phase with this faction. Having various sources seems useful to me.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Kostic the lammelar and scale armor textures look very fammiliar to me. I wonder why is that.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I used Broken Crescent textures with some of Rusishi. Anyway, this version is provisional. I think I have to work on other textures for a more satisfactory result. I'm thinking about it for now.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

You may be right. But as Absinthia said year s ago i coyld recognise a modding part from its details.
    The lammelar and the pointy scale quirasses are identical to TGC one (the 1st made by Leif Erikson and the other from scratch by Absinthia) plus the cloacks have the changes i made for TGC mod and originaly made by Absinthia.
    But...i must be mistaken.
    In any case remember that in this stage ussing TGC material (modified or not ) is forbiten.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ kostic, can you post a model from BC using that texture, just to clarify things. Thanks in advance Mate
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Here are the 2 units whose textures I borrowed for my Georgian BGs.
    But I am not satisfied. The Georgian BGs will not be those displayed above.

Monaspa lancers (Broken Crescent units)

Alani for Cumans (Rusichi units... i suppose )

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ kostic, thanks Mate

@ AnthoniusII, I hope that this comforts you in the fact we haven't used your models/textures without your permission
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

https://gyazo.com/ddc1f20518843b89576be6c0bee4b62c - venice cards

https://gyazo.com/7f6adb1febc7c4cc51942f59c749bee6 - french cards

https://gyazo.com/373fd35bec2733a1bfe734de90581cde - hungarian cards ( the dark ui here looks kinda bad , honestly)

https://gyazo.com/09a4fd4c3d824e6c1af76a1796ea8a81 - most european mercs cards

Question for Kostic , after you finish the georgian troops any chance you will look into Zweihander and Ritterbrudders reskin?

Also , the Chivalric Knigths for Aragon are silver-textured , if you want to fix them in the future .

@Nemesis, is it deliberate that 1/3 of the icons are empty? I mean: the silhouttes are very small.

as compared to the other mods:

DLV (my favourites)

Rus2TW
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 11, 2020 at 02:53 PM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah , right above the troop number the card actually ends and the top is the ui itself , so i had to make them smaller in order not to actually crop the troop. It's work in progress anyway.

DLV looks pro-made honestly , i wish i could have reached that level , they look extremely detailed. I tried making them closer but the troops always get fat from height/width being too large . I'm actually trying a new way of cropping the troops but they dont look that good so far .
    Edit: Yeah, the cards for DLV are made with advanced things like GOAT and milkshape3d etc. I tried doing that on SSHIP but the textures either dont corespond or i did something wrong, i couldnt manage to create a textured skeleton of a certain unit ( i think kostic works with GOAT to make his units). I will keep looking for better ways to improve the cards anyway.

Rus2TW looks edited in paint or something like that , as the soldiers have almost the same stance only their equipment is drawn in different locations , still looks better than what i did so far .
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; May 11, 2020 at 06:55 PM.