Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

So I modified 30 Muslim units in that time.
    This will be a first step; there is no shortage of ideas for going further!

If all goes well you can see my videos on youtube to showcase my work.

Apart from my motivations to remake "vanilla" units historically poorly adapted and often ugly, I tried to attribute to each Islamic faction different colors, although the base unit is the same (for example, we find the Ahdath militia as well among the Moors as among the Abbasids or the Turks Seldjouquides) ...
    You will see that this brings a lot to the clarity of the battles !

Hope you like my units!

The list of units currently redone:

01- Ahdath militia
    02- Ahdath militia _ug1
    03- Arab infantry
    04- Arab infantry_ug1
    05- Arab infantry_ug2
    06- Shurta militia
    07- Shurta militia_ug1
    08- Dismounted ghulam
    09- Dismounted ghulam_ug1
    10- Fari archers
    11- Fari archers_ug1
    12- Fari cavalry
    13- Fari cavalry_ug1
    14- Ghulam lancers
    15- Ghulam lancers_ug1
    16- Turcoman javelinmen
    17- Turcoman javelinmen_ug1
    18- Kurdish javelinmen
    19- Kurdish javelinmen_ug1
    20- Ahdath sword militia
    21- Ahdath sword militia_ug1
    22- Iqta'dar_ug1
    23- Daylami swordsmen
    24- Daylami swordsmen_ug1
    25- Black guard
    26- Ahdath cavalry militia
    27- Ahdath cavalry militia_ug1
    28- Tawashi cavalry
    29- Turcopole horse archers
    30- Turkish ghulam cavalry

https://youtu.be/RURdPdbEjm8

Last edited by kostic; February 28, 2021 at 06:05 AM.

Really incredible work, Kostic. I love when the Near Eastern factions get attention

A really good job mate! Now these units look really historicals!!!
    I wish to see the rest of muslim units as persian units, turkish horse archers, andalusian troops, hassassins and others... Also in a future maybe you could make "new units" for sship as a black foot guard or others historical units, sure that you go for the good way my friend!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Thank you for your positive feedback !
    Here is the continuation...

https://youtu.be/ufYbC3e1d-0

Last edited by kostic; February 28, 2021 at 06:06 AM.

Finally i can see Muslim faction got fleshed out

Kostic i have a little problem with your 0.9.6 beta, my saves games work fine but when i want to begin a new campaign, i push the botton in some faction( abbasids, byzantines, venetians...) And after I back to start menu, never i can start a new campaign...
    Only i will follow your instructions, overwrite the old data with your archives...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I am sorry. I don't understand how it can work with current campaigns but not with a new one...
    I will do more testing and get back to you.

A first lead: this may be due to the campaign_script and descr_strat files of the last version posted for developers by JOC ... they are only taken into account for a new campaign. Except, with these files, there were other associates with whom I updated the version on which I am working (version of February 15) and with which I have the opposite problem of yours: I can no longer launch my old campaigns but I can launch a new one.

The solution may be to provide you with earlier campaign_script and descr_strat files.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    A first lead: this may be due to the campaign_script and descr_strat files of the last version posted for developers by JOC ... they are only taken into account for a new campaign. Except, with these files, there were other associates with whom I updated the version on which I am working (version of February 15) and with which I have the opposite problem of yours: I can no longer launch my old campaigns but I can launch a new one.
    The solution may be to provide you with earlier campaign_script and descr_strat files.
    I also suspect that's the reason, reverting to earlier version of those two files might do it, but maybe other problem may arise. For example Jurand is reworking some building lines, I think the campaign might not start if descr_strat tries to create a building that does not exist on export_descr_buildings.

Maybe at some point we'll be able to release a 098 beta, and it will have KCC included for sure!

@j.a.luna: did you have a backup with campaign_script and descr_strat you cab use, or do you need the files?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Since I have a test version on another PC, I was able to actually correct the problem.
    Just replace the 2 files named above with an older version (test passed on my test version)

Copy this data to find suitable files: corrective data : data.rar

Ah damn ! The campaign_script file is not the correct one. He does not take into account the pape_general ...

Put this one instead: campaign_script.rar

I will redo the KCC 0.9.6 beta version to correct these problems.
    Last edited by kostic; March 05, 2021 at 09:20 AM.

Since I have a test version on another PC, I was able to actually correct the problem.
    Just replace the 2 files named above with an older version (test passed on my test version)

Copy this data to find suitable files: corrective data : data.rar

Ah damn ! The campaign_script file is not the correct one. He does not take into account the pape_general ...

Put this one instead: campaign_script.rar

I will redo the KCC 0.9.6 beta version to correct these problems.
    Are they allready integrated in the 0.9.6 Beta in the first post? I know its somehow a rethoric question because you edited the first post after this one, just to make sure. Anyway thanks for your work, your models are by far my favourite ones. I've always been a person who could spend hours by searching for good models/skins untill I'm statisfied with the look of the units and there are many fancy skins but yours are imo the best balacned (historical and good looking).

I‘ve just applied the new beta patch of yours, continued my Sicily campaign and mentioned that my Agents, as well as the ones of the Iberian factions got new models. Don’t know if this was intended or if it’s a bug, because there was no note in the changelog but it fits somehow (regarding the fact that Sicily and the Iberian peninsula were melting pots regarding culture/styles during this period.

These new units are great! I'm trying out the beta with a Abbasid campaign and I noticed a few things. First, it seems that the trade caravan sprites are no longer running on their routes. This might just be on my end but I don't believe this happened before I installed the beta. Can anyone elsenusing the beta confirm? Also, should Abbasids be able to recruit Ahdath swordsmen and calvary? I don't see them available.

Quote Originally Posted by Marus312 View Post
    These new units are great! I'm trying out the beta with a Abbasid campaign and I noticed a few things. First, it seems that the trade caravan sprites are no longer running on their routes. This might just be on my end but I don't believe this happened before I installed the beta. Can anyone elsenusing the beta confirm? Also, should Abbasids be able to recruit Ahdath swordsmen and calvary? I don't see them available.
    I can confirm the missing caravans and as addition to the mentioned model switch (sicily and iberian agents) I noticed that Pisa also has "new" agent models while Venice still uses the ones as in 0.9.5.

Hi guys ! I will answer your questions:

1 - The new agent models on the campaign map are well indicated on the first page regarding the KCC 0.9.6 beta version.
    What KCC 0.9.6 beta contains:
    - new pape battle model
    - new strat characters
    - new units for the muslims
    - some corrections

2 - My files have not touched the "sprites" of the caravans. I have no idea of ​​their disappearance and I do not know which files control them.
    I myself play a campaign with the Abbassids and I admit not having paid attention to this detail.

3 - The units are recruited with the EDB file which is not replaced with my patch.
    I don't think the campaign_script file can change this aspect, but maybe I'm wrong ?
    The one I inserted allows for a general pope on the battlefield, but I don't know all of the changes that have been made to this file. Belovèse can perhaps enlighten us ?

As the mod is constantly evolving, I don't know what will ultimately be decided on the recruitment of the Abbassid faction. Jurand of Cracow takes care of this part of SSHIP.

My bad, seems like I focused too much on the list of the muslim units

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Do you Kostic , JLMP or Jurand of Cracow have any of my Unit Cards archive in your computers by any chance? If so could you post a link here to download them ? I have remembered that maybe some of you downloaded the thing and have it in your computer (told you about my HDD ruining all my files :/ ). Anyway , i am going to post some of my cards in the next days , but would love if any of you guys had a backup of my previous stuff in your computers by chance.

Yes, I kept your file. Here it is : KCC units cards by Nemesis

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, I kept your file. Here it is : KCC units cards by Nemesis
    Damn you are a lifesaver and bought me some motivation. @Belovese you are allowed to use those until i bring new reworks if you wish to integrate them into 0.9.8. Thanks Kostic !!

Just tried out the 0.96 beta today (I haven't used 0.95 before), and I can confirm that all the trade caravans/fleets sprites are missing