Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

Nice work Kostic! They look really good especially next to the Kartvelian Spearmen

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Why not, indeed ?
    I'm not familiar with this Broken Crescent submod. If the creators agree and the characters improve the visual and historical quality then I will have to put this work on my to-do list for SSHIP.
    Yes kostic, they are historical models and also improve the current sship models( vainilla and old models), so maybe you can contact with developers(@WeekendGeneral) of this broken crescent submod for add them in your work.
    Here is the link

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...tment-and-more
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Here are finally my "caucasus hillmen" as they will be delivered soon with all AOR units.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Most have axes, and some even use a second ax instead of a shield.
    A few have rustic swords and even a typical weapon that Khevsur showed in his Georgia thread.

Woow!!! Really good job my friend!!! they look like real hillmen !!! With those skins, hats and weapons they look just as Khevsur described them

-On the other hand I would like to see in the near future your remodeled Iberian units such as the Almogavares and Andalusian troops (which would also be AOR units), as I told you when you get to this point I can offer you all the historical help you need, as well as images, although I think I've already published quite a few posts about those Iberian units.
    Very good job again friend!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Kostic

Your unit is beautiful. But I want to give you advice, please do not be angry friend. Georgian clothes and headscarves are very specific. Minor improvisation and historical accuracy will be greatly violated

It is better to have two axes and one ax-shield. Swords and knives are better not to have. No need for ornaments on clothes. I do not recommend helmets for this forest guerilla peastants. Let's give Egrisian Peasants the axes that characterize them. Their fighting style was fighting with two axes and an ax-shield. It is better not to mix together, otherwise there will be many similar units and there will be chaos. You also do not give iron beam shields for Egrisian Peasants.

Headscarves in detail.Avoid black headwear and clothing. Dark colors are better. If a warrior has a fur coat, no longer give him a piece of mantle. If he has a mantle, no longer give him a fur coat . Georgians had medium length hair and a large beard.

clothes and colors for Egrisian Warrior

axes for Egrisian Forest Guerilla Warrior

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16066440

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16036360

Last edited by Khevsur; December 02, 2021 at 04:40 PM.

Here are finally my "caucasus hillmen" as they will be delivered soon with all AOR units.

Most have axes, and some even use a second ax instead of a shield.
    A few have rustic swords and even a typical weapon that Khevsur showed in his Georgia thread.

Nice work!
    Somehow i agree with mixing the weapon (one with sword and shield, other with axe and shield, and another one uses dual axes) instead of the sword unit (Mtieli swordsmen) being a separate unit. The reason is because tight number of available units. Also, usually tribal units don't fight with huge numbers.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    Nice work!
    Somehow i agree with mixing the weapon (one with sword and shield, other with axe and shield, and another one uses dual axes) instead of the sword unit (Mtieli swordsmen) being a separate unit. The reason is because tight number of available units. Also, usually tribal units don't fight with huge numbers.
    It can not be so, everything has its rules. Mtieli- East Georgian Mountaineers - are representatives of a different combat school,Please do not mix strongest mountaineers Fencers in the history of Georgia with ordinary peasants. They were stronger fencers than aristocrats. they are not familiar with ax fighting. The Georgian army that defeated in one day Army of seljuks and Sultanate of Rumi , 1 year - defeated a small number of pagan mountaineers in revolt. They had no contact with the Egrisians , they lived in separate hight mountains and were free people, they were not peasants - sometimes they fought the king and sometimes they helped. in Egrisi there was feudalism. Western Georgian Egrisians fought differently. They knew how to fight in the woods and swamps, There were many swamps and malarias in western Georgia

Guys, I worked hard to sort the units.Please believe me. You will like the result..Please do not mix different types of warriors, otherwise there will be chaos.All units have been studied and created for a long time

Egrisian Peasant Axemans -Two axes and one ax with a shield are ideal and characteristic

I am learning 3D graphics and will help you soon

Last edited by Khevsur; December 03, 2021 at 06:40 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

When the Georgian units are remade (umbracatervae I am counting on you ) we will then be able to improve the precision and the specificities of the units. Today, I find it more pleasant to mix the skills a bit within each unit.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

What do you think about this critique about Med2 depiction of units (made by Drtad)?

I totally agree for the point being a late medieval or renaissance centric. Even if the game just started in 1066

I fully agree with his criticism of the units ! Indeed, the whole ambience of the vanilla is based on a 16th century "renaissance" aesthetic, which completely spoils the immersion, especially for the period of the Crusades. This is why it is naturally the SSHIP approach that made me want to mod again after making a first attempt with my KPS mod for PDER ...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Maybe useful for the Irish Kerns re-make, if you're planning it. It hasn't changed much until 12c., I'd guess (or it's based on what we know, which is perhaps more medieval.

The next version of SSHIP will have at least 17 AOR units, that is, recruitable by ALL factions when they are in a territory.

By making them available in this way, the player will be able to recruit these units within his cities and will have the possibility of having a personalized unit according to his faction (at least for the colors).
    In the images below you can see that my work to match the unit cards and their presentation image to the units in the game has started and will continue in the weeks to come !

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Have you seen this project? Your units are included too. Great visual style IMHO.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/a-medieval-mod

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Yes, the visual is impressive because it took over a large number of units in its own way. I don't have time to test this mod and I remain committed to the SSHIP project which motivates me for its research of historical credibility, although I do not claim to be more scholar in this area than others.

My work in progress on the Almughavars. This is the lowest armor level and these guys are fighting for Aragon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biografia-1-cast.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	296.8 KB 
ID:	366474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06b2b5ef4f32a39af261f085cb9b22f1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	366475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22b7626e6aa606b9cbcfaeb43beb3809--catalan-aragon.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	366476Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1c7cfea86fcfd4306565d79677328728.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	366477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagen-3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	323.2 KB 
ID:	366478

Yes kostic! Really awesome and with their unique weapons as "azconas" ( javelins) and "coltell" (great knife)
    Up some images about "almogavares", and you know, they were famous for their ferocity and bravery in combat, his enemies feared him when they arrived on the battlefield because they were beastly mountaineers. (add attribute of scary enemies and excellent morale).
    They were mostly used by the Crown of Aragon in the Reconquest and its expansion due to the Mediterranean, so it was very common to find them in the Levantine areas of Spain (settlements of Barcelona, Zaragoza, Valencia) but they were also used as mercenaries by the Castilians and Portuguese. , in addition to being hired as mercenaries by the Byzantine Empire to fight against the Turks.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I finally arrive at a final version of the Almughavars with their 3 levels of protection. @j.a.luna: Do you think putting some "agarda" shields and some "oriental" scarves on them is relevant? The final version will also see textures for rebels, Leon/Castille and Portugal.

First level Almughavars

Second level Almughavars

third level Almughavars

yes kostic, really impressive!++rep!
    As for the oriental turbans or scarves I would say NO, they were rude Christian mountaineers and the truth is that I have not seen any image of them with a turban, they almost always wore fur clothes, so I would say that it would be better to add hats felt/fur or leather helmets for the first level of armor instead of the oriental turbans...

And with regard to the Adarga shields, it is possible that they used it as its use was widespread throughout the Iberian Peninsula for both Christians and Muslims, they wore light equipment so adarga shields or small round shields ("rodelas") would be fine together his main weapon the "azcones" (javelins) and his characteristic secondary weapon "coltell" (large knife).

For the rest I see it great represented in your work!
    For the stats and skills you have to take into account that they had great resistance to fatigue, they were very ferocious and their enemies feared them and that they were very loyal to their commanders or leaders (as long as they were paid).
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Ok. I'll take off the turbans but keep the agardas. Maybe add a leather helmet...

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

kostic

You refine and become a cool graphic designer