Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

looking good Kostic keep it up! Really like the variation of the pilgrims looking forward to trying out the new version when its ready.
    Last edited by Curt2013; July 05, 2022 at 11:39 PM.

Super awesome work, Kostic!
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Some images related to my contribution for SSHIP 098
    The version is still in beta mode.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Saxon huscarls

Se bodyguard with some new units cards

Levy crossbowmen now different from crossbow militia. The last unit have one more upgrade.

My mailed knights for early XIIe

No more kite shield for axe militia. Some mace with axe...

I rework pilgrims. South pilgrims have different color.

Axe mailed foot knights with more details
    Just awesome work! Where could I get these models to play?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    With the new canals and polders improvements in the Netherlands areas by @Jurand, it has reminded me that a Flemish AOR unit could be added to the game along with the current Flemish pikeman mercenaries.
    Some time ago I proposed such a unit called "Flemish militia" or "Goedendag militia" for the 3 Flemish settlements in the game (Gand, Loven and Utrecht), it would be a unique militia of this "mini-faction" since the Flemish or Dutch had a strong independent character and fighting style.
    As you know this weapon became famous in the Battle of Courtrai against the French. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batalla_de_Courtrai

"According to the Dutch, the goedendag was an "improvised" weapon developed for the Flemish levy that emerged around the 13th century in response to the lack of "serious" military equipment for the infantry troops of the Army of Flanders who fought against the occupation by the Dutch. of France and in favor of its subsequent independence. According to this source, a goedendag was nothing more than a heavy club with a sharp spike and long as a spear, whose solid iron weapon head (moharra) was inserted several centimeters into the wood of the club to gain more weight when hitting."

they could be recruited at the beginning of the 13th century in these 3 city settlements as an AOR unit in the militia barracks, they would not be very expensive (militia) and would be effective against cavalry, later these Flemish militias could be replaced by Flemish pikemen. Thus we would have a characteristic unit of these areas and we would not have to wait long in the game to see them.

As a little tip for our unit creator Kostic, you could take the Italian "Marinae" as a reference and substitute their staffs for the goedendag to create another NEW UNIT if there are enough slots.
    Here I also leave you images of its armament and uniformity to make its creation easier.
    As a curiosity to tell you that in other strategy games like the famous Age of Empires 2 Definitive edition this weapon appears in a unique unit of the Burgundians called "flemish militia".

Ei kostic how are you??How is your work going in terms of units models? Finally, is possible that you make new units as Goedendag militia for flemish (AOR) and another hanseatic unit, besides the crossbowmen, as spearmen/pikeman or halberdiers for rich cities... Other question is another thing that you You commented long ago about the swabian swordmen and perhaps also about the Scottish chieftain clansmen that has a 2-handed Claymore sword, anachronistic for the 12th-13th century, I think you said to give him other weapons, such as a sword and shield or 2-handed ax ...though regarding the Scots I think when you have time you could tweak their units and make them more historically accurate, not as old vanilla Braveheart movie style....

-On the other hand, comment that thanks for your work on the AOR units, this makes the mod very historic! Although as I mentioned in previous posts you could add the welsh spearmen and welsh longbowmen in the settlement of Wales as AOR unit, when a faction conquers this area they will have access to the dreaded Welsh longbowmen!! (in 1132 these weapons were already used in the Welsh regions)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Ei kostic how are you??How is your work going in terms of units models? Finally, is possible that you make new units as Goedendag militia for flemish (AOR) and another hanseatic unit, besides the crossbowmen, as spearmen/pikeman or halberdiers for rich cities... Other question is another thing that you You commented long ago about the swabian swordmen and perhaps also about the Scottish chieftain clansmen that has a 2-handed Claymore sword, anachronistic for the 12th-13th century, I think you said to give him other weapons, such as a sword and shield or 2-handed ax ...though regarding the Scots I think when you have time you could tweak their units and make them more historically accurate, not as old vanilla Braveheart movie style....

-On the other hand, comment that thanks for your work on the AOR units, this makes the mod very historic! Although as I mentioned in previous posts you could add the welsh spearmen and welsh longbowmen in the settlement of Wales as AOR unit, when a faction conquers this area they will have access to the dreaded Welsh longbowmen!! (in 1132 these weapons were already used in the Welsh regions)
    ei kostic as your work in terms of units? any plans in the near future? Observing the Slavic factions such as Russians, Poles and even the Cumans I saw that they still have the spear militia of the old vanilla model, also the Cumans have a unit model for generals and portraits that are not very Asian / steppe, they are rather more European ... any plans to modify them in the future?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I just finished the AOR "scouts" unit with its upgrade. Here are some previews:

I just finished the AOR "scouts" unit with its upgrade. Here are some previews:

perfect kostic!.
    I really like to see the unique and cultural differences in your unit models, that their equipment and dress styles are different, for example difference between Russians, Scandinavians, French, Welsh, Iberians, Hungarians, Germans to see their unique touch in the game .
    -By the way, one thing that I think you would have to modify in the Russian steppes is to be able to recruit Slavic mercenaries or eastern spearmen instead of mercenary spearmen that have a more Western European touch... I also think it would be good to add more Slavic troops like Slav Levies /slav spearmen instead of the typical spear militia that the old vanilla model has right now, like the Poles and Hungarians... In addition, I would add in some way to the Russians the steppe auxiliary troops like Cumans or the famous "black capes" "cherniki kobluki" "In the Russian and mercenary roster, and I would remove the Pechenegs, who by that time I think had already been dissolved, more in favor of other steppe tribes such as Cumans, Alanos, Tatars or Kazakhs.
    As always great work on the mod with your historic units, looking forward to seeing more news!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I continue my work on AOR units. Today the Syrian auxiliaries. Notice the different colors for each faction as well as different shields for Christian and Muslim factions (here Venice vs Abbasid) :

Daylami become AOR unit. Here daylami for Abbasid :

Daylami have swords and spears

Here Daylami_ug1

As always really good stuff my friend!Even if they have spears, the attack will be as if everyone had a sword, right?

what more AOR units do you have in mind to do? from a specific region? As a proposal and as I told you, I think you could do it quickly in the game regarding Iberia:
    - AOR almoghavars and also mercenaries in almost all of Iberia...
    -javelinmen and lusitanian javelinme merge them and create only one unit maybe called Iberian javalinmen, +1 free slot
    - Levy javalinmen renamed "Peones" as a basic infantry of iberian factions (mainly castilians and aragoneses) , with little ammunition of javelins, axes and knifes and adarga/ round shields, little armor as gambeson, they were mainly low class and peasants with scarce training.
    In fact the word "Pawn or Peón" in Spanish is the basic pieces of chess or basic worker.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

@j.a.luna: I generally like your ideas and I'm likely to make other AOR units later.
    In fact, I myself have a list of units that I want to improve. On the other hand, I try to work in priority on the requests of @Jurand because it is he who takes care of the recruitment via the EDB file.
    As I said before, rebuilding units is a work of patience that requires finding free time each week. I do what I can.

@j.a.luna: I generally like your ideas and I'm likely to make other AOR units later.
    In fact, I myself have a list of units that I want to improve. On the other hand, I try to work in priority on the requests of @Jurand because it is he who takes care of the recruitment via the EDB file.
    As I said before, rebuilding units is a work of patience that requires finding free time each week. I do what I can.
    Of course my friend! my proposals are for when you (the modders) can and want to do them, they are not demands at all and you know it my friend.
    I really like your historical units and also the new Jurand buildings!
    +++Rep for your hard work my french friend!
    Last edited by j.a.luna; November 27, 2022 at 04:58 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

For the January release; some images of the Norman knights reworked

Really great Kostic!, now these Norman knights look pretty historical with their italo-norman helmet!!!

I write you here in your minimod to give you suggestions for future releases, about possible AOR/mercenaries , representing numerous mini factions or different towns within other factions or territories :

-1.GOEDENDAG MILITIA OR FLEMISH MILITIA/ FLEMISH PIKEMEN--- I wrote a while ago about this "dutch" unit, armed with the original "goedendag", a unique weapon in sship mod, they could be an AOR unit in the flemish regions from the s. XIII onwards, later preceded by the famous Flemish Pikemen, who could also be AOR unit and also mercenaries.

-2. MARINAE OR "FANTI DI MAR"---The current "marinae" in the game could have a rework and transform them into "marine infantry" and become a unit from Venice, Pisa and maybe Sicily, Papal states and Jerusalem... you could remove the sticks or staffs and equip them of swords/axes with small shields and perhaps crossbows like Italian assault infantry.They could be recruited in the Italian military ports and the regional building "Italian trade quarters", thus they would serve as support for the factions that had Italian neighborhoods in their cities such as the Byzantines for example.

-3.WELSH SPEARMEN AND WELSH LONGBOWMEN---recruitable as AOR units in Wales and surroundings, also as I said before welsh longbowmen should be recruitable early game (historically correct)

-4.BASQUE ARCHERS OR HISTORICAL BASQUE UNIT---It would be an AOR unit in the Pamplona region and surroundings, I don't know if they should be archers or maybe another type of unit like mountaineers or in other mods like Navarrese infantry.

-5.IRISH KERNS--- AOR unit in Ireland and maybe North Scotland,need a rework as light infantry armed with swords/daggers, light leather armor and javelins with small shields

-6.ANDALUSIAN TROOPS (SPEARMEN, ARCHER O CROSSBOWMEN AND JINETES)---In other posts I have commented something about the Andalusian troops, they would be AOR throughout Andalusia and perhaps also mercenaries, the "JINETES" should be an AOR unit throughout Iberia. Andalusian units should be as Armenian units (3-4 regional units)

-7.BULGARIAN UNITS---Wallachian and Bulgarian troops should be AOR units in these regions, the Bulgarians (in addition to the current unit of Bulgarian mercenaries), the Bulgarians could have some light cavalry and infantry units as AOR units.

-8.SCOTTISH UNITS--- Some Scottish units could be AOR units in the Scottish regions like the "clansmen", Scots pikemen to represent this town even if it is conquered, it is great to see Welsh, Irish and Scottish troops for example in the English armies, just as it was historically.

-9. CENTRAL EUROPE/EASTERN UNITS---I think that Central Europe and Eastern Europe could use more AOR units, like some "Czech", Croatian or Bavarian unit... For the East it could be good to create the Mazovian cavalry widely used by Lithuanians or Poles, also counting that currently there are the swiss pikemen and swabian swordmen.

-10. ANATOLIA--- Make an Anatoliam AOR unit, similar to Broken Crescent mod, Anatolian Hillmen or something for represent the inhabitants of this region

If I come up with more possible AOR units I'll tell you my friend, for now you're doing a great job with the units for SSHIP mod!
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 13, 2023 at 05:55 PM. Reason: More AOR units
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

For the January release; some images of the Norman knights reworked

Woow really impressive work my friend! I love these norman models!
    Will they be AOR units also? Or only for english and sicilians? irc dismounted norman knights only were for sicilians in old sship, i think that norman units should be for both factions.
    ( England and Sicilia)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

The Norman knights are a priori reserved for the Sicilian and English factions. The equivalent exists for the other factions with the mailed knights and dismounted mailed knights ug1

The Norman knights are a priori reserved for the Sicilian and English factions. The equivalent exists for the other factions with the mailed knights and dismounted mailed knights ug1
    Ook Kostic but do you mean also dismounted norman knight for both factions no? Irc english faction can not recruit dismounted norman knight in the campaign in old versions of sship, i dont know why... Maybe this error is already corrected...

EDIT:

I ALREADY FOUND THE "BUG" OR MAYBE IT IS INTENTIONAL BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE THAT THE ENGLISH CANNOT RECRUIT THE DISMOUNTED NORMAN KNIGHTS", IN THE 2 STAGE THEY CAN ONLY RECRUIT "NORMAN KNIGHTS" AND "DISMOUNTED FEUDAL KNIGHTS" THEN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE ABLE TO RECRUIT IN THE CAMPAIGN RECRUIT THEM AND SO ALSO IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE YOUR UNITS IN THE GAME (ONLY PLAYING BATTLE MODE)

ENGLAND landowners5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; 1st stage
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 4 0.11 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 3 0.077 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1

recruit_pool "Dismounted Norman Cavalry" 3.9 0.11 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Norman Cavalry" 2.9 0.077 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1

; 2nd stage
    recruit_pool "Norman Knights" 2.9 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Norman Knights" 4 0.077 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Norman Knights" 3 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 2.8 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 3.9 0.077 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 2.9 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

; 3rd stage
    recruit_pool "English Knights" 2.9 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "English Knights" 3.9 0.077 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
    recruit_pool "English Knights" 4 0.13 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

recruit_pool "Dismounted English Knights" 2.8 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted English Knights" 3.9 0.077 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted English Knights" 3.9 0.13 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

Last edited by j.a.luna; January 13, 2023 at 08:29 AM. Reason: ENGLISH DISMOUNTED NORMAN KNIGHT BUG
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I reworked the caballeros hidalgos:

Caballeros Hidalgos

Caballeros Hidalgos ug1

Yeah kostic!

So you have changed the model of their helmets and armor, right?
    Speaking about Iberia I wanted to suggest you some things, maybe you have time to do it before the new version is released...
    Of course this is when your priorities in the game have finished!

-IRC the Iberian factions currently in sship, they do not have Mailed knights, that is, they do not have shock cavalry, I think they should at least have access to it but to a lesser extent than the rest of the Europeans, the Castilians, Aragonese and Portuguese also used the charge cavalry lance at the ready like their French or English contemporaries...

- Rework andalusian units (andalusian spearmen has old vanilla model), the andalusian archers could transform into andalusian crossbowmen (militia), the use of the crossbow was widespread in medieval Andalusia.

- "Jinete" unit as AOR in all Iberia and also as mercenaries (this unit will be the typical Iberian unit that all factions that visit/conquer Iberia will have access to, it was the most famous used in the middle ages), also as AOR lusitanian javalinmen (portuguese regions and central Iberia), almoghavars as AOR and mercenaries (north, center and Levant coast)
    So Jinetes for all factions in Iberia and caballeros villanos/hidalgos only for iberian factions.

-Rework Santiago Knights unit models and their chapters (also make dismounted santiago knights and maybe order's sergeants)

- Rework and Recalled levy javalinmen unit , as basic iberian infantry for Castilians and Aragoneses , recalled "Peones" with little ammunition of javalins and poor armor with axes, swords, maces and little shields.

Iberian factions need a rework for more historical flavor, also their regional building "Plaza de Toros".

Maybe these suggestions are too much or you see them as too demanding for the little time you have, but as you know I just want to improve this magnificent mod and only you are capable of making it happen... feel free if you want to change the thread.
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 24, 2023 at 01:02 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome work! Many thanks!

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!