Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Question for Kostic , after you finish the georgian troops any chance you will look into Zweihander and Ritterbrudders reskin?

Also , the Chivalric Knigths for Aragon are silver-textured , if you want to fix them in the future .
    1- To tell the truth, I don't really care for the Georgian troops despite my essay above. There are still many uncertainties regarding the appearance of the units and I will take the time to reflect on them.

2- Your work is great, but it is true that it is a shame that the units do not use all the space on the card. I have not yet examined their realization because my list of remade units is not yet sufficiently stable and it is possible that I correct units which I have already remade.

3- For the Zweihanders and the Ritterbrudders, I have not yet planned a plan.

4- Currently, I am taking the time to test my improvements and their integration into the game, including the appearance of kings and crown princes on the battlefields during the campaign.
    I also do it for my pleasure. The advancement of my work will be on this condition.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    1- To tell the truth, I don't really care for the Georgian troops despite my essay above. There are still many uncertainties regarding the appearance of the units and I will take the time to reflect on them.

2- Your work is great, but it is true that it is a shame that the units do not use all the space on the card. I have not yet examined their realization because my list of remade units is not yet sufficiently stable and it is possible that I correct units which I have already remade.

3- For the Zweihanders and the Ritterbrudders, I have not yet planned a plan.

4- Currently, I am taking the time to test my improvements and their integration into the game, including the appearance of kings and crown princes on the battlefields during the campaign.
    I also do it for my pleasure. The advancement of my work will be on this condition.
    I actually wanted to ask you why you picked Georgian units out of a sudden haha.

Yes , obviously there is no rush and you should work on it when you feel it , thats how i do it with the cards. I tried doing the fancy GOAT and Milkshape thingy like in this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BmrTa_HM3c but the major problem i face are the texture blending into each other , separating them take a tremendous amount of time i don't have to spare , the guys behind DLV definetely spent some time or were experienced into what they did there.

I will keep practising with card's resolutions , but as i said , the ui border can't be seen but is actually right above the unit troop numbers so i can't make them bigger unless they get chopped off from the card itself . Also , soldiers with longer weapons are impossible to put there unless i photoshop the weapon into the animations or smth like that , they are too long for the card itself.

Also , im still a noob in this and i do it only because nobody else does it xD , and i feel like learning something. Anyway , it's safe to say i won't be releasing this anytime soon to the public until they satisfy my eyes at least , which are not currently xD.

Hi man

Thank you for your KCC

Another issue: do you still have a copy of your old mod for americas campaign that introduced 5 new factions and other stuffs?
    I know you did it because there still is the article in moddb but not the file anymore
    Can you upload it again? Could it be compatible (unpacking americas if necessary and creating bat and cfg) with the last steam version of kingdoms?

I'm sorry for the OT

Have a nice day

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

You know that you could have done it by PM
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hey it seems my PM's aren't going through (I guess my rep isn't high enough) so I'll just say things here.

First of all I really like the new look of units in battle and characters on the strategic map. You have expressed interest in my stats rework, which I think will complement your graphical upgrade quite well. If you would like it, I'm willing to run through your modified EDU and apply my balance rework to yours. That way, units will look as dangerous as they are colorful!

Thank you for your proposition. I put my EDU here as an attachment. I will test your corrected EDU with a new campaign and tell you if I appreciated the changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Epic style. I'll get to it as soon as I finish making changes to the vanilla EDU.

really nice work. any plans to touch on the byzantines? specifically the shields on the scoutatoi, the sship ones look painfully plain.

Blog Entries

While it is planned to use kostic units, ERE roster will be implemented with nikossaiz units (preview here).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Despite an epic fight, my prince Naslednik Svyatoslav simply did not succeed in conquering Kolyvan. All my men fled while he was fighting on the castle square accompanied by a druzhina unit on horseback ... only a shameful escape allowed my heir to survive.
    It was awesome!

Naslednik entered Kolyvan

He has to face terrible descendants of Vikings

But his men are fleeing!

He fights fiercely against his opponents

His standard-bearer collapses ... Naslednik must flee!

The rebels leave the enclosure to pursue my last men

No comments ...

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Inglorious basterds...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

btw, @kostic, given that it's in this thread: don't you think that at this time (1132) in this part of Europe, the horses wouldn't be covered with anything? such a cover could be in the steppes, but not here?

@Joc: You are probably right. The bodyguard units of the Russians (including Kiev) are too advanced in their current equipment beyond the covers for horses.
    I will have to do something on this side too.

concerning the siege: the problem with using militias for a siege are exactly the morale levels. These are not the perfect troops for such endeavours. Feudal guys or professionals do better job.

stat_mental 4, low, untrained

Blog Entries

True but you need to consider that not all factions can rely on such kind of units, at least, not in a large amount.
    Taking the Rus factions for instance, they only had a few good troops and a bunch of militias. If they can't use them effectively in the game, you may get the opposite effect of what you wanted to achieve
    These king of changes have to be made in relation with the faction's specificity imo.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 08, 2020 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    True but you ned to consider that not all factions can rely on such kind of units, at least, not in a large amount.
    Taking the Rus factions for instance, they only had a few good troops and a bunch of militias. If they can't use them effectively in the game, you may get the opposite effect of what you wanted to achieve
    These king of changes have to be made in relation with the faction's specificity imo.
    Yes, this is true, but most of the factions are able to get some good units if attacking - call for the vassals: recruitment of the knights costs 0 (but the upkeep does).
    This should make the player to pay more attention to the quality of the general who is leading the attack - high morale will keep even his militia fighting (see discussion in this thread).

Blog Entries

I haven't checked your files of v0.9.7 yet and can't remember the Russian units' rosters but it doesn't sound logical to me to have a western european system for the Russian factions or Georgia. Same for Lithuania. Not to mention ERE and the Muslim one. Norway and Scotland also remain as "special cases". Possibly same for Italian cities.
    So you might need to adjust some figures later on

Edit: my point is that factions relying quite a lot on levies and militias at the beginning of the game might become disadvantaged.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 08, 2020 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I haven't checked your files of v0.9.7 yet and can't remember the Russian units' rosters but it doesn't sound logical to me to have a western european system for the Russian factions or Georgia. Same for Lithuania. Not to mention ERE and the Muslim one. Norway and Scotland also remain as "special cases". Possibly same for Italian cities.
    So you might need to adjust some figures later on

Edit: my point is that factions relying quite a lot on levies and militias at the beginning of the game might become disadvantaged.
    Yeah, this should be indeed adjusted. But all the factions have a possibility to build Local Council that give them additional feudal knights (whatever called). The attacking armies in 12th century consisted of those troops, not militias. Perhaps only Byzantium differed given the well developed fiscal system (ie: more professionals).

Continuation of my test of beta version 0.9.7. This time with the kingdom of France in VH / VH.
    Still very good surprises...
    I decide to take the fortress of Ghent, knowing, since my first experience with Novgorod, that the militias have low morale.

This time I send my King Louis, Prince Philippe as well as Baudoin de Montauban (noble in the service of the Prince) to carry out this enterprise.

The assault on the first enclosure was violent, the rebels fiercely defended themselves. Two militias fled following a unit of peasants. Without my three units of knights on foot, I would no doubt have lost this battle ...

The rebel faction leader attempts an exit against my king; but dies. So here I am with my soldiers who are assaulting the second enclosure ...

This time, the victory is total. Baudoin, Philippe and King Louis VI have successfully conquered Ghent!

Alas, hardly returned to Paris, where the son of Louis had remained to maintain order, my king undergoes a revolt (65% of satisfaction not corrected) and is killed by his own subjects!

Conclusion: in VH / VH, the game seems really more difficult and captivating. It is the first time that I have lost a faction leader due to a revolt. It's surprising, but really immersive ! No imbalance in sight for the moment.

Capture of Clermont:

Crusaders preparing to enter the battle

North Gate Conqueror

Fight at the door

Fight in the central square

Victory of the crossed army over the rebels of Clermont