Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

With my mod, there are no more texture problems on archers. There is sometimes a small bug concerning the crossbowmen, but of little importance.

Here is my mod for SSHIP 0.9.6. KCC 0.9.4(v1)
    It misses the screenshots and the images of the units have not yet been made, but it works very well. I will make a description on the first page as soon as I have a little time.

Hello! an error is thrown

SS 6.4(English), SSHIP 0.9.6(the mod works).
    D:\Total War MEDIEVAL II – Definitive Edition\mods\SS6.3 (the way the game)

19:05:04.558 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    19:05:04.558 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    19:05:04.558 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    19:05:04.558 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    19:05:04.558 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    19:05:04.558 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    19:05:04.558 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    19:05:04.558 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    19:05:07.332 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12453, column 120
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(abbasid)
    19:05:07.332 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12453, column 120
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(turks)
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(rum)
    19:05:07.342 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12481, column 120
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(abbasid)
    19:05:07.342 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12481, column 120
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(turks)
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(rum)
    19:05:21.829 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1117, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    19:05:21.941 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 9691, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    19:05:34.264 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Can't start a campaign... installed like explained. What did I miss?

Having the same issue as above

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

From this thread:

Loading game CTD, with Insufficient video memory error message
    Q: The game starts to load, then CTD and error log says there is 'Insufficient video memory'.

A: This is normally caused when you tell M2TW to look for an image file that doesn't exist. The this is normally due to an error in the descr_model_strat.txt. Ensure that all the image paths (eg models_strat/textures/southern_ambasador_papacy.tga) lead to an image file (.tga) and the spelling is correct.

If both are correct ensure that in every entry the .cas file has its .tga file assigned to one faction (without opening the cas file it's impossible to tell which tga file it needs). If this tga file is not listed in the 'descr_model_strat.txt' entry the mod will crash. For example any entry using the 'late_general_northern.CAS' has to have one faction assigned the 'late_general_england_strat.tga' or the mod will crash.

Below is an example. The 'mesoamerican_king.cas' requires the 'mesoamerican_king_mayans.tga'. The following will produce an 'Insufficient video memory' error because the 'mesoamerican_king_mayans.tga' has not been assigned to the 'mesoamerican_king.cas'.

Code:
    type                mesoamerican_king
      skeleton            strat_named_with_army
      scale                0.7
      indiv_range            40
      texture                aztecs, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      texture                mayans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      texture                tlaxcalans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_tlaxcalans.tga
      texture                tarascans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_tarascans.tga
      texture                slave, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      model_flexi_m            models_strat/mesoamerican_king.CAS, max
      shadow_model_flexi        models_strat/shadow_sword.CAS, max
    But this one will work because the 'mesoamerican_king_mayans.tga' has been assigned to the 'mesoamerican_king.cas'.

Code:
    type                mesoamerican_king
      skeleton            strat_named_with_army
      scale                0.7
      indiv_range            40
      texture                aztecs, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      texture                mayans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_mayans.tga
      texture                tlaxcalans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_tlaxcalans.tga
      texture                tarascans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_tarascans.tga
      texture                slave, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      model_flexi_m            models_strat/mesoamerican_king.CAS, max
      shadow_model_flexi        models_strat/shadow_sword.CAS, max
    Hope it will help. Haven't checked myself yet.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Icon4 Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes)

Sorry! I did not have time to explain the installation of this mod ... and do not install it like my previous !
    For this one, you must not delete the textures folder, you just have to copy / overwrite the files contained in the KCC 0.9.4 folder (v1) in the game's root directory (default: Medieval II Total War / .. .)

Awesome work kostic! It is a great idea add the Rusichi models for east factions!! Now they are more historical and inmersive in the game!
    Some questions about them, you add all the Rusichi models for all east factions and their strat map models and agents?( Russians,Lithuanians,Polish, Cumans,Georgians,Mongols...)
    And is possible also that you make new strat map models for campaig map for differents factions of muslims?, Also for the muslims portraits, maybe in a future...
    I can help add new historical descriptions for the units, only tell me if sship team need support for save work.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I actually added a lot of Rusichi strats models that also change spies, diplomats and merchants of several Muslim factions. Of course, this is not exhaustive. There is still a lot of work to be done in many areas. Why not try to redo the portraits of Muslim factions yourself ? Just find the files and find images to replace them (you naturally need graphics software capable of reading and modifying .tga files). If you are interested, I can explain the steps to you. It is a very long and tedious work which is not at all in my priorities for the moment.

For my own Stainless Steel 6.4 I have imported all of the incredible Islamic and Byzantine models by Dolen from the Broken Crescent Unit Model Improvement Project (UMIP). If you are interested in importing those models, I can share my edu and battlemodeldb if that would help.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; April 02, 2020 at 05:15 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

I've downloaded 9.4(v1) twice. Both times the downloads were complete, and neither time could I open the file. I have used both 7zip and an RAR Opener that I know work and got got the message "Could not open file" with both.

I'm okay now. I used 9 Zip. It worked just fine with that!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; April 02, 2020 at 08:17 AM.

I have compressed my file with WinRAR 5.71 (32-bit) latest version.

Blog Entries

Best compression rate is obtained with 7zip
    The icing on the cake: usually it's also safer than Winrar or Winzip in terms of possible errors
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    For my own Stainless Steel 6.4 I have imported all of the incredible Islamic and Byzantine models by Dolen from the Broken Crescent Unit Model Improvement Project (UMIP). If you are interested in importing those models, I can share my edu and battlemodeldb if that would help.
    Are these models suitable for all Muslim factions ? Almoravids are not present in Broken Crescent, for example.
    The units with their associated textures interest me. The current SSHIP EDU can no longer accommodate new units; the existing models will have to be replaced.
    The modeldb is useful for associating the right animation with the unit ... I know nothing about animation and I just use the animation codes already present in SSHIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    didn't wear large crosses on their chests, but small ones over their hearts. Something more like this
    To my knowledge there was no direct rule over the size of the cross, merely the placement of it.

Same goes for non order crusaders.

For example Frederick as a crusader is usually depicted with a very large cross over the front of his cloak;

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Barbarossa.jpg

The effigy of the templar Frere Gerars shows the same;

http://effigiesandbrasses.com/2420/2106/

just my 2 cents

Dolen's models are obviously not accurate for the Moors and Kwarezmians, but I used them anyway because they are so damn beautiful. I don't know how to modify animations either, and I was able to implement Dolen's models easily.

@Kilgore Trout : Could you send me the mesh, their textures and the modeldb ?

I created a king model for the leaders that I installed in battlemodel.modeldb, then modified the campaign_script file like this:
    ;========== BYZANTINE LEADER BATTLE MODELS ==============
    monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader FactionType byzantium
    change_battle_model byzantium leader byzantine_emperor
    end_monitor

monitor_event BecomesFactionHeir FactionType byzantium
    change_battle_model byzantium heir byzantine_heir
    end_monitor
    ;========== FRANCE LEADER BATTLE MODELS ==============
    monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader FactionType france
    change_battle_model france leader king_general
    end_monitor

monitor_event BecomesFactionHeir FactionType france
    change_battle_model france heir king_general
    end_monitor
    Why is it not working ?
    The game starts normally, but the kings keep the appearance of the base generals.
    Anyone know what I forgot ?
    Last edited by kostic; April 06, 2020 at 05:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Considering that you didn't get that kind of trouble when implementing the others models, it seems related to the script, something I can not help with. You definitively should ask in the Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I actually added a lot of Rusichi strats models that also change spies, diplomats and merchants of several Muslim factions. Of course, this is not exhaustive. There is still a lot of work to be done in many areas. Why not try to redo the portraits of Muslim factions yourself ? Just find the files and find images to replace them (you naturally need graphics software capable of reading and modifying .tga files). If you are interested, I can explain the steps to you. It is a very long and tedious work which is not at all in my priorities for the moment.
    Mmm for me is more difficult doing this kostic, because i dont have the correct graphic software and i dont have any experience...but if is possible i can help you in make historical description of units if you prefer...

Another issue is about your new units models( your current version is so great friend) , some units i think that will have to modify in stats due to they have differents weapons, for example the old model of swabien swordmen had two handed sword and had 8 points of attacks and also a old description, and now with your models they have normal swords and shields but same stats... Similar to the unit of canons of sacred sepulchre.

I love your crusades units as templars sergeants!

And for the prussian units a question, are they supposed to be after of the appearance of the Knights of the Teutonic Order? I say this because the prussian spearmen and archers in your last version have black crosses and they have not a style semi-barbarous or Prussian / Baltic tribe
    Last edited by j.a.luna; April 07, 2020 at 04:45 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW