Thread: Discussion on creating mud on the battlefield

Default Discussion on creating mud on the battlefield

Hey guys I just had thought. I was recreating the battle of Agincourt on MK 1212 and thought it would be sweet if there was mud on the ground (in specific areas), slowing down the knights as they crossed open ground under a shower of arrows.
    The only way I thought this could be made is using the shallow water feature which gives a debuff in charge and speed and somehow put that onto the ground, without the shallow water obviously and simulate mud.
    Would this be possible?
    Any ideas or thoughts

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Discussion on creating mud on the battlefield

oh Great , i am working on the same project, i have a battle map of Agincourt(only needs a few adjusments:forest to be denser & smaller gap at defensive english line ) ,howver. i have small time on modding to finish it at 100% quality . can we co-operate ? i need a mapper to finish the map & some cutscenes
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Doomon18's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Discussion on creating mud on the battlefield

Yea its possible you just have to paint the map using ground types instead of actual textures so that you can get the effect while still having the same texture unaffected, least that's how its suppose to work lol I never really used it much in TEd for Attila but its in the same section for painting terrain think its called influence paint or something or ground types (forgot which) but If I happen to open it up again ill run it by you but I know its in that section for a fact.