Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires collaboration?

Default Ancient Empires collaboration?

Curious if there is any collaboration between the DeI team and the Ancient Empires mod team for Attila at this point in time?

Attila has many wonderful features that unfortunately CA (SEGA) did not include in RII...at any point. (Despite releasing all kinds of frivolous ones in the DLCs they are charging us for). Thus, although DeI is by far my personal favorite mod for RII, it would really be fantastic to see its many features and content "ported" over to Attila. Even if it's just the DeI team sharing content they've already developed with them. You all seem to be quite active and I not only applaud the effort, but am immensely grateful as well. I just couldn't help myself from inquiring and even hoping that perhaps some of you do or could contribute to that mod as well.

Default Re: Ancient Empires collaboration?

Yes we have had a partnership for a few years. AE originally sort of started as a submod here. Some of their features like emergent factions are in DeI and parts of DeI are in their mod (mainly unit assets atm)

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I wish there was a mod that gives the Attila setting the DEI treatment. Fall of the Eagles seems dead though

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    I wish there was a mod that gives the Attila setting the DEI treatment. Fall of the Eagles seems dead though
    yuup

Its just a really, really small team and Ahiga is also busy helping us with Empire Divided here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes we have had a partnership for a few years. AE originally sort of started as a submod here. Some of their features like emergent factions are in DeI and parts of DeI are in their mod (mainly unit assets atm)
    It would be possible to see in the future the custom cities AE team is making for Attila in DEI?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can't edit those in Rome 2 sadly.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You can't edit those in Rome 2 sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Fall of the eagles is pretty much all we have for Atilla. I really hope it comes back to life one day.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I play Fall of the Eagles. How is it dead? Just curious...

We just haven't updated it in a long time.

Laetus

Hi folks,

has anybody thought about porting DEI to Attila? I guess so, in my opinion there are some advantages if you would do so:

1. Attila-Engine is more performant then it´s counterpart in R2
    2. Family-tree
    3. more detailled campaign-map
    4. etc. etc.

I´m sure this would be a quite complex project, and a fundamental strategic decision that needs to be thought out well. But i see a lot of synergie-effects.
    I guess I'm not the first one with this idea, i can not assess the complexity.
    But in my opinion it would make sense.

Just my thoughts.
    Kind regards

that's y we have ancient empires

well....almost

I think the campaign map is worse for this time period in Attila, the battle engine is worse, Rome 2 has better performance and optimization, and the Rome 2 setting and aesthetic fits better for the ancient period. But I am biased. In my opinion there is a reason Rome 2 is still one of the most played games.

Attila works for its time period and survival tone but I think Rome 2 fits our time period better. Other than the family tree missing, which I would like to see for some factions.

Like I said, I am biased though. I am sure plenty of people feel differently and I understand that.
    Last edited by Dresden; March 09, 2018 at 03:18 AM.

Dresden, I am a tester for AE and so more or less have information about its development. Part of this information is how they really, really would like a scripter or two. Currently we are testing changes they are doing without having a scripter to back them up and implement key features they would like added, so some of these features are more or less completely put on hold, like the population system for example. Could you possibly know a free scripter that can participate? If so, the team and I would be really grateful if he could help UMC and the guys. Thanks!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Ι hate Attila's optimization. It's maybe 10 times worse than Rome's 2.
    Many issues with battle maps,lighting,drops etc

I hate that part too about the optimization. But AE's design is so fresh and really promising. I would love the mod to have no shortcomings in development in order for it to live up to its full potential, which is in my opinion really big.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blank97 View Post
    I hate that part too about the optimization. But AE's design is so fresh and really promising. I would love the mod to have no shortcomings in development in order for it to live up to its full potential, which is in my opinion really big.
    I'm very much wiling to play it, as I'm sure it's a quality work indeed.

which is why having a scripter would be nice - to make it better and more easily meet and surpass expectations

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm surprised by the fact they added arrange marriage from Attila into RII.

Something tells me a family tree is coming soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast