OK so I'm beyond confused and let me explain why. As the title states, I load a fresh install of R2 and regardless of faction, my game crashes immediately to desktop upon hitting End Turn. No log filed. I have the exact same PC that I originally put 300 hours into R2 back during release.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, verified the game cache, deleted every folder possible regarding R2, installed it to a completely separate directory, removed all mods. I can actually play online and custom battles but for whatever reason, cannot do anything regarding campaign because it CTDs as soon as the End Turn button is pressed. I did a lot of modding back in the day for R2, so possibly there is some plague remnants of old mods still interfering with my game but I have no idea where they would have gone or where these files are to remove, which the crash seems more along the lines of since its so fast and abrupt and only occurs in the End Turn phase. Then again why would the campaign load up initially?

I'm at a loss and CA official forums are of no help. Anyone else got any ideas....