Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civil war

Default Civil war

After a lot of half playthroughs where I dont reach the end because getting bored I finally had my favorite civ (carthage) further then Ive ever been.
    Been getting some warning about a possible civ war so prepared for it a little by positioning my armies close to home.

Then it breaks loose and what happens...
    I lose half my cities or maybe even more than half. Including the one I had JUST conquered with my best forces.
    I lose those exact best forces, siege and elites. My defensive armies all turn on me so my home cities are left undefended.
    And my 1st army which was the only army a little further away is the ONLY one I keep.

What the actually fk????
    How the hell am I supposed to be able to get out of this? Its freaking impossible.
    This is just game breaking, how can this have been intended??

Also I have no idea if DeI changed the civil war system or not so if Im to blame DeI or vanilla. But anyway is there ANYONE who actually appreciates this system?
    I just have to start over again, which I wont because this just seriously demotivated me. Its no use to play if at any moment I can lose more than half of everything I have in an instant.

Am I missing something or is this just broken?

Default Re: Civil war

Well this is more of a preventitive measure, but if you go to the global map, you can use a filter to see which of your own political factions owns which region, so you can try to either prevent a civil war or try and take over some of their territoy so it stays in your hands when a cw triggers.

Its the same as the vanilla system. You should be able to see which party has a low loyalty, what territories they own and what armies they have.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its the same as the vanilla system. You should be able to see which party has a low loyalty, what territories they own and what armies they have.
    Αctually I think we haven't change anything to CWs, right ? still many people believe we have made them more difficult.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 06, 2018 at 05:51 PM.

Ah ok I didnt know I could see that. Ill check that out.

My influence was 42% which could be less I guess but was that the main reason for the outbreak? Also I think ALL other factions rebelled and not just one. Which made me completely chanceless.
    Im thinking about looking for a mod that disables it, although it was more manageable Id see it as a challenge. But this is just too much..

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It is manageable and rather easy but you simply allowed it to happen by not working on your politics. For example your best armies should be lead by people from your party if you want them not to rebel and to increase influence of your house.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Skyce View Post
    After a lot of half playthroughs where I dont reach the end because getting bored I finally had my favorite civ (carthage) further then Ive ever been.
    Been getting some warning about a possible civ war so prepared for it a little by positioning my armies close to home.

I lose half my cities or maybe even more than half. Including the one I had JUST conquered with my best forces.
    I lose those exact best forces, siege and elites. My defensive armies all turn on me so my home cities are left undefended.
    And my 1st army which was the only army a little further away is the ONLY one I keep.

What the actually fk????
    How the hell am I supposed to be able to get out of this? Its freaking impossible.

Also I have no idea if DeI changed the civil war system or not so if Im to blame DeI or vanilla. But anyway is there ANYONE who actually appreciates this system?
    I just have to start over again, which I wont because this just seriously demotivated me. Its no use to play if at any moment I can lose more than half of everything I have in an instant.

Hi,
    First of all welcome to the forums.
    Second of all, you just failed because you don't know how the Civil War and new Politic overhaul (made by CA not by us) works. Civil Wars are easily avoided if you pay attention to parameters like Loyalty. The more loyalty a party has towards you, the less they will break and so no CW will happen ever.

So how to increase loyalty? well winning battles with those other party generals is a good start, next you can check if they have (or maybe it interest you) an statemen and you do one of those 3 Statemen jobs.
    Furthermore, you can promote the generals and most importantly you can check what are their requirements: each political party will have 3=2 from the party itself(never changes)+1 from it's leader.

Civil Wars does not trigger anymore (thanksfully) by spawning 20238947 armies/fleets around your capital, wich was certainly a broken mechanic. Parties with the lowest loyalty will break appart (seccesion) or more than 1 can do it while others will stay by your side (civil war). So you should always keep an eye on the Global map (what @Dardo21 explained above) to be ready just in case.

Honestly, if someone triggers a civil war non intentionally, it means that person have done things pretty bad.

An advise: I know you feel frustrated due to all your loses in your campaign, but trust me raging without getting to know the mechanics before playing is a noob move. Next time come to the forums before it's too late.
    We will gladly help you always

I see.
    I guess I should try again..

I understand the retaining the best armies point, but getting all the influence from the battles doesnt that increase chance on CW because of too much influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Hi,
    First of all welcome to the forums.
    Second of all, you just failed because you don't know how the Civil War and new Politic overhaul (made by CA not by us) works. Civil Wars are easily avoided if you pay attention to parameters like Loyalty. The more loyalty a party has towards you, the less they will break and so no CW will happen ever.

So how to increase loyalty? well winning battles with those other party generals is a good start, next you can check if they have (or maybe it interest you) an statemen and you do one of those 3 Statemen jobs.
    Furthermore, you can promote the generals and most importantly you can check what are their requirements: each political party will have 3=2 from the party itself(never changes)+1 from it's leader.

Civil Wars does not trigger anymore (thanksfully) by spawning 20238947 armies/fleets around your capital, wich was certainly a broken mechanic. Parties with the lowest loyalty will break appart (seccesion) or more than 1 can do it while others will stay by your side (civil war). So you should always keep an eye on the Global map (what @Dardo21 explained above) to be ready just in case.

Honestly, if someone triggers a civil war non intentionally, it means that person have done things pretty bad.

An advise: I know you feel frustrated due to all your loses in your campaign, but trust me raging without getting to know the mechanics before playing is a noob move. Next time come to the forums before it's too late.
    We will gladly help you always
    Yea politics is the only part I havent been paying much attention too I admit. Thank for the info and Ill look up some more info and try again!
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 06, 2018 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Its just a new system, so if you don't manage it then it can become a problem. You can checkout some of the vanilla guides about how it works. Once you get it down, its pretty easy to avoid a civil war.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Yeah Ive found some things like secure loyalty and party traits.
    No wonder there was a civil war they hated my guts for not paying attention to their likings.

Good to know it was my own damn fault and not a bad system, thanks guys

Yeah Ive found some things like secure loyalty and party traits.
    No wonder there was a civil war they hated my guts for not paying attention to their likings.

Good to know it was my own damn fault and not a bad system, thanks guys
    @Tene explained it really good, but just in case you'll need a visual guide you could use this one.

Actually CA improved how civil wars work a huge amount with this patch. Before several things were counter intuitive but now it is fairly logical and there are places to check what the triggers are and a chance to address the issues before it heads into civil war though the larger the Empire and the more fronts you are fighting on it can become more difficult especially with the death of party leaders and successors with different traits/influence coming into power.

What the actually fk????

Sounds like a blast to claw out of! Save game?

My god. I wish my civil war was that epic! Why can't I have a civil war like that?!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can use the No civil war pack and reload a previous save game to continue the campaign without this kind of issue if you want.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nge-3-march-18

actually the civil war you mention up there was pretty awesome and i wish i was oblivious like you are now why my empire now half gone?
    but the question still remain... why didn't you catch up with the info that CA give it to you when it announce new update and come here, blame the team so they have to Explain the detail again?
    Edit: your civil war sound really awesome mine one i just like herding the sheep to prefect place to graze grass in peace
    Last edited by quachandy99; March 07, 2018 at 03:10 AM.

Patrician

One thing I didn't understand (and didn't wait to see what happens either) is if the house you destroy after a civil war will return soon or later or you'll continue the campaign without them.
    Sorry to ask, but watching a youtube tutorial is quite tedious...
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    One thing I didn't understand (and didn't wait to see what happens either) is if the house you destroy after a civil war will return soon or later or you'll continue the campaign without them.
    Sorry to ask, but watching a youtube tutorial is quite tedious...
    Thanks.
    That house will not come back again. In fact, other political parties from your own house will form new political parties. How many? I think the limit was up to 7? I think @Dresden got the answer here but anyways I haven't had anymore than 4(3+mine) in any campaign. Maybe we can increase the probability of getting more?

I don't know if there's the posibility of getting new political parties from members of the loyal parties that remained at your side during the CW cause I haven't tested that deep.

Patrician

Really? Cool.
    I'll have to check this.
    Tx T_Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    I don't know if there's the posibility of getting new political parties from members of the loyal parties that remained at your side during the CW cause I haven't tested that deep.
    I think we could add a possible reappearance feature for any extinguished party. But I'm also not sure, so I'll need to check it with Dresden.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast