Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [CURRENT RELEASE] WTW 1.0 BETA DOWNLOAD

Default Re: [CURRENT RELEASE] WTW 1.0 BETA DOWNLOAD

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    I have seen no team acitivty since release so I guess not. I think we all who have been working on this feels just like its a huge lift of our shoulders that it is partially released. If somebody else wants to develop it further I suggest getting in touch with Hannibal for all the permissions.Glad you like the mod!
    Thats too bad the team stopped. Its a great mod! Made a few tweaks but it works great.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

A cinematic of this mod with the opening theme of Game of Thrones.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Woahh that is fantastic!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

I was asking about the movie show style units in the other topic, but now im downloading this mod to see for myself.

Great job on the release team Westeros TW!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post

A cinematic of this mod with the opening theme of Game of Thrones.
    A shame that this video doesn't even have a thousand views yet. The settlement models look great, as do the richly colored units. Clearly a lot of love was poured into this mod, but I would venture to say by the years of silence here that most people have simply forgotten that it even exists or only play later TW titles now.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

BTW, have anyone actually tried to compile a list of features of 1.0, and fix its bugs? (the original team didnt do it, as from what I gather they released this, because they werent able to finish it .. so wasnt even promoted much...)

Its really a shame that there is not such a list (and the mod is kinda forgotten), considering the mod is pretty unique honestly, it has some features that no other mod has afaik...(such as that only members of a house are able to recruit/build in their house settlement, many other scripts, AI and so on...). Imho, retrospectively, I think most people ignored the release, as the haype died after the many years of waiting (plus the release came out of nowhere with no advertisement)... Anyways, maybe some of WTW/GOT submodders should look into it... (would also help submodders to use more resources of WTW in their submods...)

Anyways, I suppose if anyone is interested, you can download a small HS patch that I made a long time ago https://www.mediafire.com/file/j4yi6..._Patch.7z/file Nothing special, though it has some little improvements..
    Features: Small adjustments to recruitment (changes to ships, removed the availibility of standard mercenaries in settlements, etc), removed some scripts, fixed some settlement recruitment scripts, enabled forts, added siege equipment and agents, added freeupkeep to all house units, stat changes to GBs, balancing to economy, armies, etc...

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

(such as that only members of a house are able to recruit/build in their house settlement
    I made this feature for my mod at 2015-16 independent from this project.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, still lot of interesting stuff in the mod, that nobody bothered to properly list ...

Anyway, the main issue with the release is that there are no scrolls in game to explain these kinds of mechanics to players, so its harder for ppl to play this...
    Last edited by Jadli; December 21, 2021 at 09:29 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

This mod is an underrated gem, by the way. I see there's at least some activity not only here but also on the ModDB page for the download, so there's that at least. Plus it seems to have been downloaded over 39,000 times (five downloads the other day just before I downloaded it), so someone is certainly playing it. The units are striking and the scenery is visually stunning, especially those custom settlements. A very immersive experience too with all the unique family members of various noble houses, some with very fitting ancillaries per their faction. I think it's neat that the two admirals of the powerful fleets belonging to the Stannis Baratheon faction are Ser Davos Seaworth and the pirate lord Salladhor San.

The game has a few CTDs here and there, but nothing too crippling in my own experience. It appears to be mostly fleshed out, but needs a bit more work on the UI and campaign information. The recruitment options are sensible, and the initially dire economic situation improves as you cautiously expand. Castle towers can be quite brutal to deal with in offensive sieges given how there is no artillery in the game aside from one obviously specialty unit: the Wildfire Trebuchet. Personally I would have just gone with English accents for all factions except the Starks, who should probably just have the Scottish one, and of course Dorne which could remain Middle Eastern. The slow annual time frame of the game means children won't really appear in a reasonable amount of time, so marriages don't seem particularly useful. Losing a family member seems like a very big deal! Unless adoption is an option, but I haven't seen that yet, or at least not in the 30 turns that I have played as the Stannis faction.

Otherwise it's a superb mod, even in beta form! Bravo to every team member involved, including Hannibal.
    A shame that this mod doesn't receive more attention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123