A simple one-unit mod with Nanban matchlock mercenaries distinct from the standard Portuguese tercos. This has been done before, but never really in a satisfactory way for me.

The model would just be the European Sailor (i.e. the Black Ship crew/cinematic Portuguese sailor)- randomly picked between the white and blue shirted ones. The battalion would use the voices of the Otomo DLC's Portuguese Tercos, as well as their marching music, and would lack flags on their back (as they aren't Japanese troops). They would also have the Tercos' sabers instead of katanas as secondary weapons, since they're European. If possible, having a unique unit portrait would also be very nice.

Balance-wise, they're between ashigaru and samurai in terms of skills and cost. They need a Nanban Trade Port and a Christian clan, but can be trained in just 1 turn from there. They would thus be nanban troops available to all Christian clans, or as the Otomo earlier available ones compared to Portuguese Tercos (since they just need a trade port and not a quarter). Below is just a basic unit data list as well as their blurb.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nanban Mercenaries
These men are matchlock-armed Portuguese sailors who have come ashore to fight for God... and the highest bidder.
Soldiers per unit: 40/80/120/160
Melee attack: 3
Melee defense: 3
Charge bonus: 3
Armor: 2
Anti-cavalry bonus: 0
Recruitment cost: 500 (SP)/550 (MP)
Recruiting time: 1 turn
Requirements: Nanban Trade Port, Christianity
Faction: Any that has the requirements above
Range: 100
Accuracy: 40
Reloading skill: 15
Ammunition: 15
Morale: 6
Abilities: Fire By Rank, Rapid Volley, can place Bamboo Walls
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's basically it- one unit, with a bit of Otomo DLC content in it. I've tried making this one myself, but Shogun 2's modding tools make my head spin and honestly I think a more "professionally" made pack would work better for integration with my other mods. (side note- an "alternate" version with all ranks fire enabled would be hugely appreciated alongside the regular mod, since I'm using all ranks fire mods on my matchlocks in some of my running campaigns).

Thanks in advance to whoever creates this!