Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominion of the North (recruitment patch)

Default Dominion of the North (recruitment patch)

Orcs grow bolder, leave their Mountains, not to raid, to conquer!
    The mines of the Dwarves are running dry, instead of drilling deeper, they want to conquer!
    Men, most greedy of all races, are becomming even more so, they want full control over Middle-Earth!
    The Elves, intelligent and peaceful, see no other way to achieve their peace, but to conquer everything themselves!
    This is Total War!
    Patch
    Recruitment patch v 1.0 (made by Joerock22 and Dragon)

Map

Victory
    Dominate northern Middle-Earth alone . Only one player will be declared as winner.
    (diplomacy and alliances are allowed to work together to eliminate other factions, but in the end, only one player can win this hotseat.)

Changes

Legolas has been moved to Ost-In-Gill
    Dain has been moved to Thorin's Halls
    Settlements where a level 1 barrack has been added: Nenuial, Lunelaith, Argond, Eryn Vorn, Ost-In-Edhil, Talsir and Ruskea Vene
    Population in Luneleath is increased to 2600, it can grow
    Kings Purse of Dwarves, HE, SE and orcs of the MM has been lowered a bit.

Factions

Dwarves: subbed by admin
    Free people of Eriador: Captainnorway
    High Elves: Potatoto
    Silvan Elves: PeaMan
    Isengard: VACANT
    Orcs of the MM: joerock22
    Orcs of Gundabad: Captain Melon

Admin: King of Dawn
    Co-Admin: Adanedhel

Rules:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Map:

• No capturing any settlements beyond the red line
    • There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however
    • If the map is not clear and you aren't sure that a certain settlement is in play or not, ask the admin

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 24 hours with notification. Admin will sub lightly. I will not skip, but I also will not spend a ton of time on your turn
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• You are not allowed to attack any human opponent on turn 1, unless that player has already played his turn. Attacking includes starting a siege. There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however.
    • No Invasions
    • You must autoresolve all battles against other players. Battles against the AI (rebels) can be fought
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed (pictures must be shown)
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces. If all forces wishing to attack are within range of the ambushing army then it may be brought out of ambush and attacked with those forces.
    • Players are not allowed to siege a settlement in order to prevent enemy units from retreating inside it.
    • No ships allowed in this HS

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 900+ men, 720+ elves or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to chanche based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by joerock22; October 20, 2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: roster update

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Dominion of the North (recruitment patch)

High Elves, Isengard, Dwarves randomize isengard of high elves
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Isengard, eriador, Orcs of MM,
    Last edited by ScotlandIsBest; March 05, 2018 at 04:25 PM. Reason: strategical decision

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Dwarves // Also you might as well merge Dale/Dwarves, there is no point in having two players as one will be wiped out in the first five turns.

I'm not going to merge them. If I can't fin a way to balance the match up, the Dwarves won't be playable

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Without Rhun around to keep the Dwarves from focusing everything on Dale, it may not be possible to balance Dale/Dwarves. Here is an idea which I don't think has ever been tried before: give the Dwarves only their western provinces, perhaps with Dain and a few units from the east. Usually we take away their western provinces, but the opposite could be done. This will stunt their growth, but their AAR gives them great long-term potential anyway. Erebor and Azanulimbar would not be conquerable. Of course, this potentially makes Dale OP in relation to the factions surrounding it...hmmm...I'll put some more thought into this.

I also suggest including a rule about not allowing people to siege a settlement to block armies from retreating inside it. I've seen this a lot lately in other games and I don't like it.

Eriador, SE, or OotMM are my preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Without Rhun around to keep the Dwarves from focusing everything on Dale, it may not be possible to balance Dale/Dwarves. Here is an idea which I don't think has ever been tried before: give the Dwarves only their western provinces, perhaps with Dain and a few units from the east. Usually we take away their western provinces, but the opposite could be done. This will stunt their growth, but their AAR gives them great long-term potential anyway. Erebor and Azanulimbar would not be conquerable. Of course, this potentially makes Dale OP in relation to the factions surrounding it...hmmm...I'll put some more thought into this.

I also suggest including a rule about not allowing people to siege a settlement to block armies from retreating inside it. I've seen this a lot lately in other games and I don't like it.

Eriador, SE, or OotMM are my preferences.
    Western Provinces only would nerf them to a point where they'd be boring to play. You'd have to give them rebel settlements. Also you need the Dwarves to contest Dale, but as well as HE/Eriador. Also High Elves should be banned from using ships, i feel that'd be completely unbalanced since nobody would be able to counter them. Like i said, if you'd like my opinion on how to solve everything but also make TA revived is to get rid of the rebel settlements.

Divide all the rebel settlements via desrc_strat to respective factions. If you wanted, you could just get rid of the Dwarves western settlements, give them to HE, then Eriador gets the rebel settlements closest which balances it out in which the Dwarves get merged with Dale thus not making them OP.

Citizen

Assigning all the rebel factions to the players would be quite a bit of descr_strat work, but if that is what the players want, I'm willing to put the time in. I imagine we could do it based on the highest culture present in each rebel settlement, with perhaps a few exceptions.

Dale please

Without the Dwarven western provinces, Dale would be too OP I think.
    Reducing the amount of starting units in Azanulimbar may fix the problem? Dwarves won't be able crush Dale on turn 5?

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    High Elves should be banned from using ships, i feel that'd be completely unbalanced since nobody would be able to counter them
    These are 2 good rules. The first one for all hotseats, the second one for this HS.
    If you are against one of these rules, let me know, otherwise, I will implement these rules

If the majority of the players agrees with deviding all settlements, I'm willing to try it. It may resolve the Dwarven-Dale problem in this hotseat. Dale will have 2-3 more starting settlements.
    But I'm not sure what to do with settlements like Lond Daer, Framsburg, and Wrakyaburg. Maybe some exceptions.

I would like to keep the high elves rules mainly because I am pretty sure other factions can recruit ships once they have a sea settlement such as isegnard, eriador can also if they go for north tharbad and we could allow this if put factions like eriador or isengard with a starting port.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    I would like to keep the high elves rules mainly because I am pretty sure other factions can recruit ships once they have a sea settlement such as isegnard, eriador can also if they go for north tharbad and we could allow this if put factions like eriador or isengard with a starting port.
    They can't. Only Gondor, Harad and HE can recruit ships.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

I'll take any factions, if there are still a spot open.

With Captainnorway, 6 of the 8 positions are filled

If all the spots are filled there will be a voting whether we are going to devide all the settlements or not.
    I think this is a decent proposition:
    Extra settlements:
    High Elves: Allimir, Eryn Vorn, Hoarwell, Ost-in-Edhil
    Silvan Elves: Limlight Fort, Beorn's Halls, Eryn Dolen, Ost-In-Gill, Emyn-nu-Fûin
    Eriador: Athilin, Amon Sul, Barrow-Downs, Argond
    Dwarves: Wormcove, Lunelaith, Nenuial
    Dale: Araw, Dorwinion
    Isengard, Talsir, Fangron, North and South Tharbad
    Orcs of the MM: Coldfells, Framsburg, Wrakyaburg
    Orcs of Gundabad: Pitkaranta, Ruskea Vene
    Remain rebel: Lond Daer, Lond Angren, Amon Gastal, Rhosgobel

Citizen

I'm just going to say one thing. Whatever we decide to do, if it differs from the vanilla setup, it's going to be an experiment. There isn't anything wrong with trying something new, as long as people don't expect it to be perfectly balanced. We can do our best, but it's not easy to eyeball game balance.

Whatever the other players want to do is fine with me.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

I think it would be interesting to divide all the settlements, I'm in favor

In favor, that being said i still strongly support just getting rid of Dale.

Im in Favor as well but I think settlements such as both tharbads and other determiend settlements like that should remain rebel for diplomacy.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm tempted to join this, though I never was a big fan of the northern campgains. But speaking of the Dale-Dwarves dilemma, I think one has to go... You can be sure that if Gimli plays the Dwarves, he will attack Dale from turn 1, and why wouldn't he. The player that wins that war will clean house from there. Even if you somehow balance that matchup, it will be such a snore fest with 1 Dale stack constantly at Dale/vincinity, 1 Dwarvish stack constantly at Erebor. I personally wouldn't find that too appealing. On the other hand, if you remove Dale, who is going to stop the Dwarves from going on a rampage.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast