Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WTW 1.0 (Beta) Bug Reports

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: WTW 1.0 (Beta) Bug Reports

yeah, both the aging and titles are known bugs. something i unfortunately cant really fix atm, since scripting isnt my strong suit...or suit at all.

I remember playing full campaigns of this mod and it being a lot more stable than it is now. Constant CTD even from selecting castles.

The conquered provinces always appear to me as "core (my house)" from the turn I take them.

Not really a bug, but the northmen with the German accents? Lol. Is there a quick way i can remedy this just for me? Thanks.

Not sure what the problem is but the mod doesn't want to start.

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Everytime i enter a battle against Tywin or Jamie Lannister and manage to kill them it crashes, doesnt happen with other westerlands generals. Thought maybe its because i killed both in 1 battle but have since tested it with individual battles against just one or the other and always crash. Otherwise its been pretty stable.

MrTheGrimex's Avatar Foederatus

Good Mod, but i constantly get CTD's, either entering battles or leaving a battle. Most say Fatal Graphic error, which suggest to lower the settings but if i do that, i just get normal CTD's after entering or leaving battles.

Any suggestions?

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by MrTheGrimex View Post
    Good Mod, but i constantly get CTD's, either entering battles or leaving a battle. Most say Fatal Graphic error, which suggest to lower the settings but if i do that, i just get normal CTD's after entering or leaving battles.

Any suggestions?
    This might help with some of the crashes, the battles I played after patching my mtw2 to 4gb went without problems and there was no fatal graphic error crash though I only played a couple of siege/land battles in the campaign, not enough to say it fixed the problem.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/4700/...5212057766061/

That seemed to make it work.

Cheers mate.

That seemed to make it work.

Cheers mate.
    Good stuff!

Just wondering is there a way to fix the rapid ageing?
    Or is that just a bug yet to be fixed in this build of the mod?

Just wondering is there a way to fix the rapid ageing?
    Or is that just a bug yet to be fixed in this build of the mod?
    In my version the ageing is 10tpy though Its a modded version I've been working on and may have replaced the ageing scriptnwith the one from GOT 4.9

I'm not at my pc so I can't post the file but if you want to try it yourself here's what.you must do..

1. Open the campaign_script found.in data/world/map/base/campaign/imperial_campaign.

2. Search for keyword 'ageing' in the txt and it'll take you to the start of the script related to ageing.

3. Repeat those steps but for the game of thrones enchanced mod and copy and paste the script from that mod in the WTW 'campaign_script' replacing the old one.

That should change the mod to 10tpy, I downloaded WTW from the moddb. I'm 99% sure it was 10 turns per year before I touched the files.

hereami321's Avatar Laetus

Playing as Stannis, I've killed almost every single Renly Lord and ofc Renly himself, but I have not acquired his territories. Events seem to not fire at all.

WarbornUK's Avatar Tiro

First of all, congrats on the release. Really chuffed this has come out.

However I'm having a few issues, mainly, there's a lot of CTDs, and I mean a lot. I've used Large Address Aware before and that's on, the mod is in the right place. Etc. Still happens all the time when the mod is loading, after campaign games, if I press the wrong key by mistake in the campaign screen, etc. EDIT: I did have an issue with the $ key on this weird keyboard causing it, but that seems to have gone away with changing the .cfg file.

2nd issue is that when I created the "second" medieval.exe with the kingdoms.exe label, it doesn't start the mod. At all. I have to use the file that was included in the mod labelled "Westeros Total War" and not the application file. I'm not sure that this is as intended, seeing as Gigantus' tutorial is linked. It's also very possible I've done something wrong.

3rd and finally is in the campaign mode as Dorne, I can't seem to find my victory conditions even when pressing F5 and F6, and it appears some files might be missing? Another example of this is the pics of unique units in the campaign menu are replaced with the vanilla units for the factions you built them on, which again, I'm not sure if it is supposed to be that way, so if it is, I apologise.

Overall though, I'd like to reiterate just how pleased with this mod I am, and I'm really glad you guys got it released in the end. I've been following since I was at college and it's really gratifying to see that you guys got it out despite the challenges you've faced. Well done.
    Last edited by WarbornUK; March 21, 2019 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Typo and changing repetitive language/final spiel/bug report, solved the window issue by editting .cfg file. $ key CTD solved

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Lemphibar View Post
    Everytime i enter a battle against Tywin or Jamie Lannister and manage to kill them it crashes, doesnt happen with other westerlands generals. Thought maybe its because i killed both in 1 battle but have since tested it with individual battles against just one or the other and always crash. Otherwise its been pretty stable.
    This happens to me too.
    "Huh?"

If anybody is having problems with the flooding disaster taking out your army - I've had success going to SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\WTW\data\world\maps\base and in descr_disasters.txt changing it to false and deleting the points:
    event floodfrequency 1
    winter false
    summer false
    ;warning true
    min_scale 2
    max_scale 5

not sure if this example is formatted correctly, but you get the gist. I also falsed the storm at sea for good measure. I've only done limited testing, but it seems to have gotten the job done.

So I'm still confused ... Did this fix the ageing after turn 50 reverting to 1 year per turn?

Hello, I have a problem. I can't play battles in your beautiful mod for whatever reason, as soon as he loads the battle card a CTD comes up with the message: MEDIEVAL 2 HAS ENCOUNTERED AN UNSPECIFIED ERROR AND WILL NOW CLOSE

Why is that? All other mods ( DBM, SS titanium SS SHIP, EB 2, Imperium romanum, Rule Britannia ect ) run without problems and without crashes. The problem comes only with Westeros TW 1.0 I have Win 7 64 bit, a GTX 670 I 5 Intel 3570 mhz as well as 16 GB DDR 3. It won't be because of the system, if everything else runs. In the appendix the log file of the mod folder

Can anyone help me?

WTW.system.log.txt.7z

WTW.system.log.txt.7z

Okay, I just created this log file. I started a campaign with the martells, directly marched on Highgarden, started siege and now again a CTD, when the siege battle should start.......

Plaese Help....

Hey guys, If anybody could help me, I have the mod on a Mac with steam, and the game crashes (361 fatal error) just after the presentation screen. I already have successfully installed and played Italian was and third age mods, with no issues. I did the same thing for WTW but keep getting the same error. Anyone can help? Thank you guys! Awesome work with the mod!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast