Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WTW 1.0 (Beta) Bug Reports

Default Re: WTW 1.0 (Beta) Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Perhaps because all rivers are not navigable? You may sail The Mander up to Highgarden but other then that rivers are not ment to be sailed in Westeros.
    I can not swim along the river to Moat Cailin, for example.
    This can be, when in this place of the navigable river for army there is a passage. Well maybe yet, if the river is too narrow.)

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The rivers were made to be navigable but only by certain ships.
    Similar to how Carracks in ME2 could sail to america.

This is to allow the Greyjoys their raider capabilities however they cant disembark everywhere they want for balance reasons.
    If the ships dont work right either you dont have the right ships or there is coding issue.

Or someone messed with the map. *shrug*
    How was this ment to be coded? A certain unit atribute? If you say so I guess its just a matter of simple EDU edits.

I was under the inpression that The rivers (most) are to narrow.. also in the riverlands settlements would block crossings?
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Seki's Avatar Laetus

While on the topic of not accessible terrain, are you aware that the isn't a land route to Flint's Finger? And, that the crossing (green arrow) south of Barrowton doesn't serve anything?

When I launched the mod all I got was a small screen rather than the full screen like it was supposed to do. Can anyone help this novice out to make the game fit the screen?

FYI, it looks incredible.

MrTheGrimex's Avatar Foederatus

Love the Beta

My game seems to crash after every battle I do in campaign, I Always get the same message about My graphics settings are too high try lowering them, but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

How was this ment to be coded? A certain unit atribute? If you say so I guess its just a matter of simple EDU edits.

I was under the inpression that The rivers (most) are to narrow.. also in the riverlands settlements would block crossings?
    It has to be some kind of attribute.
    I recall that when making the larger rivers I made them with level 2 sea meanwhile level 3 sea keeps most naval units close to the coastline.

I use these terms loosely btw, I don't recall anything from M2TW modding anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    It has to be some kind of attribute.
    I recall that when making the larger rivers I made them with level 2 sea meanwhile level 3 sea keeps most naval units close to the coastline.

I use these terms loosely btw, I don't recall anything from M2TW modding anymore.
    So my autism kicked in and I had to know the answer to this..

Attribute is called "ocean_going" and is set in descr_ships which is not included in our modfolder. Also it appears you did not make the rivers have "deep_ocean" RGB value in map_ground_types.tga they are just regular coast which means they are to narrow. I believe they need to be at least 2 pixels wide, at least that was the case when I made my Essos map way back when.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Descr_Ship-txt

Is it just me, or are most sprites for units missing? Having bad performance because of that. Also there are texture errors with outriders and simillar units for southern factions.

So my autism kicked in and I had to know the answer to this..

Attribute is called "ocean_going" and is set in descr_ships which is not included in our modfolder. Also it appears you did not make the rivers have "deep_ocean" RGB value in map_ground_types.tga they are just regular coast which means they are to narrow. I believe they need to be at least 2 pixels wide, at least that was the case when I made my Essos map way back when.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Descr_Ship-txt
    I recall testing the rivers with regular sea RGB and they worked fine for the most part... Honestly its been so long and I don't even have the game installed on my machine anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeGuyMan View Post
    Is it just me, or are most sprites for units missing? Having bad performance because of that. Also there are texture errors with outriders and simillar units for southern factions.
    Nope its not just you, if I recall it was one of the things we never got around into doing.

Well creating sprites isn't so hard. I'll create the sprites, edit the modelDB file and upload it here in the thread. Shouldn't take more than a few days ( I've done the Starks and Baratheon brothers already).

Dear gentlemen who have created this magnificent mod.

I just finished playing as the wonderful House Tully in a very enjoyable very hard campaign. I just wanted to ask a few questions:

- At the time the mod plays out the Freys are sworn to House Tully as far as I recall(and maybe should be a part of the Tully faction) - The Starks will make a quick alliance with House Frey within the first few turns and after that you can't seem to kill those bloody Freys without breaking your alliance with The Starks. I find this a little peculiar since killing House Frey is, of course, a major objective to House Tully. Do you have any plans on changing somethings that might add to the already enjoyable experience?
    - House Stark is maybe the worst ally - since they don't border with anybody they will immediately run back to the north and stand around there leaving the poor Tullys to fend off the entire south - maybe something could be done here? :-)
    - Recruitment at a major settlement, Harrenhal, is impossible due to Lady Whent sitting in there who can't do anything. Would it be an idea to make it possible to marry her off again so you can actually use the settlement ? :-)
    - I'm having troubles getting Lord Edmure to have children. Since House Tully has such a small family tree maybe some traits could be given to both the Blackfish and Lord Edmure that they will make more children? After 100 turns even though I married them both off before turn 10 none have produced an heir which is a little sad :-).

That would be all and again a big thank you for all your time and work - it is deeply impressive and this post is merely just a few suggestions of improvements :-)

Frengers

Here are the sprites for the 1.0 Beta : http://www.mediafire.com/file/f1s85b...ta_Sprites.rar
    (Install: Just place the data folder in the root WTW folder overwriting the modelDB file.)

Notes: - I didn't create sprites for generals and/or lords as I felt they were unnecessary.
    - Horse sprites are the default ones.
    - Blackwood bowmen have a model problem ( They disappear when looking at them from certain angles ) therefore I wasn't able to create unique sprites for them so I just used the Wolfswood hunters sprite.

Besides the sprites, units that seem to lack unit cards ( Warriors sons, Poor fellows, Lysenni sellsails etc... ) crash the game. Now I didn't play much of the campaign but adding them in custom battle crashes the game so I don't really know if that error extends to the campaign. Outriders and bow levies have a texture error ( hard to describe but it's pretty obvious lol ). I'll try to fix these errors as well but I wouldn't mind if you give me some heads up since I'm pretty new to modding. If you find any issues in the sprites let me know.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Blackwood Bowmen have had a problem since I created them way back when, and I could never fix the disappearing thing when I was still working on the mod.

The levies issue is a texture assignment in the model. If anyone wants to fix it, you just need to open the model in Milkshake (after conversion), and assign the part to the correct texture. IIRC it's the 'cowl'?

The other ones you mentioned were made by HxM. Not sure why they're crashing the game, but it's probably most likely they haven't been coded in properly to the ModelDB.

Nice one on the sprites! Very kind of you.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Hey Guys,

Can't believe this has finally been released, looks great!!

One thing I notice and not sure if it's been discussed is the spear men for either faction stop their charge last second before combat.

Also this could potentially be my pc but game is really laggy in campaign.

Hey guys, looks great, congrats on the release.

I've been playing a round with a few factions and I've noticed that a lot of the events (the Frey alliance for example, Stormlords/Lords of Dragonstone swearing to Stannis/Renly after the others death etc.) aren't working. Any idea why that is? I assume they're meant to be working seeing as they're in the historic events file.

Seki's Avatar Laetus

Kingswood Hunters also have 1 as upkeep.

Civis

Joffrey's in-battle general model seems to have been switched with Janos Slynt's in-battle model

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Bugs:

1) Game starts in window
    2) In some cities it was impossible to build somethings - meaning you could literally not click/select buildings or units (funds were abundant, wasn't automanaged) - it was impossible to add things to the queue
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

I have never had a CTD and played several campaigns and battles. With the exception of exiting the campaign. It almost certainly does it then. Never really caused a problem as I was done playing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Bugs:

1) Game starts in window
    2) In some cities it was impossible to build somethings - meaning you could literally not click/select buildings or units (funds were abundant, wasn't automanaged) - it was impossible to add things to the queue
    Game is ment to in windowed while moding, you can easily change it by editing the .cfg file.

You are using the script which only enables you to recruit with Lord of a settlement present. To disable you need to do so when geting the message on turn 1.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast