Thread: Mod Starting AI Faction Personality

Default Mod Starting AI Faction Personality

I have tried to MOD the beginning personality of the Western Roman Empire. I have noticed in some games when the AI appears to be more successful they tend to have the defensive personality trait.

Using the assembly kit and going to table "start_pos_factions" I changed the faction "att_fact_werstern_roman_empire", campaign "Attila:main_attila". I added in "att_defensive_militarist_reliable" to the column "cai_starting_personality". I then used Bob to create the MOD file. I have basic mod experience and have been able to change some things, however this one is not working. When I start the game as the ERE and view the WRE in diplomacy they still display a random personality, not the one I tried to set. I also was unsure how this should be exported so I tried exporting the single file the first time, then the second time checked "export dependencies" as well. This did not work either.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I also have used pack file manager, but with the start pos files I dont know how it works.

Default Re: Mod Starting AI Faction Personality

I have found the solution. I found a guide on the assembly kit and how to change a startpos file. I was doing the export incorrectly.