Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SWO-RD : Steph's Warhammer Overhaul - Recruitment Diversity

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: SWO-RD : Steph's Warhammer Overhaul - Recruitment Diversity

1. to access ALL the units yes, with Eltharion at the moment. Maybe I'll add them later, but since the mechanism for him is quite different, I'd need more time specifically on that to be sure it works for other lords, without making Eltharion mechanism useless The other case is Imrik dragons

2. There are heradldic Silverhelm with shield (but no heraldic without shield)

3. I had spotted the missing space. Good finidnd for inverted stats.

4. For Camera settings, I have a table to change the camera, maybe it's not compatible with saving it. I don't know for the Console commands.

Chaos, Beastmen and Norsca you left for Warhammer III?
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Patrician Artifex

I'm doing races one by one.
    I did High Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Empire, Brettonia, Dwarves, Lizardmen and Vampires.

I'm working on Greenskins, then I should do Tomb Kings, Skaven, Vampire Coast, Beastmen, Norsca, Chaos (probably in that order).

I need about two-three months to do a race fully, plus the time needed to update the mod when CA release a new DLC (time to update all the tables, add the new units or factions, etc).

So depending when Warhammer III is there, I may have done all the races before. Or not.

Lizardmen testing : Sacred Incubator building costs 39150 gold, weapon crafter commune and blood shrine of sotek same cosmetic problem like helf, dwarf forge. Units are looking ok all heraldic are stronger and no missing class info

Vampire Counts testing : found none bugs on buildings units heroes or anything

5.9. Dwarfs deep testing :
    1.Belegar Ironhammer has no access to any heraldic units in his starting position of Karak Izor, not even after conquering whole province. He can recruit heraldic troops in other provincess though.
    2.Mount Greyhag, one of three Clan Helhein starting settlements has access to Karaz a Karak heraldic troops, while in Darkhold and Ash Ridge Mountains they can correctly access Helhein heraldic troops.
    3.Cant recruit heraldic miners/miners blasting charges after upgrading buildings to higher level. Reached tier 5 still only non-heraldic version
    4.No heraldic Slayers from Landmark Slayer Shrine of Karak Kadrin, normal Slayer shrine building allows them
    5. Not seeing any heraldic units in AI armies of Solland and Knights of Caledor, will check this later more deeply

I do think heraldic unit limits are not stressing, In level 2 Karak Norn I was able to recruit 18 heraldic dwarf warriors 12 of them in army defending settlement and 6 for poor Belegar.

3.10 Empire deep testing :
    1. I can recruit heraldic units as Solland Balthasar Gelt, not sure why AI in previous campaign did not
    2. Pistoliere, Kriegswagen missing troop class on Unit Card
    3. Unable to recruit non heraldic versions of Greatswords and Halberdiers when I can recruit heraldic ones (not that i want to)

Imrik Knights of Caledor testing :
    He has no access to heraldic units in his starting position but maybe intentional
    Last edited by alexej; October 03, 2020 at 07:02 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Long time without update... I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but here are some news.
    - I have finished adding the Greenskin units, and doing all the icons for them. Between the Waaagh, the generic units with faction colours, and the tribal units, and since Greenskins have many different units, and a LOT of factions, that's 2869 icons, just for the Greenskins!
    - I have also done the icons for the new factions: Lizardmen for Wardens of the Sacred Pools, and Vampire for the Lahmian Sisterhood
    - I have redone the Silverine Guards.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Generic

Generic soldiers

Generic officer guard

Generic officer

Heraldic

Heraldic soldiers

Heraldic officer guard

Heraldic officer

- I have fixed the broken Glade Guards. CA changed their torso, the wsmodels and materials are not done as before...
    Last edited by Steph; December 18, 2020 at 11:55 PM.

Patrician Artifex

And now I'll start working on the Wood Elf update, with new units and factions. Here is what I plan to do:
    - I'll keep the heraldic units for Athel Loren (with the 12 Asrai realms)
    - I'll keep the heradlic units for Laurelorn Forest.
    - I'll keep the heradlic units for Oreon's Bowmen, but I4ll make it recruitable also in Lustria. So it will be a kind of "jungle Asrai", for Southlands and Lustria
    -I will introduce new heraldic units for the Sisters, they will be recruitable in the Witchwood, and in Gaean Vale.
    - I will introduce new heraldic units with Drycha colours, recruitable in the Gryphon Wood, and Forest of Gloom,

I plan to extend a bit the outposts.
    - If the outpost is in the heartland:
    -- I'll make them upgradable to have two levels, and so possibility to have two slots, and upgradable building in these slots... The first level will have reduce effect, the second level will be as it is now, with a little extra income.
    -- It will allow recruiting a bit more basic units, such as eternal guards.
    -- It will allow recruiting heraldic version of the units, same as for the attached magical forest.
    - Outposts not in heartlands will only allow recruiting generic units, and will be limited to one level and one slot.

- Animals
    --I'm considering adding and option to recruit Giant Wolves and Hawks as regular units, for any factions (Drycha would be the only one able to do it via the special recruitment). It will however be limited to the magical forest, maybe alsoavailable in the hearthlands outposts, in small number, and the units will be a bit weaker than the units recruitable by Drycha.
    -- And maybe a special variant of lions for Southlands and Lustria forest, instead of the wolves.
    -- Spiders, Bats or Manticore will remain Drycha specific.

And finally, I will redo the graphics for the Spellsingers and Spellweavers

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Honestly, I would add some more Amber gain and some way to spend it some mechanics....but where and how...

And Ancilliaries, if possible, add some new

Rest sounds good, especially outpost in hearhlands being little better.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Patrician Artifex

Good suggestions, but I still have many races to do (Tomb Kings, Skaven, Vampirates, Norsca, Beastmen... and also Southern Realms), and before doing new mechanism or ancillaries, I want to finish all the units and recruitment for all factions.
    After this, I can work on other things:
    - Flags for all the heraldic units
    - Occupation rework
    - New "religion"

Patrician Artifex

Wild cats didn't turn out as expected, too many flaws. So they are gone. The Wolves and Hawks are done.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Your plans sound good! Having a second upgrade for heathlands would be interesting and the giant wolf and hawk units sound like a fun addition.

Patrician Artifex

Lore specific Spellweavers

Beasts, with fur, Red hairs

Dark, Purple hairs

High, Blue hair, cloudy sky textures

Life, Green hair, leaves texture

Shadow, Dark Blue hair, star night texture

Patrician Artifex

All icons and info card done for the next update. I now have to finish updating some tables and scripts

Patrician Artifex

Some update about HE building
    - Hunter has 3 levels, for city tier 1 to 3. It gives basic archers at level 1, Lions at level 2, Great Eagle and Axemen at level 3. It doesn't give the Sisters of Avelorn
    - I kept the handmaiden gallery chain for every faction. It has 3 levels, for city tier 1 to 3. It gives spear and bow sisters at level 1, spear and bow maiden at level 2, and sisters if Avelorn at level 3 (but the latest can only be recruited in Ulthuan provinces).
    Since I plan to keep the extra slots in major cities, having one more building chain is not a big deal.
    , and
    I have removed the barracks level 4, since they didn't give speficic units anymore (the generic swordmasters are in the mage tower), and the stable level 4.
    Generic dragon princes are in dragon building level 1 (so city tier 4, as the regular Dragon Princes).
    And Temple Guards (generic) + Phoenix Guards are available in worship level 2 (do city tier 4).

It means the dragon princes and phoenix guards are available a bit earlier. But don't forget they are capped, so you'd get only a few of them
    Last edited by Steph; December 29, 2020 at 04:06 AM.

Patrician Artifex

For wood elves, the fletcher building is back. It gives bonuses to ammunition for units recruited there, and is also a requirement for special ammunition units.
    The wall buildings are also back, with a different effect. They reduce the speed and morale of ennemy units, and also give a bonus to ambush chances for your own units.

Patrician Artifex

I'm not sure how to handle the Greenskins.

Some can recruit normal orcs, some can recruit savage orcs, some can recruit goblins....

It's a little complex at the moment to know for sure who can recruit what and there.

My idea would be to make all orcs units recruitable, but to play with the unit capacity.

Some regions are known for savage orcs, or are forest Goblins or Night Goblins, etc.

So region where savage orcs should be may allow recruiting regular orcs or goblins, these region will on contribute only for a small increase to regular orcs and goblins cap, but more to savage orcs.

Patrician Artifex

New building browser for the Greenskins

The savage orcs, regular orcs, and goblins have their own building chains.

This would reduce the differences between the different LL, since all of them would share this, the difference would be more with the local recruitment in region, and the capacity.

Some regions will give a bonus to forest goblins, or to savage orcs, etc. And the region will determine the colour and shield heraldry for the tribal units recruited there.

Based on this map:

Last edited by Steph; January 02, 2021 at 09:39 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Some news about the Dynamic Manpower System for Greenskins.
    Each settlement / building in any region can contribute a small amount of units. For exemple +1 capacity for Wolf Chariot / level or +2 for Wolf Rider / level, or + 1 spider / level, or + 2 Choppa Boyz.

In region marked with Orcs / Savage Orcs in the map above, you get a +1 bonus for Orc units.
    For exemple Necksnapper would get +3 choppa boyz / level, but still +2 Wolf Riders / level.

Pure Goblins tribes get +2 for Goblin units.

So Scabby Eye would have 4 wolf riders / level, but still + 2 choppa boyz. and no bonus to night goblins or forest spider (same capacity as from any other region), +1 spider / level

Night Goblins or Forest Goblins have +1 for Goblins units, and +1 for their related units;

So Creeping Death as forest goblins would get + 2 spider / level, and +3 wolf riders. And still +2 choppa boyz.

So although all units can be recruited anywhere, the limits will vary with the type of greenskins usually living in a region

Patrician Artifex

Here is the starting capacity for Wurzzag. You can see how the Bloody Hand and Teef Snatchaz are sharing the same territories in Western Badlands, and both have unit capacity from there. But they don't have the same limits, Bloody Hand being an Orc Tribe, and Teef Snatchaz a Greenskin tribe.

Patrician Artifex

Patrician Artifex

Next will be the Tomb Kings. They should be quite fast to do
    - few factions, so few icons to make
    - they can't raise dead like the vampire, so they only have one source of unit recruits
    - they have very little place where to put heraldry. Except shields for a few basic infantry units, the only real difference would be faction colour. And since there aren't that much place where to put it, I don't see the point in making real regional units, with for example units recruitable in Shifting Sands having different colours than units recruitable in Ash Rivers.

So for the Tomb Kings I'll use this approach
    - Each unit will exist in two version,
    -- the "nehekara" version (the standard units we have), recruitable in any region which is part of historical nehekara.
    -- a "generic" version, , weaker, recruitable anywhere.

Yes that means that "nehekara warriors" will have a generic warriors variants, and the "skeleton spearmen" will have a nehekara variant.

These two variants will be shared by Tomb Kings: Settra or Kathep or Rakaph dynasty will recruit the same units, with the colour of the recruiting faction, not the colours of the region where they are recruited. Same as the Vampire counts which don't have heraldry (and later, the Vampirates will be the same).

I will rework the unit caps for these units to work with a similar mechanism as the other faces in SWO-RD. Tomb Kings units will stay with 0 cost and upkeep, and still be limited in number, but this will be based on my dynamic script rather than just the buildings (to have a different cap for nehekara variant and generic variant).

And of course I'll do some new textures to differentiate the variants, and new icons and porthole images for all of them, to be consistent with the rest of the mod.