Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SWO-RD : Steph's Warhammer Overhaul - Recruitment Diversity

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: SWO-RD : Steph's Warhammer Overhaul - Recruitment Diversity

After some more thinking, here is my conclusion about how the units will work in the coming update for the HE:

Group 1, includes : Ranger, Spearmen, Pikemen, Silverine Guards, Archers, Silver Helms, Bolt Throwers
    - A weak generic version, using faction colour, can be recruited in any region, including Ulthuan
    - An heraldic version, using the colour of the provinces where they are recruited, can be recruited only in Ulthuan. They have heraldic shields when applicable.

Group 2, includes : Sea Guards, Axemen, Swordmasters, Halberdiers, Chariots, Shadow Warriors, Sisters, Phoenixes and Dragons.
    - A weak generic version, using faction colour, can be recruited in any region, including Ulthuan
    - A unique version can be recruited in any region of Ulthuan, from the generic building, but with a small cap. They can also be recruited from a landmark, and the landmark gives a larger bonus. They can't be recruited outside of Ulthuan.

For exemple:
    - "Axemen" are generic White Lion Warriors. They can be recruited from Hunters level 3 anywhere in the World.
    - White Lions warriors can also be recruited from Hunters level 3, from any region in Ulthuan. Each Hunter level 3 in Ulthuan will give +1 cap for them. Hunters outside of Ulthuan don't increase cap (but they increase cap of Axemen). The "Tor Achare landmark" will give +5 cap / level.
    Increase the settlement in the province of origin, or the landmarks, will increase the cap.

This way, you can still recruit the HE elite units such as Swordmasters or White Lions in any Ulthuan region (it's a little to tedious to have to move your army to Chrace just to get White Lions). But if you don't control the landmark in their region of origin, you'd have a very small cap. You can also increase settlements in Chrace to increase the cap of White Lions, but it will have no effect on the cap of Caledor Dragon Princes for exemple.

Here is the list of unique units like this, with the required province
    - White lions warriors: Chrace
    - Swordmasters : Saphery
    - Sisters of Avelorn : Avelorn
    - Ellyrian Reavers : Ellyrion
    - Dragon Princes: Caledor
    - Phoenix Guard: Eataine
    - Lothern Sea Guards: Eataine
    - Cothique Sea Guars: Cothique
    - Tiranoc / Ithilmar Chariots: Tiranoc
    - White lions Chariots: Chrace
    - Shadow Warriors : Nagarythe
    - Phoenixes (fire and frost): Eataine
    - Phoenix (arcane) : Saphery
    - Dragons: Caledor

Group 3, includes : Lion packs, Great Eagle
    - A normal version, using faction colour, can be recruited only in Ulthuan

Group 4, includes : Unicorn Sisters, Pegasi Sisters, Griffon Riders, Maidens, Mistwalkers, Dryads/Treekin/Treeman
    - Unique units which can ony be recruited via a landmark in a specific region, and in small number
    - Griffon Riders: Chrace specific
    - Mistwalkers: Yvresse Specific (unless Eltharion)
    - Sisters/Maidens/Dryads/Treekin/Treeman : Avelorn Specific
    Last edited by Steph; May 28, 2020 at 03:08 AM.

Patrician Artifex

With latest DLC, CA changed the way unit_variants and unit_variants_colours table are working.

I spent the weak adpating SWO-RD to use this new method.

And yesterday I discovered it's "worse" than I thought, and the Bretonnia generic units are no longer working; the knights have loss their random colour and are all with the faction colour only.

I'm changing my method to introduce this back, as I think it is important for Bretonnia, but it means 2 days work, and dozens of wsmodel files to add .

Patrician Artifex

Change of plans... The solution I imagined doesn't work.

Unless CA corrects the flaws introduced by their latest change, the generic bretonnia knights will unfortunately have to share the same colour, they can't have all the random colours they had before.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Yikes
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Patrician Artifex

It's possible

1- To use the "random" shaders, like I'm doing for the heraldic bretonnian knights. But the generic knights would have to share the same one, so I could have some randomess... But then the knights would we the same if recruited by Bretonnia, Carcassone, Artois... etc. There would be a way to have the variants depending on the faction, so they would actually be different. But this would require dozens of additional files... And this would work only for the knights, not their mount. So the horse barding couldn't match the shields and coat of the knight. Not good

2- To have some random colours, and different for each faction. Like I can have Bretonnia with random colours, light blue, medium blue, dark blue, and artois light red , medium red and dark red... But then the unit card would always be the same, and not with the faction colours, contrary to what I'm doing with other races. I don't like that.

3- If I want to give each faction it's own unit card, then the random colours are ignored, the units always use the main faction colour .

So I have to stay for solution 2 until CA fix what they broke with the latest DLC. If they ever fix it... I think it's the "less worse" solution...

Patrician Artifex

I have reworked the Dynamic Manpower System, and I'd appreciate feedback about the coefficient / levels I have. Too much? Not Enough?

Dynamic Manpower System
    In SWO-RD, virtually every units from the factions I have processed are capped.
    This cap is based on the settlements and buildigns your control.
    To increase the cap, you need to capture new settlements, or upgrade buildings.

Every settlement, anywhere in the world, can contribute to the capacity of your generic units. For Heraldic only the settlements and the buildings in the same province contributes to the cap (example: Eataine spearmen capacity is increased by settlements or Barracks in Eataine province).

You will find below how the capacity are computed for each race, in tables.*
    You have the unit, the base, the settlement and then the building.
    L = minimal level
    C = Coefficient.

When you have C1 and C2, C1 is used for the generic units. C2 is used for heraldic or unique units.
    Example for Bretonnia
    - Cap for generic peasant is 2 + 2 x settlements level + 3 x farm levels (any region counts)
    - Cap for couronne peasant is 2 + 2 x settlements level + 4 x farm levels (but on for the couronne region)

- Cap for generic Questing knight is 2 + 1 x settlements level (from level 3) + 2 x stable levels (from level 3)
    - Cap for couronne Questing knight is 2 + 1 x settlements level (from level 3) + 3 x stable levels (rom level 3)

If couronne is level 4, with a stable level 4, the cap for Couronne questing knights would be 2 + 2 x 2 + 3 x 2 = 12.

Bretonnia
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Empire

C2 column is for provincial (like reikland, middenland), and also major cities (Altdorf, Nuln) heraldic units (counting only building in the regions associated to this state)

Dark Elves

C1 column is for generic, C2 for heraldic units, counting only the buildings in the regions associated to this faction
    Beside generic and heraldic units, Dark Elves as specific unit sets for Black Arks, and the cap is given directly by Black Arks "buildings"

HighElves
    The High Elves are the more complex due to their very specialized units, and province of origine

The first table is for generic base units (c1 column), and heraldic units (c2 column). For exemple generic spearmen have + 2 for every barracks level (anywhere in the map), and for Eataine spearmen is + 3 fpr very barracks level, but only for the 4 regions in Eataine province..

It also includes the generic version of special units (like axemen, or generic dragons), recruitable in any region (using only C1 column)

The second table is for specific units, which are recruitable only in Ulthuan. Only the settlements from any Ulthuan regions are counted (using the C2 column coefficient). They also have one (two in some cases) landmark column.

For exemple, Swordsmasters of Hoeth can be recruited anywhere in Ulthuan (and not only in Saphery as was the case in older version of the mod), the cap is 2 + 2 x magic building level in Ulthuan (building level outside of Ulthuan contributes to the generic swordmaster cap, but not to the Swordmasters of Hoeth cap) + 6 for every level of the landmark Tower of Hoeth (which has 5 levels).

So the best HE units still can't be recruited outside of Ulthuan, but now they are not limited to one region only. However, the cap is relatively small, unless you build their associated landmark and max its level, then they have a large cap boost.

Dwarves

C1 column is for generic, C2 for heraldic units, counting only the buildings in the regions associated to this faction

Lizardmen

Base troops (Saurus, Skink...): C1 column is for generic, C2 for heraldic units, counting only the buildings in the regions associated to this temple-city
    Monster (Stegadon, Carnosaurs...) : C1 column is for generic, C2 for lustria units, counting only the buildings in any "lizardmen" region

Vampires

They don't really have "heraldic" units, since they don't have a strong attachment to a specific region, but more to their lord (so they always keep their faction colour). There are however generic units recruitable anywhere (using column C1) and stronger units, recruitable only in traditionnal vampire area (like Sylvania, Moussillon, Marshes of Madness...), using column C2.

And vampires have a third type of units from the raise dead power. These units do not count toward the caps, they are additional free units. Thanks to this, the vampire counts can have a rather larger army.

Last edited by Steph; August 16, 2020 at 01:36 AM.

Patrician Artifex

I have released a new version of the mod, updated for W&P, and adding the Lizardmen.

And I have started working on the greenskins.

I don't plan to add new units or mechanism at the moment, I want to focus on finishing as many races as I can, to put them to the same standard as the other.

The greenskins will have 3 variants of each unit, each with slightly different stats and graphics, and more importantly capacity and recruitment
    - Waagh variant: standard strength unit, only appear automatically in a waagh (ie not recruitable directly), and they are not limited in capacity (except via the waaagh spawn rate), nor do they count in the capacity of other units
    - Generic variant : recruitable anywhere, with generic graphics
    - Tribal variant, with tribe specific colours and heraldry, recruitable only in traditional greenskins territory.

As usual, tribal units will have a capacity linked to the regions, generic vatiant a global capacity.

You can for exemple have 5 orc boyz from broken axe tribe, and 6 orc boyz from red eyes, and 20 generic orc boyz. And if you reach this limit, you can still call for a waaagh and get a few extra waaagh orc boyz.

I'll start a new thread soon showing the graphics for the greenskins, stay tune!
    Last edited by Steph; August 21, 2020 at 06:46 AM.

Playing Avelorn HE : My Avelorn, Chrace etc Unit Capactiy up there in faction effects is not showing same things like yours here and I am unable to recruit any heraldic unit except those showed on pic Rangers, Spears, Pikes, L/H Archers, Silver Helms and Eagle Claw

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A4x...ew?usp=sharing

Testing Lothern HE : Stripped down to ONLY mods here on this page started new as Lothern, built landmarks and military buildings - No Sea Guard generic or unique.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cnd...ew?usp=sharing

Testing Thorgrim dwarfs : Dwarfs are working better, I can have heraldic version of everything except I can not recruit any Bugman Rangers despite having none in army and all requirements met. Also Engineers Workshop and Guildhall, Armory. Gromril Forge arent showing any mouseover building texts only Runeforge (3rd rank) Forges for HE and dwarfs are correctly adding armor bonus for units but adds 3 melee dmg instead of 12 in tooltip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TEV...ew?usp=sharing

Trying Bretonnia now.
    Unit Hommes dArmes (mace version too) Pelerins combattants and Gardiens du Graal is not showing any class - Spear, Sword, Axe, Mace infantry

Some province effect icons are missing across all factions. Temperate Coast in Bretonnia for example

Bretonnia Armoury only gives armor bonus to defending troops which is better for avoiding micromanagement Smithy is not required to recruit knights which is strange but maybe your decision

Chevaliers Hippogryffes is showing 0 available but can recruit 2 of them them only Couronne version not LAnguille not sure why, (same with Grail Guardians - says I recruited maximum but not having any) Except Royal Hippo and Grail Guardians I can recruit both Couronne and LAnguille heraldic versions of all units

Also mounted peasants units are unrecruitable despite having 6/20 (10 from techs) not even after disbanding to 0/20 They were recruitable before reaching 10/10

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19gM...ew?usp=sharing

Patrician Artifex

The "no HE unique unit" bug was due to a faulty startpos. I have added a new resource for them, but I forgot to apply it to the proper regions in the map. This is fixed with the latest "campaign map" uploaded to Steam.

About the tool tips and capacity: I'm not sure what you mean by "Unit Capactiy up there in faction effects is not showing same things like yours here". Can you link a picture from me? It can have several reasons

- In older version (and so older images), the units like White Lions where recruitable ONLY in Chrace, and so the tooltip was for Chrace only. But I thought it was too punishing. So now they are recruitable anywhere in Ulthuan (but not outside of the blessed island). Sp the tool tip now appears in one of the two "high elves" tooltip. One with a golden icon is for unique units, the one with blue icon is for generic units

- In older version I had regular/elite version, but now I've streamlined things and kept only the regular version. Older screenshots may still show the elite version.

- Since the system is dynamic, it will show different values, depending on what settlements and building you have.

Warnings:
    - The building browser only shows icon and tool tip for generic units. It means you won't see the icon and tool tip for a "eataine spearmen", only "spearmen". The unit will however be recruitable normally. This is to avoid cluttering the UI too much.
    - The icon for unique units such as White Lions will not appear in the browser for the generic building such as hunter level 3 (but they should be recruitable). They appear for the landmarks, of the mage building (so Swordmasters appear, or Lothern Sea Guards in Ulthuan port).
    - The text however appear in the tooltip.

I'd rather not add the tooltips/icons, unless too many people think it's really necessary

Sea Guards: generic version require a port, and since there is no port in Eataine, they aren't recruitable here. Instead, the landmarks gives Lothern Sea Guards.

"Rangers, Spears, Pikes, L/H Archers, Silver Helms and Eagle Claw"

Yes, they are the only heraldic version of units for HE. The other units are "unique" like White Lions, Swordmasters, they will appear in the first two effect tooltips.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by alexej View Post
    Testing Thorgrim dwarfs : Dwarfs are working better, I can have heraldic version of everything except I can not recruit any Bugman Rangers despite having none in army and all requirements met. Also Engineers Workshop and Guildhall, Armory. Gromril Forge arent showing any mouseover building texts only Runeforge (3rd rank) Forges for HE and dwarfs are correctly adding armor bonus for units but adds 3 melee dmg instead of 12 in tooltip
    For Bungman's, you also need a tavern level 2, and rangers barracks. From the screenshots, it seems the issue is their capacity remains at 0? I'll check the script.
    About the tooltips issue, could you post a screen? I see normal mouseover text in the building browser. Maybe I'm looking at something different

Patrician Artifex

Bugman's ranger issue fixed (not uploaded yet), I forgot to onclude them in the script to compute their capacity each turn.

Patrician Artifex

Unit Hommes dArmes (mace version too) Pelerins combattants and Gardiens du Graal is not showing any class - Spear, Sword, Axe, Mace infantry
    Fixed. Similar issues are likely to exist for other races/factions/units, don't hesitate to report them. Easy to fix when it's known, but easy to miss one.

Some province effect icons are missing across all factions. Temperate Coast in Bretonnia for example
    Fixed, typo in the name of a png file.

Bretonnia Armoury only gives armor bonus to defending troops which is better for avoiding micromanagement Smithy is not required to recruit knights which is strange but maybe your decision
    The last time CA updated Bretonna, they changed this armor bonus compared to other faction. So I kept it, and it's different from other factions. I'm not sure what the best approach is.
    CA also removed the Smithy requirements for knights. I just followed it. I could put it back now. Before I avoided it because it created issues with the tooltips in the unit browser (so many units where listed in the smithy due to heraldic units that it was unreadable). But now I have solved this text issue, I could put back more secondary building requirement. However, since CA changed that, I suppose it was for a good reason, like too hard to handle by the AI, or maybe because knigths are such a main unit for Bretonnia that only one building is better.

Chevaliers Hippogryffes is showing 0 available but can recruit 2 of them them only Couronne version not LAnguille not sure why, (same with Grail Guardians - says I recruited maximum but not having any) Except Royal Hippo and Grail Guardians I can recruit both Couronne and LAnguille heraldic versions of all units
    It's normal you can recruit both Couronne and Languille, but if you have a barracks in Couronne and not in LAnguille, you'll have a much higher capacity for Couronne troops.

I understand the problem for the hippogryph. Their capacity is
    0 + 1 x settlement level 5 + 1 x stable level 5. But since L'Anguille is a minor settlement, it cannot have level 5 building and so cannot recruit them at all. I'm changing the script a bit to allow one unit.

Fixed the issue for the Grail_Guardians (type, guardianss with two ss in a table).

Also mounted peasants units are unrecruitable despite having 6/20 (10 from techs) not even after disbanding to 0/20 They were recruitable before reaching 10/10
    Yeomen capacity fixed. There was a spelling mistake (yeomoen instead of yeomen) and so the script couldn't find the proper effect to apply. Be careful: I think in this error report you mixed the generic and heraldic limits. Generic units was probably OK, it's the heraldic units which were buggy
    Last edited by Steph; August 31, 2020 at 07:18 AM.

You are really quickfixer. I will hunt more when time allows, time spent hunting was worth really. Will continue reporting here to avoid double. Pics only from home pc though I am at work now.

Will provide more pics about those Engineers Workshop and Guildhall, Armory. Gromril Forge not showing any mouseover building texts.

What about their bonuses?
    Forges for HE and dwarfs are correctly adding armor bonus (12) for units built there but adds 3 melee dmg instead of 12 in tooltip (3 is better I think just edit building text) 12 is mad

For Bretonnia Forge after your answer leave it as it is then. Wasnt trying playing them for ages so...

Seems to be unfair advantage HE and dwarf forge giving lasting bonuses to all recruited troops (compared to bretonni but they are both great smiths indeed

And ammo choices for he archers is also from older versions?

Recruiting units does not take away rare and special army slots atleast UI says I have 3 rare free with 2 organ guns in army

I do like having diverse heraldry in my armies so I would like to help you polish this gem of a mod 🙂👍
    Last edited by alexej; August 31, 2020 at 08:11 AM.

Patrician Artifex

I'll have to check about the forge, it was not from me initially, I took the idea from another mod. But I think for armour it's a fixed bonus, and for weapon strength it's a percentage.

So no +12, but +12%. If you have an attack stregth of 30, that should be +3

I may rework a bit this part, I did it for the Elves first, then added the Dwarves, and CA changed Brettonia in between. As you said, it may be more fair to have the same system for everyone.

The question is, should they all follow Brettonia system, or the other system?

About the ammo choices: I removed it at some point because I wasn't sure it wasn't too much an advantage for HE compared to other races.
    Last edited by Steph; August 31, 2020 at 09:07 AM.

Now after update I can recruit EVERYTHING in Bretonnia and Dwarfs, even rare and special slots are working! Great!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15oz...ew?usp=sharing - This works ok other not
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EUP...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1I...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h3_...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hiH...ew?usp=sharing

Out of all those buildings ONLY Runeforge shows its info on left side of screen. Everything is ok in building browser this is in city menu or building menu

Still cant recruit any Lothern Sea guards in Lothern but maybe needs new game. Will try

EDIT : New game as Lothern I CAN NOT recruit Lothern Sea Guards still but all other unique units Chrace, Nagarythe and Ellyrion ones

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Svt...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_w...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o8C...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ril...ew?usp=sharing - This info on top is not showing unique units but that doesnt bother me much as long as I can get them
    Last edited by alexej; August 31, 2020 at 09:58 AM.

Whar about Mistwalkers and Everqueen forest spirits? Are they faction bound or region? No unique unit for Cothique?

As for forges I do vote for defending armies and garisson bonuses like bretonnia. I do like to max everything so this ads micromanagement and RoRs cant be affected

Patrician Artifex

I just tried, I can recruit Lothern Sea gaurds as soon as I have a level 2 port in Lothern. And I can see them in your own screen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Svt...TRm6L2byw/view

They are there in the left of the local recruitment line.

About Forest spirit: you can recruit them, but only in Avelorn region, and you need the world root. It's not really like other High Elves Soldiers like White Lions of Chrace who could go to Eataine to serve tg he king.

For Mistwlakers, there's a kind of generic archer unit recruitable outside of Yvresse, but Eltharion new units are specific to him.

For Cothique, I made a special Sea Guards

You are right about Sea Guards I was in hurry and overlooked them, but why others were unlocked too?

Patrician Artifex

they are recruitable in Ulthuan as soon as you get a building for them (so if you get Axemen, you get White Lions of Chrace). Originally you could get them only in ONE region, but it was too tedious to micro manage.

They are however capped (4 shadow warrriors in your screenshot for exemple), and you need the landmarks building to have large capacity increase.

Somehow my Warhammer 2 is not running for unkown reason. Deleting all mods downloaded 1.9. by KMM solves the issue but there is new kislev damn it. After adding one by one identified cause : 1shawmuscles_elven_lords but ONLY HAVING IT IN DATA FOLDER thats really crazy

1. So to access most units I have to confederate everyone using Eltharion

2. There is no heraldic shielded Silverhelms?

3. Missing space in War Lionsof Chrace, also heraldic version has worse stats than generic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Zy...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vU3...ew?usp=sharing

4. Combination of your mod and OvN Lost Factions turns off save camera settings mod and Console commands Modding Tool. Unticking either OvN or your mod in KMM makes it available ingame again. Any clue what might be causing it?

5. Empire missing unit classes like in bretonnia : Pistoliere, Granatwerfereitter, both Demigryphs, Kriegswagen versions

6. Missing building tooltips for empire too : Blacksmith and Armoury (ok in building browser)
    Last edited by alexej; September 01, 2020 at 12:42 AM.