Thread: Non-functional vegetation categories

Default Non-functional vegetation categories

While messing around with the vegetation categories in the vegetation.db, I noticed that seven out of the eleven vegetation categories (namely "mangrove", "cactii", "long_grass", "reeds", "water_cover", "small_rocks" and "small_shrubs") were not working, despite having .vege_models assigned to them and sometimes (i.e in the case of "small_shrubs" for the "temperate_deciduous_forest" climate) having a percentage in the quantity of vegetation present in each climate.

I tried to get them to appear in the battle editor by changing elevations, adding water, changing ground textures but nothing changes. I also wrote the vegetation.db to .txt and found interesting stuff (I was notably wondering what those distribution maps were all about) but I didn't find any reason for why they should not work.

Would anyone happen to have info on this issue and how to fix it? It would really greatly add diversity to the battle maps, something I think medieval 2 rather needs.

Default Re: Non-functional vegetation categories

mmh, interesting topic out there!!

yes some testing with the "ignored categories" would be great to have even more variety!!

I'll try to experiment a little too...

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Any news here?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

I've not looked at this recently - I'm fairly sure I had water-cover working though

tbh I thought from memory that the ones that didn't were long grass & small shrubs

If you've got a copy of Westeros 1.0 the Neck swamp area was using quite a few odd categories that were appearing...

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes, I'm working on Westeros 1.0 geography. Got no grass at alpine climate zone by the way (in original mod it's Lands of always Winter, but in my it's The North) .

Preparing mod to release so got sooo many things to check. Can't check reeds at Neck map at the moment.

I thought vegetation absence is because vegetation_distribution settings in geography.db, tried to change values and find they mostly not editable.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!