Thread: Help with movement points

Default Help with movement points

im playing with 6 month for a turn, what a want to know is how to modifycate, the movement points of armys, characters, and agents, so the normal game is 2 years per turn, and i have six months per turn, i'd like to low down the movements points in a 75%.
    thanks in advance.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Help with movement points

descr_characters.txt the starting_action_points line for each character type.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

thanks lusted!!

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Wrong forum, moved to Text Editing and Scripting.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Could someone be so kind as to send me the original "descr_character.txt" as I'm not sure of the exact figures. I quickly read through the guide to using the unpacker but do I really need 7gb of free hard disk space? I don't have nearly as much and can't really get more right now.

I'm using the Winning Combo Mod v2.1 with the original map but the movement points used with the bigger map hadn't been changed to normal, this needs to be fixed. I changed the movement points myself but forgot the "default value for all characters and pathfinding calculations" so now the movement points are a bit messed up. It's a shame the changes to the file don't apply to current campaigns, you'll have to start a new one.

How do you change movement rates for ships, which aren't listed in this file?

Userpro's Avatar =RAE= HostedMod Creator

Ship movement rate would be modified under the admiral action points section!
    Visit our TWC M2TW-Kingdoms Hosted Mods Forum for...

!!! RAE Development stopped --- read last Statement here !!!
    M2TW-Kingdoms Mod Creator REDEO AD EXORDIUM ( RAE )
    Progress: 95% internal final beta release - 85% official release
    RAE TWC-Wiki Eagle Standard interview ... RAE.net Homepage ... RAE TWZ-Germany
    Proudly Sega & Steam Boycotter since ETW! See why here or this petition
    Sorry for bad english here, there and in my tutorials > advanced horde invasion & hide/unhide stratmap-ui & Beginners modding

yeah, but there is still one thing - if you load any unit on ship, movement points are reduced to max movement points that particular unit had - so transporting few artilery pieces slows the fleet a lot.... which is totally nonsense

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

No it doesn't. Ships are not affected by the armies they transport.

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Ships are not affected by the armies they transport, to an extent.

If it takes an army all of its movement points to reach a ship, then that ship cannot move at all, like JaM says. Next turn however, the ship has its normal amount of movement points. I think.
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Nope.
    I played with movement of ships alot.

Example: You put 2000 movement points to a ship and 120 movement points to normal units. You can sail a fleet from Spain to Sicily and load those units. Then you can move the sum of the units and ships up to twice the movement remaining for the units. Like if you put them in paved roads or something.
    Let's assume you move the fleet towards Northern Italy until you have no movepoints remaining. If you pick one of the ships in the fleet, so that the embarked army remains with the other ships, you can split it from the fleet and move it until you expend all the movement points.

From that I understand that fleets work like armies. If you put artillery on a unit with few movement points remaining to an army of knights. The army has no more movement points, but the fast units do have.

I think there is something somewhere that controls the multiplier of movement. The text or XML that sets cavalry x 1.5 on battle map.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's this chapter in the descr_campaign_db.xml:
    Code:
      <misc>
          <allow_resource_forts bool="false"/>       <!-- do we allow forts and watchtowers to be built on resource locations -->
          <fort_devastation_distance uint="20"/>     <!-- maximum movement point extents for determining devastation tile targets for forts -->
          <army_devastation_distance uint="40"/>     <!-- maximum movement point extents for determining devastation tile targets for field armies -->
          <fort_devastation_modifier float="2.0"/>   <!-- num devastated tiles modifier for forts -->
          <army_devastation_modifier float="4.0"/>   <!-- num devastated tiles modifier for field armies -->
          <enable_hotseat_messages bool="true"/>          <!-- do we allow hotseat messages to be send between human players -->
          <enable_unit_accent_overrides bool="true"/>	<!-- do we use unit db accent overrides for campaign unit selection -->
          <siege_movement_points_modifier float="1.0"/> <!-- movement points modifier for siege units -->
          <cavalry_movement_points_modifier float="1.3"/> <!-- movement points modifier for siege units -->
          <infantry_movement_points_modifier float="1.0"/> <!-- movement points modifier for siege units -->
       </misc>
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 07, 2009 at 12:00 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeap, that's it. However what should be added for units on ships?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You cannot change anything just for units on ships. Just general.