Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Of Herbs And Stewed Rabbit

Default Re: Of Herbs And Stewed Rabbit

White is the way and your insistence on inferring motive more than a little disgraceful.

But, if you want to half arse and derail - have fun.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Gaming Staff oversees the hotseating sections. We try to make sure TWCenter is a fun place to play (preventing abuse, making sure admins are doing their job, etc.). We also innovate and sponsor initiatives for the good of the community. Without GS you would have no tournaments, no special rewards for winning hotseats, no annual player awards -- basically nothing except the individual hotseat games themselves. That is fine if all you want is the hotseats. But the community doesn't grow that way, and if people are allowed to do and say anything they want, the community suffers. The role is not to control; it is to oversee and sponsor. There has been too much misinformation spread concerning this, and too many people still believe the misinformation.
    As I believe it should be.
    If you feel this way, then I encourage you to create your own hotseat in the general section. Hotseat creators can play in their own hotseats, as long as they find an admin willing to accept the role. Too many people rely on GS to do the work, and then complain that GS has too much control over the hotseat sections.
    Trouble is, a proper RPHS and one that would actually interest me is highly unpopular on these boards. I have quickly become disillusioned with the average hotseat; thus, it would take a special idea to get me interested now. Belth would know what the idea is :p
    You will feel that way until one of your hotseats is forced to stop because the admin vanishes off the face of the earth. Then having a very secure repository of admin passwords accessible by only high-ranking members of the site (the majority of GS members not included) doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
    My main opposition to this is, for the most part, hypothetical. What about a game admin bringing his mini community here, who only seeks to host within his own group, yet use TWC as the hosting platform? Should that group bugger off, due to not sharing the password with outsiders? What about admins who have made their own accommodations that they, and the game's players trust? Admins should be held accountable, both by themselves and by players to form a backup plan. Only a fool believes they can have the monopoly on their own password and not share with any other user in the world. Players should understand how the setup of a hotseat is done, and understand potential risks. As well as hold the admin accountable for a system of backup. However, I wish for that system to be a matter of choice, not a mandatory "you must tell [these people] or you may not host a game here".
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

This thread is for questions and discussion on how to proceed, simply put. Please keep the stirring up of more drama to a bare minimuman absolute nothing.

One of my other jobs already has me fighting real terrorism, so I am pretty confident that nothing here now, on TWC as a whole now, or ever in the past, has ever amounted to terrorism.

To paraphrase "Trump" there has been blame on both sides here....and I think most people just wish to play there hotseats in a comfortable environment. I rather hope [and I know others do so] that we can return to what has been a home to many of our great hotseat memories. I also hope that the admin's of both areas can work out a arrangement , that perhaps a accommodation can be made to make this so.

I am sorry to see Soul & Para have left , but there is no victory in this for either side, for both sides have suffered under what we can perhaps call the "troubles" , but I understand Hader's viewpoint here , in trying to move thing forward. Playing hotseats can be be stressful for players, and certainly managing such a thing , is equally a thankless task , for which I thank all admins , but I hope that slowly that hotseats can return to TWC , with perhaps not all parties being entirely happy with the situation[A compromise being perhaps the best way forward] , which will again help both players , admin's and viewers to again , have the hotseats brought to where they ought to be ...

Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

misafeco's Avatar Biarchus

I also think both sides can be blamed but I'm glad things are likely to go back to normal. I haven't joined the new forum to play in the hotseats I was part of before because I don't support the split of the community. Now I hope I can come back. Thanks Hader for working on this issue.
    Hungary against the Nations - The Holy Roman Empire
    Teutonic Terror II - The Teutonic Order - Winner
    Teutonic Warfare - Denmark
    Grand Campaign - Byzantium- Winner
    1v1 tournament - Lost to Ramble
    Westeros Tournament - Out in 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    We both love the truth Mith, if he comes in any public thread acting pious, i'll make corrections to what is the truth, even if it means i have to deal with Hannibal spamming that report button and having the dribblers following my online activity continuously.
    I don't get how you resigned from nothing parafix yet you are here still ranting about what you call "childish behavior". You are doing the exact same thing being childish.You have kicked Hannibal for no absolute reason (ADOSIII). Explain me what did he do exactly there to deserve being kicked? I don't know how you got those pictures from Jadli's discord.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

First of all I want to thank Hader for the way he handled this delicate situation, by listening what both sides have to say in this conflict and coming up with a decent solution to fix all this. It is not an easy thing as most people would imagine.

I'm now looking over the posts of some members and I'm not sure if I should laugh or feel pity for them. A prime example would be this:

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    We both love the truth Mith, if he comes in any public thread acting pious, i'll make corrections to what is the truth, even if it means i have to deal with Hannibal spamming that report button and having the dribblers following my online activity continuously.
    I advise everyone to ignore such childish behavior (in this case coming from someone who had a man crisis twice and threaten to leave the forums) as it doesn't worth your time or attention. Let the child speak, and ignore his absurdity.

In any case, there are serious changes to be made in the future but for now at least the community will move forward again as it used to due to Hader's help.
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; February 26, 2018 at 11:24 AM.

I would ask people from both sides of this conflict to perhaps withhold there views on certain peoples opinions and perhaps keep their views/grievances to themselves, unless it involves making the current situation better...as it will not help the situation if we hope to resolve issues , with people pointing at each other and saying each are to blame. If we are to become one community again , such finger-pointing and casting blame will only enflame issues , when I hope we can resolve things and move forward.

Let us move therefore towards bringing things back to a somewhat normal situation, for if we are to seek who to blame [and I think all have a bit of blame], then we will be wasting time that could otherwise be spent on healing the situation and moving things back to where all hope they should be.
    Last edited by paladinbob123; February 26, 2018 at 01:20 PM.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

To clear some of the confusion for you Joe, we all knew what we were doing and don't listen to someone else or think otherwise. We knew that all of us aren't innocents and that we have our own part in everything that happened. I can't say this to a few other people, who believes otherwise, but this is the actual, full truth. If we all were dishonest we would never be here.

Our goal was always to create comfortable enviroment for hotseating and when it felt being threatened we fought for that idea in ways, that weren't the best decisions, nor the wisest, but at that time we had nothing else to chose. We know our faults, however tt wasn't the wisest idea aswell, that others after the announcement decided to burn everything down behind them instead of just taking a step back and accept the decision.

That is the past now and we should focus on the present and the future instead. We can let go what happened and burry the hatchet.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

HADER will we be able to expect some sort of official constitution/written document discussing the role, responsibility, and powers and rights/privileges of GS? I think that would go a long way towards achieving greater understanding of the ways GS interacts with and within the community.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

8 Years Ago

Now

@Hader

Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 16, 2018 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Oversized animated gif removed and replaced by pic

It's sad to see you go Gimli, we never properly hotseated with or against each other or even interacted really.
    But I've only had good things to say about you and much as you seem a bit harsh on TWC imo, I wish you luck.

I'm seeing more dirt thrown between the glorious revolution and the evil forefathers -
    history repeats and the more dung is thrown the more it shall cling to all things.

Just as I supported Jadli moving to a different site "for the greater good"
    I'll join that of SoulGamesInc - please stop going after people, people.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Recent history repeats with very close parallels. Me, I think I'll be drifting away from one, and not even starting to indulge in the other.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Indeed, it does and that too seem a repeat for the worse does it not?
    Paladinbob123 made some very good posts here that I'd like to re-stress.

As the God Emperor says - Sad.

As I said before , I think there is blame on both sides, but here obviously soul still has some bitterness remaining since his own resignation. After seeing his video for myself, he does little, to conceal his hostility to Jadli ,which I don't think , should've been the main point of his video, as I was looking for a clear and balanced reasoning to justify his position , but the video [for me] does not achieve such goals as I hoped to see, but rather the anger he carries.

I did note from his video he obviously considers himself absent of all blame, but for me [as I feel a independent] that he could've handled a few matter's better. In his video , he explains that it was all down to jadli for disobeying the rules , but when the officials [higher ups] then disagree with his position , that they were clearly in the wrong[ which means there is one rule for some but not for him]. Also when he did his press briefing , which could have lessened tensions , he refused to talk about his reasoning , instead stating his position was set in stone and couldn't be changed, which for me , angered me some [I admit it] for nobody likes to have terms dictated to them without clear explanation, which he refused to elaborate. If he had sat down with the community itself and discussed the matter, I am sure things could've be adverted for all , but I fear his ill judgement was due to personal feelings rather than for the good of all.

To be honest , he may have been somebody who perhaps [as he himself quoted] may have joined the group for the best reasons to help the community but despite his excellent work , and benefits to the community , he has confused his actions, as those being for the benefit of the community as the same as his own, but it was clear, most of the community did not want the majority of there hotseats closed , to be "culled" to meet his rules. I for one , find it strange , for if the community is too grow, and demand for games , should be satisfied , rather than to field small select groups though they be well managed[which soul did well], for what is the group for , if not the playing of hotseat's itself, and why deny it , if people wish to play?

As for the people to rule , this group , I think the current state satisfactory , for all such leadership of a group favours long standing friends and comrades , who in-time cement thinking and rules. I do not fear change in a group, for if a group must continue , it must have leave to expand , variety and change , to keep interest going and one thing my experience has taught me , is that doing the same thing over and over again , only leads to stagnation and boredom . New hotseats have been started here under new admins to which I wholeheartedly approve of ,with some willing to take a chance on new games , others with new formats , which may fail ,others may thrive, but equally , this I feel , shows advancement for both those brave enough to try and benefits the community they serve , rather than the dire position , that soul predicts.

Taking aside the obvious pain , and stress's he is under [soul], and the exaggeration he spouts [ten people upholding 20,000 games etc] , I still consider the good , he and para have achieved. I have no axe to grind , and have had no personal animosity with them both , and I am sure they will have further success with there youtube site's but I for one , will not revisit this again [as commodus also states] , as I wish little time to continue arguments when both he [soul] and I should be concentrating on future hotseat turns.

I do however wish him well in his new endeavour and would perhaps extend a hand , so that one day ,if he can set aside his anger , there will always be willing players, who would wish to play a hotseat game's with him here, in thanks of the work he achieved and the contents he produced , which was for the good of the community, which he initially joined to serve.

PBOB
    Last edited by paladinbob123; May 12, 2018 at 05:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12