Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [RELz] Total War: Alexander III

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: [RELz] Total War: Alexander III

You've assembled an impressive modding team for this project and the Battle of Issus video shows the units, battle map and combat balance system well. I see what you mean about needing to minimise casualties and to avoid wasting ammunition. The Battle of Issus looks challenging and enjoyable!

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Thanks for the feedback!

The structure is not really what I would call a team at the moment, it's more of a community, there is a RTW modding server on discord and everyone there is helping eachother with their mods (Lanjane's Barbarian Empires, Extended Cultures, Ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod, etc.).

It helps to fill in the gaps of areas of modding in which one modder lacks skill + it allows modders to share content between mods.

For example Lanjane's and my unit models, my environments, etc. are being shared between Tempus Edax Rerum, Total War: Alexander III, Lanjane's Barbarian Empires (uses RSII environments, not mine), Extended Cultures, Ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod, etc.

The reason behind that is because this type of community makes it very easy to quickly ask and get permission for the use of a lot of content.
    Last edited by 20ninescene; April 22, 2019 at 01:20 PM.

Default Re: Alexander Reloaded

As Alexander's campaign progressed an increasing portion of his army was composed of eastern recruits and mercenaries, including the famous companion cavalry. These are Asian companion cavalry:

Icon6 Re: [RELz] Total War: Alexander III

New version released!! (v0.0.2.0)
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/total-war...ander-iii-demo

This version fixes several bugs, improves the AI and enhances several unit models.

Credits to Suppanut for the new AI.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

i'll try this mod tonight looks cool!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Hey 20ninescene - just popped in from the main TW announcement page, congrats on the work that you put in!

I really liked RTW Alexander as a game and this looks very cool.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Default Re: Alexander Reloaded

Thanks for the comments, you people encourage me to keep going!

I have some idea for the campaign, muizer made an awesome map for RTR8, but it was buggy because it was too bug. I will try to crop it and load it into RTW.

Perhaps then I could convert parthia to persia, give macedon the purple colour scheme of alexander, unify rome, convert some eastern faction (for example armenia) into the Dahae, egypt into Meroe thracia into illyria, seleucids into thrace, pontus into Paurava (indian faction), load all my modded alex files + my veggiemod in, set up the campaign, a few tweaks here and there and... test... and... release!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to the release of the campaign with it comes!

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Great work !!
    Much needed mod .

Tiro

Slowly but surely looking great!

Daminios's Avatar Civis

i look forward to yr next update 20ns .
    cheers

New preview:

I managed to add western Europe back to the map (caused me a lot of headaches to get past the errorless CTDs)

Right now I am stretching the map to be 22% bigger (510 pixels wide which is the maximum the engine supports) which will allow for 1 more settlement in Peloponnese as this area was more important during this area than in later Roman times.

If anyone could help me by sending me the EB2 map files which I could use as a reference for features and coastlines when I'm working w/o internet access. My current internet connection is too weak to download the whole mod, I tried to download it 5+ time and it always failed.

Also I'm asking the EB1 team if they would allow me to use their content as a base for this project, I'd strip a lot of stuff to make this mod less heavy and slow (both performance and gameplay) though like the trait system, building system, music

I will use the vanilla RTW music because I I think it's really good + it improves stability and a simpler but more dynamic building system in which government and construction is centred around colonization in contrast to the more static EB aor system. It's a compromise between the vanilla system where you can recruit anything everywhere and EB which is very restricted.

On the battle map my own stat system will fix fatigue w/o removing it and get rid of the foot missile bug (I wonder why it's called that way since horse archers are affected as well) - I did use other methods than Darth to remove these bugs, this all combined with suppanuts battle AI

Stay tuned for more!
    Last edited by 20ninescene; July 27, 2019 at 01:34 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

alright - here are EB2´s files. i´ve included text files and most other map related files too. don´t know if you need them all. there about 65MB.
    https://mega.nz/#!vYgU1A7J!sjk95LyUE...98ppsEIBSRJ86Q

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Any news for us?

Daminios's Avatar Civis

yes , any news would be good news !

campaign ready?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456