Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [RELz] Total War: Alexander III

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Alexander Reloaded

Well, the first alpha version will probably be focused on historical battles. Which will be quite challenging and also way more historically accurate and balanced than vanilla rtw alexander.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

The scripts will stay ?

We'll fine-tune the scripts of the existing battles and perhaps add some new battles like the persian gates for example.

CA stepe east border can be until central (modern ) Kazakhstan (no balkhash lake on the map). Black sea - scytian... it posible to delete upper part of sea and faction. Becouse history about Alexander. Or not delete - then can be small area for scythian and path to north of caspian (for sarmatian campain). And player by macedonia can repeat story in 331 bc (Zopyrione) ))) Scytians -neutral but aggressive. Do not go anywhere and do not admit anyone.

Well I think I'll cut some areas to the south, north and east anyway and go for the same area as the vanilla RTW Alexander map but zoomed in, and yes I think I have an idea how I could make the scythians behave that way.

Default Re: [WIP] Alexander Reloaded

New iphicratean style hellenic mercenaries

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

good luck with this project...

Thank you very much!

Hello! I see the progress is great Do you need help regarding unit models and starting positions? How is the Achaemenid roster going? I would propose to create a separate Athenian and Theban faction as well.

We'll indeed remove the generic greek cities faction and replace it with Athens and Thebes, or we could combine them into one faction (but with a name that makes historical sense) and script that Athens will join Macedon if it enslaves the population of Thebes (or something similar, whatever is possible on the RTW engine). However I prefer to make this mod step by step more realistic and release often. Once we got a fully balanced, bug-free, stable vanilla style mod I'll start thinking about more realistic graphics But in my opinion it's best to start working on realistic gameplay first.
    And yes we could use some help in all the areas you mention

I can help in the following aspects: Unit Research and Creation (I know how to use 3ds max for RTW units), Text editing, Texture editing (good but not yet great at this), Historical assistance, Many little things.

Tiro

Nice to see an alexander mod again, that era only had 'megas alexandros' before. I noticed that india was not on the factions list, it is not being considered?

@Leon Katakalon Thank you very much, I send you an invitation to our slack workspace via pm.

@jrhindo it is on the faction list however it's internal name is egypt, also our faction list will undergo many changes.

Probably several Indian factions will be present as I decided that all factions that Alexander fought against will be present.

Afterwards the gaps will be filled. Also regarding our map, we are looking for a mapper who can use arcgis so that we can have a map that isn't deformed in the north.

Otherwise we would have to cut off the south and a part of the north of our map and stretch everything vertically.

However I would like to have Saba on the map as alexander planned it as his next campaign just before his death.

Also there will be one emergent faction and persia and macedon will get a shadowing faction and the rebels will be renamed to free peoples.

Thanks for your compliments! We're working really hard on it

Foxcon's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [WIP] Total War: Alexander III

So for now only Macedonia will be playable. Will other factions be playable later?

If we finished, balanced, bug-fixed and polished the Macedonian campaign we will probably also make a persian campaign, and later add more campaigns. However those campaigns would have mod folders of themselves. I hope we ever get that far

Hello TWC community i'm glad that my first post its about our mod .You can find more information in especially about the units in our blog https://alexanderthe3d.blogspot.gr

We renamed the difficulty levels:

Great to see a proper Alexander mod in development. I've been cautious about getting TW Alexander but this looks like it could change all that. Good luck!
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast