Thread: Is it worth getting DLCs with DEI

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default Is it worth getting DLCs with DEI

Hey guys,

Wondering if it's worth it to even purchase the culture pack DLCs since DEI already has the factions unlocked and added units.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Is it worth getting DLCs with DEI

For DLC factions you need DLC to get them to work. We can't unlock DLC factions for free.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Hey guys,

Wondering if it's worth it to even purchase the culture pack DLCs since DEI already has the factions unlocked and added units.
    Τhe upcoming DLC will lock another 4 factions, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post

Even though you guys are using a diferent map? If so, that's unfortunate.

DLC factions are a waste i think. The team has done incredible work on them but i would never play as the steppe nomads for example. I didnt even play as Huns in Atilla......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

But many players would. The steppe factions are really cool and have unique reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by madking321 View Post
    Even though you guys are using a diferent map? If so, that's unfortunate.
    Υeap that's a really bad thing for the average user.

I love playing the nomad factions

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    I love playing the nomad factions
    I hope you aren't cheesing your enemies with arrows all the time.

Υeap that's a really bad thing for the average user.

How does that work, do they force you to take the mod down if you don't lock it?

Quote Originally Posted by madking321 View Post
    How does that work, do they force you to take the mod down if you don't lock it?
    I think they could just lock the factions and with user's agreement policy, we can't unlock them without the DLC.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

FFS! Which ones in DeI terms, do you know yet?

And does this change the team's calculus in choosing which factions to be "playable" or not? I'm also wondering how this works legally. If the DLC is for say "Thrace," but DeI has "Odrysia" and "The Kingdom of the Dioi" (etc), you only need to choose one "Thracian" faction to be locked, correct? That way the mod can have a Thracian faction playable by all regardless of what DLC you have, in the same way that everyone could play, say the Aetolian League, but may not be able to play Athens (ignoring that everyone gets the Greek Culture dlc for the argument).

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    FFS! Which ones in DeI terms, do you know yet?

And does this change the team's calculus in choosing which factions to be "playable" or not? I'm also wondering how this works legally. If the DLC is for say "Thrace," but DeI has "Odrysia" and "The Kingdom of the Dioi" (etc), you only need to choose one "Thracian" faction to be locked, correct? That way the mod can have a Thracian faction playable by all regardless of what DLC you have, in the same way that everyone could play, say the Aetolian League, but may not be able to play Athens (ignoring that everyone gets the Greek Culture dlc for the argument).
    Hey old chap.
    It's the same AFAIK. Masaesyli,Saba,Nabatea, Kush. Not sure about the naming policy though. @Dresden will have more info about it.

Culture packs? Only if you are interested in one of the factions behind a paywall.
    Other DLCs, well, the Caesar in Gaul and Hannibal at the Gates dlcs we had done a lot of work on and I think benefit extensively from DeI. We made a completely custom campaign for the Wrath of Sparta DLC which is a treat.
    I haven't actually played a full campaign in Imperator Augustus or Empire Divided, though they are both made to be compatible.

So CiG and HatG? Yes, absolutely. Wrath of Sparta a yes to experience our magic. IA you already have if you have Rome 2 anyways. Empire divided maybe.
    Different culture packs, only if you want to play one of the factions very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    Culture packs? Only if you are interested in one of the factions behind a paywall.
    Other DLCs, well, the Caesar in Gaul and Hannibal at the Gates dlcs we had done a lot of work on and I think benefit extensively from DeI. We made a completely custom campaign for the Wrath of Sparta DLC which is a treat.
    I haven't actually played a full campaign in Imperator Augustus or Empire Divided, though they are both made to be compatible.

So CiG and HatG? Yes, absolutely. Wrath of Sparta a yes to experience our magic. IA you already have if you have Rome 2 anyways. Empire divided maybe.
    Different culture packs, only if you want to play one of the factions very much.
    I am quite tempted to try HatG with DeI. I actually enjoyed the basic CiG but also was frustrated with naval fleets being weak and some other things so never bothered to buy HiG. I might have to put it on watch list for if it ever goes on sale just due to DeI.

A somewhat satisfying Punic Wars would be something I could play a few times.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

What are your guys' thoughts on Empire Divided currently? I have all DLC for R2 and have somewhat enjoyed them (mostly CiG) but I get most of my enjoyment out of the grand campaigns. Is ED compatible with DEI, at least stats wise? I know you guys haven't touched the campaign at all but is it better to wait until it's officially supported here (and for the inevitable steam sale) or is it worth a play through as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Beedo83 View Post
    What are your guys' thoughts on Empire Divided currently? I have all DLC for R2 and have somewhat enjoyed them (mostly CiG) but I get most of my enjoyment out of the grand campaigns. Is ED compatible with DEI, at least stats wise? I know you guys haven't touched the campaign at all but is it better to wait until it's officially supported here (and for the inevitable steam sale) or is it worth a play through as is?
    ED is supported. We haven't done much with it yet, indeed. But you could enjoy a campaign without fear. It's update though will be really fascinating with so much more added
    We have no ETA for it though.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    I am quite tempted to try HatG with DeI. I actually enjoyed the basic CiG but also was frustrated with naval fleets being weak and some other things so never bothered to buy HiG. I might have to put it on watch list for if it ever goes on sale just due to DeI.

A somewhat satisfying Punic Wars would be something I could play a few times.
    I had lots and lots of fun in HatG! Strongly recommend that DLC!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    I had lots and lots of fun in HatG! Strongly recommend that DLC!
    It's one of the few Rome's DLCs I actually like.