Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.3.1 Released! With full support for Troy, multicolumn filters, granular filtering for diagnostics, and a bunch of QoL Improvements/Fixes!

You can safetly ignore the info messages. That's why they're info. About the schema error,.... that error has become a bit of a "something failed" error since a few updates ago. Try deleting the schema folder and checking updates again.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.3.1 Released! With full support for Troy, multicolumn filters, granular filtering for diagnostics, and a bunch of QoL Improvements/Fixes!

And about the column thing, there was a frozen column feature for that, but due to crashes and weird behavior it was disabled until I get some time to properly fix it.

Patrician

And 2.3.3 is out, with a few more fixes for bugs in the last version, and for some old bugs that managed to stay hidden from me until recently!

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    And 2.3.3 is out, with a few more fixes for bugs in the last version, and for some old bugs that managed to stay hidden from me until recently!
    Here is that "texture_array" file for Attila. Sorry for the delay, i just had some other stuff to attend .
    It is strictly text file editable in any text app.
    Last edited by Cgma; December 28, 2020 at 02:01 PM.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.3.3 Released! With full support for Troy, multicolumn filters, granular filtering for diagnostics, and a bunch of QoL Improvements/Fixes!

Howdy idk if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't view/edit .unit_variant files on NTW. Is this a known or potential bug, or could it be on my end? Love the work btw, amazing modding tool.

EDIT: I'm getting the same issue with the atlas files too.
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; November 25, 2020 at 05:46 AM.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.3.3 Released! With full support for Troy, multicolumn filters, granular filtering for diagnostics, and a bunch of QoL Improvements/Fixes!

ETW.

Tried to load all CA files and i got the "error trying to do an io operation blah blah"

Patrician

mmm I think I forgot to announce here 2.3.4... anyway, schemas updated for the new warhammer 2 patch. If the schema updater fails, go to Game Selected/Open RPFM's config folder, delete the schemas folder and try again. Also, Cgma I included support for the texture_arrays a couple weeks ago.

@Biggus Can you send me those files to take a look?

@coolgit... did you have any other program locking the files when opening them?

Can someone tell me if its possible to lock the Key Column in land_units_tables.

I'm transitioning from the Pack File Manager into Rusted and i find that the Key Column being unable to lock makes editing unit stats much more difficult.

Is there a bug in the maths calculation? I can't multiply uneven numbers like 37 * 1.5, but calculations like 37*2 work fine.
    It worked fine in an older version of RPFM. I love the manager, but that just irks me.

I am having issues with division. Trying to rewrite a cell that contains "13" with a {x}/2 math operation wont let me do any changes.

I guess because the cell does not support decimals?

I dont know if its doable or how convenient it is, but the ability to use division when rewwriting with math operation in such a way and just round up or down the result would be awesome!

@coolgit... did you have any other program locking the files when opening them?

Nope.

I have updated ETW schema file to include some missing tables version that darthmod requires. Will put it up on Github soon ok.

PFM schema has for example <field name='key' type='string_ascii' pk='true' /> and what is the rusted version of string_ascii ?

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

Lots of problems with Empire. 2605 errors with 3249 warnings on one pack file for CB_Core2.2 alone! Can't access most tables which worked just fine on normal PFM.

"There is no Definition for this specific version of the table in the Schema"

"Error while trying to decode the DB Table:
    There is no Definition for this specific version of the table in the Schema.
    Before anything else, please check your game selected is really the one this PackFile is for! If it isn't, change your game selected and try again."

I deleted and reloaded the whole schema folder, and messed around with the preferences. What else could one do?

"There is no Definition for this specific version of the table in the Schema"

see post 251

Can you give me the file names and directories that won't open.
    Last edited by coolgit; December 13, 2020 at 01:18 PM.

mmm I think I forgot to announce here 2.3.4... anyway, schemas updated for the new warhammer 2 patch. If the schema updater fails, go to Game Selected/Open RPFM's config folder, delete the schemas folder and try again. Also, Cgma I included support for the texture_arrays a couple weeks ago.
    Immediately seen and used . Thanks, pretty useful feature.

Anyway i can observe kinda strange behaviour about "error shield" - for example - delete any position from variants_tables - nothing happens, you can open any variant table, RPFM doesn't notice any mistake unless you start operating within that table... Can we have kinda "refresh" button instead of procedural refreshing on every save? BTW: saving also fails to notice such a deletion unless you reload app completely. If i can remember there was LPM operation to global error search (which is standard in PFM), but for some time it is gone.

EDIT: I'm not sure - it's possible i may miss some feature - i can see problem with submods that contain a lot of stuff from custom data files (like large overhaul mods) - RPFM claims them being error while in fact they just are stored in such another file that submod is dependant. Is there a way to link those files to remove unwanted/false error claims? I know it may lead into fatal consequences, but actually all mods are phisically stored in "content" catalogue, if RPFM would check just those stored in "data" only it would solve most potential mistakes. That would need to copy "master" data file into "data", but for modding purposes would do the trick .

One another feature that would be very welcome is possiblity to link "unit_variants" table with VMDs stored in "variantmeshdefinitions" catalogue . Manual copying names is pretty boring and essentialy easy to misspell while you need to verify overhauled rosters.

Would it be possible to add a way to read/write anims bin files? in animation/databases ? because that would help a lot

Patrician

Ok, first, new big update released (2.4). For this one.... it has so many changes/improvements I really recommend you to read the changelog in the first post or on Github.

First, I never stated it anywhere really, but the diagnostic tool and features that require at some point the assembly kit files (like the new Go To Definition) are not supported on napoleon and empire, because... there is no assembly kit for them. I know there are xml files for the tables there, but RPFM cannot yet parse them (it's one of the longest standing issues RPFM has ever had), and I never found the time to write the parser for them. If anyone wants to try, feel free to submit a pr for it.

Second, you guys should have less problems with updating schemas with 2.4. The fixes for the schema updater are the main reason I rushed the update to be released before the new 3k patch.

Third, questions:

EDIT: I'm not sure - it's possible i may miss some feature - i can see problem with submods that contain a lot of stuff from custom data files (like large overhaul mods) - RPFM claims them being error while in fact they just are stored in such another file that submod is dependant. Is there a way to link those files to remove unwanted/false error claims? I know it may lead into fatal consequences, but actually all mods are phisically stored in "content" catalogue, if RPFM would check just those stored in "data" only it would solve most potential mistakes. That would need to copy "master" data file into "data", but for modding purposes would do the trick
    The usual way to fix this is to open the dependency manager and add the "parent" packs to the list. The manual explains it a bit better. Before 2.4, there was a bug that caused this to not work properly, but it has been fixed.

One another feature that would be very welcome is possiblity to link "unit_variants" table with VMDs stored in "variantmeshdefinitions" catalogue . Manual copying names is pretty boring and essentialy easy to misspell while you need to verify overhauled rosters.
    Maybe.... and it's a big maybe, but for now, text views like those ones will remain as text views, unless someone comes out with a better view for them.

Would it be possible to add a way to read/write anims bin files? in animation/databases ? because that would help a lot
    Maybe. There is some work being done to get rigidmodels editable again, and anim files support may come with it. Maybe.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.4.1 Released!

And.... emergency hotfix released (2.4.1) for a crash that slipped into 2.4.0 and an annoying bug.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.4.2 Released!

And another hotfix (2.4.2) with a fix for a hang when trying to update a table. Also, 3K schema updated.