Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 0.9.3 Released! Now with a completely rewritten UI in Qt5, non-wonky copy/paste, live filering for tables, even more performance improvements and more!

Thanks ! I created a db folder in which i add the pack files i need and i can read and edit the files. But now i have another problem.
    I'm trying to do a mod for Lizardmen on TWW 2.
    I edited values in battle_entities_table (speed and mass and jump chance) i saved my mod, clicked install and try to launch the game with my mod activated. It worked.
    So i continue my mod. But each time i change the values of another table, here it was just the armor stat of lizardmen units in land_units_table whenever i try to launch it it crashes just after the Warhammer 2 Logo Screen without any error message. I had the same problem with PFM 5.0.
    I made sure to change the names of the data files so they override the vanilla tables, and i verified i didn't change anything by error.
    I don't know where the error comes from. Do you have any idea ?

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 0.9.3 Released! Now with a completely rewritten UI in Qt5, non-wonky copy/paste, live filering for tables, even more performance improvements and more!

That kind of error is something wrong in a table. Maybe a key or a column with a wrong value. It'll probably be better if you ask in one of the modding tutorial threads or in the modding discord, as I'm not an expert in db tables.

Ok. I already made a topic but no one really answered me. Thanks anyway !

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.0.2 Released! Now with full support for Rome 2, partial support for Arena, reworked "Add From PackFile" feature, a manual that explains everything and more!

Another bugfix released (0.9.4), this time with a fix for a bug that caused RPFM to create PackFiles that worked only for some people. Weird bug this one.

New update (1.0.0). A milestone for me. The main change is support for Rome 2 and Arena(read-only).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Implemented full support for Total War: Rome 2 (starting from ROTR patch).
    • Implemented read-only support for Total War: Arena (more on this later).
    • Implemented automatic decryption for encrypted PackFiles and PackedFiles (more on this later).
    • Implemented Optimize PackFile feature, similar to PFM's Optimize DB PackFiles.
    • Implemented Shortcuts window, for those who want to check/change the shortcuts.
    • Implemented experimental automatic CTD reporting system (AFAIK it doesn't work properly in Windows yet).
    • Implemented About/Open Manual feature to open the new included manual in a PDF Reader.
    • Implemented Smart Delete feature (more on this later).
    • Implemented Mass-Export TSV feature (like Mass-Import TSV, but the other way around).
    • Implemented Live decoding feature in DB Decoder, where you can just select data and RPFM will try to decode it in multiple formats.
    • Cleaned/simplyfied a lot of PackFile's decoding/encoding code.
    • RPFM's now is able to open correctly multiple PackFiles that before didn't open or showed as Other type.
    • The name of the open PackFile is now shown in the title bar.
    • Deprecated the Generate Dependency PackFile feature (no longer needed).
    • Reworked the Error system, so it no longer throws you non-sensical errors.
    • Reworked the Settings system, so it's no longer gets wiped out on update.
    • Adding File/Folder operations now overwrite in case of conflict instead of returning an error.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the colour coding in DB Decoder to be incorrect in certain situations.
    • Fixed multiple logic errors that caused certain options from the menus to not be available when they actually should be it.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Adjust columns to contents setting to cause big tables to take up to 10 seconds to open.
    • Fixed a bug were Create DB feature could create an invalid table.
    • Fixed a bug that reported undecodeable tables as "tables without definition".
    • Fixed last columns of Tables not extending to fill the available space.
    • A lot of internal cleaning has been done.

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.0.2 Released! Now with full support for Rome 2, partial support for Arena, reworked "Add From PackFile" feature, a manual that explains everything and more!

Hey man, could be really a great thing!
    Missed totally this thread before today.
    Gonna try it for Rome 2

I can hardly understand how much work you put onto this.
    Congratulations!

Thx for your work

I've begun using it and have to say that seems better than PFM.
    Used it with Rome 2 only.
    This is what I think after 15 mins of use (didn't try if pack works in-game but I take this for granted):

good things:

- better visuals: at least I have my eyes looking to another type of window @ good
    - can "select all" into .lua windows: you don't have to select manually no more, useful when ctrl c/v long scripts @ really good
    - search bar for db tables: colud be really useful @ really good
    - decode: well, hope I'll never need that @ good
    - slightly quicker @ good

bad things:

- missing colored lines (not visually specified which tabs you can't edit) @ minor issue for me
    Anyway, tabs editable are exactly the same as for PFM, the ones that are blue are not openable with RPFM, so probably they are simply useless

advices:

- select default folder for "open pack file" so it's not always ..Rome2../data
    It would be great, since no one open files from game data folder, but from a "my_personal_mods" one

think I've found a bug, I'm just opening my testudo pack (rome 2) with both PFM and RPFM, nothing else, just scroll down
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.0.0 Released! Now with full support for Rome 2, partial support for Arena, reworked "Add From PackFile" feature, a manual that explains everything and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I've begun using it and have to say that seems better than PFM.
    Used it with Rome 2 only.
    This is what I think after 15 mins of use (didn't try if pack works in-game but I take this for granted):

good things:

- better visuals: at least I have my eyes looking to another type of window @ good
    - can "select all" into .lua windows: you don't have to select manually no more, useful when ctrl c/v long scripts @ really good
    - search bar for db tables: colud be really useful @ really good
    - decode: well, hope I'll never need that @ good
    - slightly quicker @ good

bad things:

- missing colored lines (not visually specified which tabs you can't edit) @ minor issue for me
    Anyway, tabs editable are exactly the same as for PFM, the ones that are blue are not openable with RPFM, so probably they are simply useless

advices:

- select default folder for "open pack file" so it's not always ..Rome2../data
    It would be great, since no one open files from game data folder, but from a "my_personal_mods" one

think I've found a bug, I'm just opening my testudo pack (rome 2) with both PFM and RPFM, nothing else, just scroll down
    Good catch! Should be fixed now. If RPFM doesn't ask you to update schemas, go to "About/Check Schema Update" and it should automatically update the schema to the fixed version.

About the colored tables, there is no color coding because all of them are supposed to be fully editable. The only exception are the ones CA leaves there empty. Those throw an error when you try to open them. They are useless.

And about the custom folder,... you'll be surprised how many people in warhammer games (where RPFM started) mod in /data. For now, for "personal" mods you can use the MyMod feature (works almost in the same way as in PFM), but yeah, a "open from custom folder" setting can be added.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.0.0 Released! Now with full support for Rome 2, partial support for Arena, reworked "Add From PackFile" feature, a manual that explains everything and more!

So with Arena support being read only, does that mean you can extract and use/view the unit's rigidmodels, or nah?
    Its a shame I've quit modding lol, I might've gotten off my arse and fixed up my old mods that used Arena models.

Patrician

Yep, you can open tables (the schema is incomplete though), you can extract rigidmodels, audio, textures.... whatever you want. All the data from Arena PackFiles is decrypted when you open the PackFiles (included that encrypted music.pack from Rome 2), so whatever you extract it should be in the right format. After that.... it's up to you how to use it.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.1.0 Released! Now with Search&Replace, Global Search, a ton of QoL new features and some impressive performance improvements!

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    Good catch! Should be fixed now. If RPFM doesn't ask you to update schemas, go to "About/Check Schema Update" and it should automatically update the schema to the fixed version.

About the colored tables, there is no color coding because all of them are supposed to be fully editable. The only exception are the ones CA leaves there empty. Those throw an error when you try to open them. They are useless.

And about the custom folder,... you'll be surprised how many people in warhammer games (where RPFM started) mod in /data. For now, for "personal" mods you can use the MyMod feature (works almost in the same way as in PFM), but yeah, a "open from custom folder" setting can be added.
    Ok thx

Have to say that the search feature is really useful!
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Have to say that the search feature is really useful!
    Glad to hear that!

And another update. It was supposed to be a bugfix but.... there was more stuff, didn't wanted to split it... and all came into the update. So for the new 1.0.1, the changelog is here:
    Spoiler for 1.0.1

• Implemented Start Maximized setting.
    • Implemented Extend Last Column on DB Tables setting.
    • Implemented a kidna Typo-Checker for references in tables.
    • Fixed a bug that caused PackFiles saved with RPFM to sometimes, for some random people (it couldn't be less consistent this damn bug) crash the game on start.
    • Fixed a CTD when pressing Del while nothing is selected in the main TreeView.
    • Fixed some instances where you could overwrite the currently open PackedFile by adding another with the same name.
    • Changed the default Add Row shortcut in tables so it doesn't overrule the Select All.
    • Now you can delete/rename PackedFiles while there is one open, just you can't do it to the one open.
    • A ton of internal cleaning/reworking, very needed after all the reworks it has received in the last few months.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.0.1 Released! Now with full support for Rome 2, partial support for Arena, reworked "Add From PackFile" feature, a manual that explains everything and more!

Cool!

Patrician

Another bugfix (1.0.2) released. Full changelog here:

• Fixed a bug in the Add from PackFile feature that can create corrupted PackFiles.
    • Fixed the Add from PackFile TreeView losing focus after adding a PackedFile.
    • Fixed the size of some dialogs in windows.
    • Fixed a situation where you couldn't add anything to a new PackFile.
    • Fixed weird Float numbers in DB Tables (0.05000004 now is 0.05).

Patrician

talking about rome 2, is there the possibility to fully decode db > political_action/dilemma/incidents_junction_tables or they are simply hardcoded?
    sorry for the answer but i have no idea about such things.

thx anyway, your work is greatly appreciated

Patrician

Those tables are not hardcoded, it's just they are empty and the game don't use them by default, and I can't decode a table without data (at least not as fast as the tables with data). There are like 400 tables like that per game. If you really want to make use of those tables, I can try to decode them when I have some free time.

Patrician

oh, well, if you can do it, it will be much appreciated 'cause i think they could lead to an overhaul of rome 2 intrigues system, and could be a juicy thing for DeI, especially.
    let me know if, when you'll have time and will, you're able/it is possible to do that.
    thx
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 29, 2018 at 04:38 PM.

Patrician

an update about the tables: the three of them are unexportable (Bob complains about missing command to export those specific tables) so they are effectively undecodeable, and I guess the game doesn't even read them. Sorry about that.

Patrician

ah ok, the same said genreless here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Thread/page5
    anyway it's quite strange, probably they are some sort of reference of some hardcoded script

thank you a lot

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.1.0 Released! Now with Search&Replace, Global Search, a ton of QoL new features and some impressive performance improvements!

And another update (1.1.0) released! This is a big one, because we have now so many features (part reimplemented from PFM, part new from RPFM) that I can stop saying we have less features than PFM! Yay! And here is the changelog:

• Implemented Open From Content feature, to quickly open mods downloaded from the Workshop.
    • Implemented Open From Data feature, to quickly open PackFiles from the /data folder.
    • Implemented Undo/Redo support for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented Search & Replace feature for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented Global Search feature (only DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles are included in the search).
    • Implemented Apply Prefix to Selected feature.
    • Implemented Apply Prefix to All feature.
    • Implemented Paste to Fill Selection feature for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.
    • Implemented Copy to LUA table feature for DB Tables.
    • Implemented Check With Kailua feature for Lua Scripts (only for Warhammer 2).
    • Implemented Expand/Collapse All feature for all TreeViews (shortcuts are Ctrl++ and Ctrl+-).
    • Implemented Open with External Program feature.
    • Implemented a Dependency Manager (experimental, read the manual to know how to use it).
    • Brutally improved PackFile's opening times, from nearly 4s to less than 1s (for a 36mb PackFile).
    • Brutally optimized the Smart Delete feature (Now it takes 12s to delete 5k rows, instead 13.2 minutes).
    • Filters for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles now remember the last setting they had for every specific file, until you change the opened PackFile.
    • Optimized the Optimize PackFile feature (now it optimizes with more optimized logic).
    • Improved a bit the error report you get when trying to import a TSV of a different version of your table.
    • Horizontal scrolling for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles is now per pixel instead per cell (it's smoother).
    • Fixed missing animations in Add From PackFile TreeView.
    • Fixed CTD if you try to open an empty file as a DB Table.
    • Fixed missing status bar description for some actions from the Special Stuff menu.
    • Updated the Manual to 1.1.0.
    • More stuff I forgot about.

I really like the global search feature.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.1.1 Released! Now with Search&Replace, Global Search, a ton of QoL new features and some impressive performance improvements!

Update 1.1.1 released to fix a couple of CTDs. One when clicking in loc results from the global search, and another one when trying to open a packfile from "Open From ..." submenus.