Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.1.1 Released! With Troy support, templates, animpack support, and more!

Small hotfix released (2.1.1) to fix a few bugs that slipped in 2.1.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.1.5 Released! With Troy support, templates, animpack support, and more!

A lot of things happend in the last few weeks, and I finally got time to update the thread: RPFM got 4 hotfix updates more, and it now has an autoupdater, with beta and stable channels. I'm going to be releasing new features in the beta channel first, so it doesn't happen that everything breaks again on launch. Also, if you want to opt out of beta, just change the update channel to stable in the settings, check update, and the autoupdater should trigger. Oh, and I've decided to change the focus of the next update a bit. I'm now focusing on 2.x missing features from 1.6, and QoL improvements over big features and reworks, so if you have any suggestion for small changes, this is the time to speak!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.1.5 Released! With Troy support, templates, animpack support, and more!

I honestly have no clue how modding the warscape engine works, but maybe this tool is going to get me into it. Don't forget to make a post in the Troy forum linking to this thread.

Any howto links for a noob, perhaps? Not interested in models, scripting would be my thing.

Hey, thanks for your work. I have a possibly silly question, can RPFM view the mods made for a TW game that is not installed on the pc? Eg: can I view the pack file of a mod made for Warhammer 2 if I only have R2 installed? When I try this I'm getting an error like "This file is not a valid Packfile." I was asking around about whether this was possible, and some very stubborn people insisted that this was possible with RPFM and that I was doing something wrong. Just wanted to double check

Blog Entries

You should be able to do so by creating the entry for WH manually - create the necessary directory (...\wh\data should do) and place the pack file into it, then set the entry for the game via preferences (don' forget to save). That should then allow you to see the content of the pack file after selecting WH in the 'game selected' tab.

Patrician

Ok, schema updated for the 3k Furious update. Should popup to donwload when you start the program. If not, got to About/check schema updated and hit update when asked.

@gigantus For modding, I'll recommend you to go after some of the tutorials on https://tw-modding.com/, or really any tutorial done for PFM. The programs are similar enough that a tutorial for one should work for the other one. You can also take a look at magnar's tutorials on youtube. And about the program itself, there is a manual you can access from "About/Open Manual" that explains what most of the program does (though it's a bit outdated). And yeah, It's been a bad month (specially after the botched 2.1 release). I totally forgot about posting in the troy subforum.... though at this point I guess I better wait until I get their tables fully decoded.

@balparmak yes, you can open packfiles without having any game installed in RPFM. Can you send me the packfile that you can't open?

Blog Entries

Appreciate the link and all the info, let's see i I can do something sensible with it

Hi frodo, i am new here , i just download 2.1.5 and try to convert the Troy movies.pack , I am not really know how to use the tools , when i click the convert to CAMV or IVF it was nothing happend , when i was extract the files still got the format of ca_vp8. what should i do if i want a playable format ?

could you give me few guide please ?

Patrician

you have to convert it to ivf hitting the respective button, then extract it. Then it should be playable in a video player, though you'll still need vp8 codecs to reproduce it. But I haven't tested troy videos, only warhammer and 3k ones, so not sure it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    you have to convert it to ivf hitting the respective button, then extract it. Then it should be playable in a video player, though you'll still need vp8 codecs to reproduce it. But I haven't tested troy videos, only warhammer and 3k ones, so not sure it'll work.

Sorry , is there have anything i was wrong ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TWT1.png   twt2.png   twt3.png   twt4.png  

Patrician

No, that's the video exported correctly. Now try to reproduce it in vlc or other video player that supports vp8 and done.

appreciate ! by the way the movie itself wasn't including the audio ?

Patrician

The CA_VP8 video files don't include audio. That's on separate files.

Roger , thanks a lot !

Patrician

And yet another update, 2.2, released. This time the focus has been stability (2.0 and specially 2.1 were way more unstable than I'll like) and QoL improvements. A ton of bugs and CTD's have been fixed, quite a few small but requested features have been implemented, and the diagnostics tool has finally been finished. It does what the old dependency checker did, but way better, and it checks a lot more stuff than before. For example, it can find empty rows, places where you put a \\n or \\t wrong, duplicated keys,... and report them to you in an easy to see way.

So, to keep it short: this update is less "big features" and more to polish RPFM and make it run as stable as it should. Enjoy!

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.2.1 Released! With a diagnostic tool to find problems in your mod to fix, autosaves, and a lot of small QoL improvements and fixes!

And... RPFM 2.2.1 released. It fixes a very timing-specific crash after editing tables and a few minor bugs. Enjoy!

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.2.1 Released! With a diagnostic tool to find problems in your mod to fix, autosaves, and a lot of small QoL improvements and fixes!

Hi
    I noticed in last version that if I add something then RPFM auto-expand folders. eg. if I add full db folder from my assembly kit, then RPFM auto-expand db folder and all subfolders, it's annoying, it's possible to turn off this?
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

there is a button for that "auto expand matches" at the bottom left, are you sure you didn't click it without noticing?

I thought about it firstly, but looks that it not this :/
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Is there a possibility to integrate esf modding (like for the startpos.esf) in to RPFM? Like the way PFM does?