Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.5 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

Jake, about that, I'll check it later. Been very busy last week and when I booted up my windows machine excel died...... But as I said, the only checking RPFM does it to ensure the values you want to paste are valid values for those fields. If it's not pasting.... You can try to paste it into a text file in notepad++ or similar, and see what did excel copy. Other than that, it'll have to wait until my excel works again.

And another thing, the TODO list for RPFM is now public and can be checked here: https://github.com/Frodo45127/rpfm/p...ullscreen=true
    I'm pretty sure some stuff is missing, but that's the "V1" version of the list. I'll check it later to ensure all the stuff is there.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.5 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

Just a stupid question.
    It is possible to lower "tab" spacings? I mean the space tab button covers.
    I use a lot of tabs for scripts and into RPFM tab is really wide.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Just a stupid question.
    It is possible to lower "tab" spacings? I mean the space tab button covers.
    I use a lot of tabs for scripts and into RPFM tab is really wide.
    Sorry, busy month I got. Yeah, it's in the todo list, as part of the Text Editor improvements. You can check the list on github (on the repo, go to projects, and the only one there is the todo list) to check if there is something you want not in there yet.

And something more, poll for you guys to vote about the next updates: https://www.patreon.com/posts/24255087

PD: Got told that if used just for informational purposes (not for asking money) patreon links are allowed, so If there are no problems I'll start posting here polls and dev blog updates.

Patrician

Sorry for that excel thing, I figured out how to do, I was simply used to PFM, where you can paste into an empty page.
    With RPFM you just have to select cells.

Speaking of which, would you add a "insert multiple rows", so you can choose how many to add?

PS. Dark Theme is awesome , I've changed notepad ++ to be black, after it.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Sorry for that excel thing, I figured out how to do, I was simply used to PFM, where you can paste into an empty page.
    With RPFM you just have to select cells.

Speaking of which, would you add a "insert multiple rows", so you can choose how many to add?

PS. Dark Theme is awesome , I've changed notepad ++ to be black, after it.
    The insert multiple rows feature was removed due to ui issues. If I manage to fix it in a.... not weird way, It'll be back.

In the last week's poll, smaller but faster updates won, so here's the next update (1.4.0). Big stuff it's that I finally got the last two games (Empire and Nappy) supported, so I can say PFM no longer surpass RPFM in supported games (one long term objective done!!!!!). And the support is better (RPFM can read encrypted/compressed PackFiles). Sadly, as I say, this update is small, and the schemas took most of the dev time for it..... Anyway, the new changes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Implemented complete support for Napoleon.
    • Implemented complete support for Empire.
    • Implemented a Live Filter for the Folder TreeView.
    • Now you can see what tables/columns reference to a column by hovering the column's title with the mouse.
    • Improved behavior when dealing with compressed/encrypted PackFiles.
    • Many small fixes and changes.

Also, as a side note, I've been doing some experiments with GPG, so there are now signatures you can check the downloads against if you're into that. If I haven't break them, of course.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.4.0 Released! Now with full support for Empire and Napoleon, and a Live Filter for PackedFiles!

YEAH!!!!!!!
    PACK FILES FILTER!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 03, 2019 at 08:31 AM.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.4.1 Released! Now with full support for Empire and Napoleon, and a Live Filter for PackedFiles!

Aaaannnd here it comes the obligatory bugfix (1.4.1). It fixes the crash when you hit the "Save as..." button, after it saves the PackFile.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.4.1 Released! Now with full support for Empire and Napoleon, and a Live Filter for PackedFiles!

Great you added ETW support! Thanks

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

I can only echo what Quintus said. "Great you added ETW support! Thanks", first glance looks very clean, and quick so thanks once again
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Now that my version is up to date, I can congratulate you for this great tool. Very smooth and comprehensive. I still wish that we had a menu like PFM to quickly hide column on which we do not work. It takes a long time to hide all the column we don't need to see. Looking forward to see this feature and one of the future update!

Keep up the good work, it's really good!
    Last edited by R.P. Gryphus; February 17, 2019 at 07:45 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyFogFiggy View Post
    Now that my version is up to date, I can congratulate you for this great tool. Very smooth and comprehensive. I still wish that we had a menu like PFM to quickly hide column on which we do not work. It takes a long time to hide all the column we don't need to see. Looking forward to see this feature and one of the future update!

Keep up the good work, it's really good!
    Yeah, you're not the only one that doesn't like that. It's one of the things I want to change, but haven't found a way to "integrate it" into the ui. And glad you like it!

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.4.2 Released! Now with far better reference data for DB files, a way to unsort tables, and plenty of needed fixes.

Update 1.4.2 Released! With a way to get a ton more of reference data for DB (now the blue columns when you have the dependency checker enabled should be normal with combos), a way to unsort tables (so you don't have to exit a table to unsort it) and plenty of fixes:
    Spoiler for 1.4.2

• Implemented a new Generate PAK File Special Feature for all games except Empire and Napoleon.
    • Divided the Remember Column State setting into multiple individual settings.
    • Added a new Check for Missing Table Definition setting to the Settings window.
    • Now you can unsort a table by clicking his column header 3 times (sort asc, sort desc, unsort).
    • Fixed multiple Special Stuff actions for Shogun 2, Napoleon and Empire doing nothing and showing no status tip.
    • Fixed a CTD when trying to Search&Replace case insensitive data in a DB Table/Loc.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Settings/Shortcuts to get weird if you hit Restore Default then "Cancel`.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the This column is referenced in X table to not popup when hovering the column header of a referenced column.
    • Some internal changes as preparation for a future cleanup.

Citizen

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.4.2 Released! Now with far better reference data for DB files, a way to unsort tables, and plenty of needed fixes.

Again, great work. RPFM runs smoothly and is much better to use as PFM.
    Sadly, even with small changes (I changed the spawning window for a historical character, only 1 year changed) and saved the .pack file it leads to a DB-Files related crash of ETW on the startup window. It seems like RPFM writes the tables in a way ETW can't read, but that's just a guess.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Again, great work. RPFM runs smoothly and is much better to use as PFM.
    Sadly, even with small changes (I changed the spawning window for a historical character, only 1 year changed) and saved the .pack file it leads to a DB-Files related crash of ETW on the startup window. It seems like RPFM writes the tables in a way ETW can't read, but that's just a guess.
    What table is the broken one? I ensured all tables where decoded properly but, as you said, it's possible a table got a wrong schema. Feel free to report the table and I'll take a look to it.

Citizen

It was the historical_characters table. Thanks for taking a look at it.
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; February 26, 2019 at 03:32 PM.

Patrician

Little (relatively) devblog post about what's being worked on, and what's already done for the next release: https://www.patreon.com/posts/25409175

It also includes a "beta" for testing some of the new improvements at the end of the post. Keep in mind it's beta, but it's been released for a day already and got 0 bug reports, so it should be relatively stable.

And Quintus, sorry for not replying. Still have to check that, as the last two weeks I have being doing two pretty big internal rewritings (explained a bit in the post). I barely had time to check other stuff. I'll tell you when I found something about the empire tables.

I don't know if it is a bug, but sometime when I open up RPFM, I need to hide again every colum I'm not working on or those I simply don't one to see. I check in the preferences menu so that RPFM remember my setting, but sometimes it erases everything and need to do it all over again to make it more readable. But of course it would be faster to just hide the colum by keeping the menu to select them open when clicking on it, it would not be much of a big problem.

Patrician

The "menu that hides after clicking" thing is something I want to improve, but have yet to do. About the program forgetting the hidden columns, IŽll investigate it. Unless some very specific situations happen (like renaming the packfile) it should never happen if you have the setting marked.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

A little late to the party, but I wanted to say thank you for this excellent application! Works like a gem so far, only had one case where it didn't want to open a table for some reason.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    A little late to the party, but I wanted to say thank you for this excellent application! Works like a gem so far, only had one case where it didn't want to open a table for some reason.
    Plus one. It's perfect for me, so far