Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.1 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

Frodo, thank you for all the time you've put into this! I really enjoy the interface and other features you've added over the traditional PFM.

I'm having trouble adding negative values in the tool though. I can copy/paste negative values written outside of the tool, but there seems to be no way to enter values below zero just using the tool itself. It's not clear to me if it's user error, or perhaps a bug. I appreciate your time.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.1 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

Hey man, I’ve been using RPFM for some time now and I must say that you’re killing it. Great to see people in the community still trying to improve upon systems and tools.

As stated above me, the toggle box for numerical values isn’t function properly, as negative entries are not allowed. I am also wondering if the spin box is quite necessary. To be honest, the one improvement I always wanted with PFM was to be more functional and efficient - similar to excel. Not sure your long term direction with RPFM, but if you do decide to work towards the usability of a spreadsheet, maybe losing the spinbox and improving the formula system would help! Thanks a ton

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

The spinbox not allowing negatives seems indeed to be a bug. I'll see if I can fix it later today.

Not sure your long term direction with RPFM, but if you do decide to work towards the usability of a spreadsheet, maybe losing the spinbox and improving the formula system would help!
    The current plan is to make RPFM able to edit the files in a basic but easy to use and kinda complete way. Good enough for most usecases. And if you want something more powerful, export to tsv and use excel. Basically, to make it a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. You can use it to manipulate all the stuff, but if you want to do some more complex/serious changes, use an specialized tool. So no, there are no plans to go with a formula-based spreadsheet. And the main reason the spinbox is there is not to manipulate numbers, but to block people from writting letters in a numeric field. Was quite a pain to deal with before I found the way to do validation in cells.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    The spinbox not allowing negatives seems indeed to be a bug. I'll see if I can fix it later today.

The current plan is to make RPFM able to edit the files in a basic but easy to use and kinda complete way. Good enough for most usecases. And if you want something more powerful, export to tsv and use excel. Basically, to make it a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. You can use it to manipulate all the stuff, but if you want to do some more complex/serious changes, use an specialized tool. So no, there are no plans to go with a formula-based spreadsheet. And the main reason the spinbox is there is not to manipulate numbers, but to block people from writting letters in a numeric field. Was quite a pain to deal with before I found the way to do validation in cells.....
    Could you at least consider a standard formula systems like PFMs? The current one leaves much to be desired, even for quick edits when you aren’t fully working in excel.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Could you at least consider a standard formula systems like PFMs? The current one leaves much to be desired, even for quick edits when you aren’t fully working in excel.
    Define "standard formula systems like PFMs". Do you mean the "Mass-Edit strings" and the "Apply Expression" features? Because other than that, I don't remember PFM having an excel-like formula system.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    Define "standard formula systems like PFMs". Do you mean the "Mass-Edit strings" and the "Apply Expression" features? Because other than that, I don't remember PFM having an excel-like formula system.
    ‘Apply formula’ or as it’s called in RPFM ‘apply maths’. PFM is just a standard x = function input formula, which is still very useful. RPFM’s seems more like a very inefficient and basic calculator. Don’t mean to come off as rude with any of this, I’m just very fond of your manager and an improvement in this area would make my need for PFM practically non-existent

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.5 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

ah, you meant that. The way you worded it I though you wanted the tables to be full excel-like with things like "write here the result of cell B3 + cell S2" or something like that. That's out of the scope of RPFM. But extending apply maths to also accept complex formulas can be done. I'll add it to the todo list.

And another bugfix (1.3.2) released. This fixes the issue with the spinboxes not allowing negative numbers, a CTD related with adding empty rows to a table and reloading it, and an issue in the read PackFile logic for certain PackFiles. Hope no more big bugs show up. Having to do three releases in three days is not something I like.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.2 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

well, it happens sometimes...

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.5 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

And another one (1.3.3) released, with even more fixes...:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Implemented a "Disable combos in tables" setting, so baldy can shut up.
    • Fixed a bug that caused combos to "forget" their current value if that value wasn't originally in the combo.
    • Fixed a hang when using the "MyMod/Install" feature.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the MyMod menu options to be disabled when you just created a MyMod.
    • Heavily optimized the "Delete Row" and "Smart Delete" features for DB Tables and Loc PackedFiles.

And what I hope is the last bugfix of the 1.3 series has been released (1.3.4), with a fix for a CTD introduced in 1.3.3.

Schemas has been updated to work with Warhammer 2 beta coast patch (A.K.A the Festag patch). If a popup doesn't show up asking you to update the schemas, go to "About/Check Schema Updates" and hit "Update" when asked.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.4 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

Hey man, thanks for the tool that is compatible with Shogun 2. It is far superior to PFM and so fast. I love it. This is now my main tool together with the official modding tools of CA. It's a must have tool.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.3.4 Released! Now with full support for Shogun 2 and Thrones of Britannia, a reworked undo/redo system, combos (finally, they're back) and a metric ton of bugs fixed.

I've just seen there might be an update for Rome's schemas, there was a 5 > 6 in the pop up window.
    What that's about, if I may ask?

Patrician

It was just a fix for a table from Warhammer 2 that had 2 columns swapped. But as that table it's in all schemas, I fixed it in all of them, just in case one of the other games uses it.

Patrician

Ah, ok, thx.

Patrician

Another schema update for all games except Arena that fixes multiple tables with columns swapped/misplaced. Currently, all Warhammer 1&2 tables have been revised. Shogun2/Rome2/Attila/Thrones will take a bit more time. As always, if a popup doesn't show up asking you to update the schemas, go to "About/Check Schema Updates" and hit "Update" when asked.

Also, after this some Vanilla Warhammer 1 tables will still have red cells if you have the dependency checker enabled. That's due to a bug in the code. The schema part of the fix is done. The code part of it will come in 1.3.5.

And another bugfix (1.3.5) release. This is a big one, as it includes plenty of bugs fixed, schemas updated and revised (including schemas updated for yesterday's thrones patch) and a ton of internal cleaning. Also, thanks to CA's Tools Team RPFM can now decompress compressed PackedFiles! The full changelog is:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Implemented initial support for compressed PackedFiles (only decompression for now).
    • Updated RPFM's code to use Rust 2018 edition.
    • Restructured a lot of code to be more consistent.
    • Improved decryption logic (opening a 300mb PackFile has come down from 25s to 9s).
    • Fixed a bug that caused PackedFiles to not open under certain circustances.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Global Search feature to load to memory useless data.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Global Search feature to not work when used with Load All CA PackFiles.
    • Fixed a bug that caused very specific PackFiles to not open.
    • Fixed missing references in Warhammer 1 tables.
    • Fixed all instances of reference columns misplaced in tables, for all supported games.
    • Fixed a bug in the "Apply Maths to Selection" feature that could cause operations with floats to not work properly.
    • Fixed certain very rare bug that could theoretically cause RPFM to save incomplete PackFiles.
    • Fixed a few hangs when trying to add files/folders to a MyMod.
    • Fixed a ton of Clippy warnings (about 400).
    • Fixed little bugs here and there. Now their legs work again.

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 02, 2019 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

There is one thing I'm not able to do: paste various values.
    I always work in excel and then paste modded things into PFM/RPFM.
    But with PFM it will automatically paste any cell you have copied into excel, while with RPFM you can't paste more than a line per time.
    I've tried using also the right click commands but nothing changes.
    Could be I haven't understand how to do this.
    May you explain, please?

Patrician

Do you use the last version (1.3.5) or an older one? There was a bug in an old version that caused something like that, but was fixed some time ago.

Patrician

Im using 1.3.5, I've tried in many ways but I'm not able to, it pastes just one line even if you selected a lot of.

EDIT: I can do that in some tables, (main_unit_tables) but not in others (effect_budles in general) - speaking of rome2

PS: main_unit_tables miss the search option for the first row "unit"
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; December 30, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

To tag along with Jake, also had to start using PFM again because the ‘apply maths’ feature consistently fails to apply subtracting values

Patrician

Jake, just to be sure, are the columns in the TSV (row 2) in the exact same order than in RPFM? RPFM exports the TSV files in their real order (the one they're encoded) because that's the only way I have to ensure all the data belongs to that specific table (because otherwise you can reorder two columns and break the TSV import). I know for a fact that effects_bundle have the same visual and real orders, but main_units don't. Also, just tested with effects_bundle in libreoffice (don't have excel at hand right now) and it works as it should.

And no, the unit column is not missing from the search/filter dropdowns. Those dropdowns are again in the real column order, not in the visual one. Which means "Unit" it's in the middle of the list, not at the begining.

And Scipio, that's a known bug, only affecting float fields. The whole feature it's going to be reworked for the next update to be able to do more operations than just +-*/, so....

Patrician

Excel is fundamental to me.
    My problem is that I can't simply ctrl c ctrl v from excel. I select cells in excel (in the same column ofc) and then copy/paste (with keyboard or with your right click functions) into RPFM but it doesn't work. I can only paste one cell per time.
    Cells can be normal values (integer or not) or functions (something like *0,5 of another cell).
    In PFM it works.

It's not a great problem to be honest, I always use RPFM for quite everything and when I have to copy the things I've made in excel, I do it with PFM.