Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 4.0.0 Released!

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.6.2 Released! Now with frozen columns!

New DevBlog Post, with info about the current state of RPFM 2.0, and finally, first 2.0 real public alpha, so you can test it. Just keep in mind its just for getting feedback, NOT INTENDED FOR FULL MODDING USE. So back up your packs if you're going to use it. Also, in the post there are a list of things still broken, in case you want to report a bug. Oh, and this alpha includes the CLI tool, so you can start tinkering with it too. Enjoy the reading and, if you don't mind, I have a hellish headache, so I'll rest for today.

PD: Almost forgot, the link to the post with the beta: Edited....

PD2: This beta includes the working translation system so, if you want to translate RPFM, just rename the English_en.ftl file under locale to your language (for example, Spanish_sp.ftl, first the name of the language, second the 2 character code for the language) and start translating. Just keep in mind the english localisation will probably keep changing until 2.0 is done, so... beware of updates.

EDIT: Turns out that, according to the rules, now I cannot put patreon links in other than the OP post, despite not advertising donations in any way on it, soo... check the OP for the post link.
    Last edited by Frodo45127; January 21, 2020 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Moved link to OP.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 1.6.2 Released! Now with frozen columns!

Have just downloaded RPFM and I want to use it for ETW. What is required to use RPFM?

Using Windows 7 Home 64-bit with .NET 4.6.x I think it was and have the latest Java installed.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician

Any Windows 64-bit since 7 should be enough to run it. Or 32-bit, if you feel brave and compile it yourself for it. No extra stuff required, at least as far as I know.

Thanks for the information.

The short time I had it open I notice one thing. Where is the "Export as TCV" command? In PFM it's at the top just below the name bar, but in RPFM I dunno where it is.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician

It's in the context menu of any DB Table/Loc PackedFile. Open them, right-click anywhere inside the table, and should be there. For mass-import export, it's in the right-click menu of the PackFile TreeView, at the left, though you may have to configure the game paths in the settings for it to work.

Ah, so there it is no wonder why I couldn't find it earlier.

In comparison to PFM I find the "Export to TSV" command to be more user friendly, but I guess that it all comes down to what one are used to.

Patrician

I kinda forgot to announce it here (2.0 development is getting intense now that it's so close to end) but the day the last 3k update came out, the schemas where updated to support it. As always, about/check schema update if RPFM doesn't notify you first.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Hi,

I've just started replaying NTW during this pandemic, and I noticed that since the last time I played and now, its been turned into the definitive edition. I found an old harddrive with all the mods I used to use, but it appears that Napoleon is only loading some of these mods. I used to fiddle a bit back in the day with PFM, and I'm thinking this is the correct path towards resurrecting my old mods that aren't working anymore. I'll check back in in a bit. Thanks for helping to keep modding for the oldies still viable.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Patrician

Little update: New RPFM 2.0 indev update released, now moved from alpha to beta, which means it's buggy and has missing features, but it's stable enough you can use it to mod. Link is in the main post, in the lastest devblog.

Quote Originally Posted by klesh View Post
    I used to fiddle a bit back in the day with PFM, and I'm thinking this is the correct path towards resurrecting my old mods that aren't working anymore. I'll check back in in a bit. Thanks for helping to keep modding for the oldies still viable.
    I suggest that you stick with PFM 1.5.9, otherwise you might face the same issue another guy had.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15881366

Patrician

Another 2.0 beta released, a bit rushed due to a Loc-corrupting bug. If you are using the beta, specially with Napoleon/Empire, update ASAP to the new beta. Link is in the main post, in the last devblog post.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    Another 2.0 beta released, a bit rushed due to a Loc-corrupting bug. If you are using the beta, specially with Napoleon/Empire, update ASAP to the new beta. Link is in the main post, in the last devblog post.
    Hello Ismael Aka Frodo,
    I am new to RPFM referring your your manual but dont know how to get this thing work to edit unit stats for Napoleon TW DE.
    I tried with PFM but it didnt showed any changes. But now I am stuck here and need a guide/ steps to edit the stuff.

Please help or give me a link to start the work.

Patrician

For that I think you should search in the napoleon subforums. I started modding in shogun 2, never tried napoleon/empire. But the usual way is you create a new packfile, add a table from one of the packs of the game, change things, save it in /data, then make sure the mod is enabled in the mod loader of the game.

Patrician

News: Schemas updated to support the new Wh2 update. As always, if it doesn't ask you to update go to about/check schema update and hit update when asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127 View Post
    News: Schemas updated to support the new Wh2 update. As always, if it doesn't ask you to update go to about/check schema update and hit update when asked.
    Thank you for update. finally, i can update my personal units mod.

the agent_recruitment_categories_tables doesn't open just gives a error while trying to decode the DB table

Patrician

That table seems to open correctly for me, and I just pushed an schema update to fix the region_vampire_something table not opening, that I seem to have missed yesterday.

Hi, first of all, thank you for you programm, it's great, i work faster than with PFM. I have a question, about RPFM work with LOC files, it's text files. When i try to open localisation.loc file, RPFM tried to load and it's not working, programm doesn't answer.

UPD. Sorry, it was fixed with 2.0 beta. Now everything work fine)
    Last edited by faber_avgust; May 23, 2020 at 01:52 PM.

Patrician

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.0.0 Released! With a fully rewritten codebase, and a ton of new features!

And the final RPFM 2.0.0 update is out! This update is biiiig and it's recommended you update to it before the next game update, because with this update ends support for 1.6 and older schemas. Link in the main post, with changelog included. Finally, after 11 months of development, I can rest..... time to make a new mod.

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) 2.0.0 Released! With a fully rewritten codebase, and a ton of new features!

In version 2.0, I can't find a way to apply mathematical expressions to a selected range of db table cells.

Tried the manual, but unsuccessfully. Please help.