Thread: Map CTD

Default Map CTD

I dont know how active the forum is or am i going to get help but i need help, I have been getting a CTD while scrolling the map, always the same place, Tunis and Sicily, I am playing as rome and for about 70 turns everything was fine but this is destroying my campaign. Most of the previous save games have this same error except the ones some 30 turns back which offcourse is a pain in the ass to revert to.

I am using the latest XC installation and have discovered that my map.rwm in the campaign folder is empty, as in has the size of 0 KB, but the one in the base folder is fine (around 7MB), could this be the issue?? If anyone can lend hand I would be very gratefull.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Map CTD

Sorry for late response. I will try my best solve problem for you.

Which version you play? What is your install option? So I could identified and fix your problem. This problem look like what we have in older version of mod so I must ask which version you install (file name please). If it is alpha version, I must apology that you may download version that complete at that time, I could compile most recent alpha for you but you may also encounter some problem if you choose install option wrongly.

XC not use map.rwm in campaign folder of main campaign, it using one from base folder. Which campaign you play?

Is there any other area of map that have this problem?

If problem is not from map, it could coming from building with wrong faction creator exist in settlements in the area. (faction creator of settlement could not build and no ui for it yet it was placing in descr_strats.txt without seperate faction creator).
    Last edited by Suppanut; February 26, 2018 at 04:26 AM.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dumcan View Post
    I dont know how active the forum is or am i going to get help but i need help, I have been getting a CTD while scrolling the map, always the same place, Tunis and Sicily, I am playing as rome and for about 70 turns everything was fine but this is destroying my campaign. Most of the previous save games have this same error except the ones some 30 turns back which offcourse is a pain in the ass to revert to.

I am using the latest XC installation and have discovered that my map.rwm in the campaign folder is empty, as in has the size of 0 KB, but the one in the base folder is fine (around 7MB), could this be the issue?? If anyone can lend hand I would be very gratefull.
    Hi, also sorry for the late response but we are pretty busy with development ox XC5 right now.
    What you describe, sounds like a RAM deficit crash, or corrupted city model. A possible solution would be to reinstall XC (preferably redownload it too) and play with vanilla cities, not suppanut ones. It should work fine fine after that.

Thank you for your replies, well it turns out i wasnt running the latest XC version and I am sorry for misleading you. I am actually running the XC 4.11 with the following options:
    BI: Yes
    Alex: No
    Steam: No
    Movement Rates: Faster
    Landbridges: Off
    Border style: XC
    Red Line: On
    Prometheus Cities: Installed
    AI Bonuses: Unreduced
    Loyalty: On

I get that the custom cities might cause this but I would liko to know will my save games still work after reinstalling without the cities. The problem doesnt arise in any other part of the map. Thanks and I appreciate the fine work!

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dumcan View Post
    Thank you for your replies, well it turns out i wasnt running the latest XC version and I am sorry for misleading you. I am actually running the XC 4.11 with the following options:
    BI: Yes
    Alex: No
    Steam: No
    Movement Rates: Faster
    Landbridges: Off
    Border style: XC
    Red Line: On
    Prometheus Cities: Installed
    AI Bonuses: Unreduced
    Loyalty: On

I get that the custom cities might cause this but I would liko to know will my save games still work after reinstalling without the cities. The problem doesnt arise in any other part of the map. Thanks and I appreciate the fine work!
    As long as you reinstall the same version of XC and keep the same executable, loyalty and AI bonuses. There should be no save incompatibility. All the other options are mostly cosmetic

It worked! Thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply.

How to manually delete this custom cities? I Have same problem with XC5.

Scrolling CTD beetwen Bactria and Parthia

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Quote Originally Posted by Nautillus View Post
    How to manually delete this custom cities? I Have same problem with XC5.
    Mod has change since then, if you want to remove custom cities on strat map, you need to edit descr_cultures.txt. you may need to replacing some section of file with vanilla content. Alternatively you may need to change graphic setting and reduce some detail.

About scrolling CTD, please give me your savegame.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.