Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modding Service | Graphic Requests

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Modding Service | Graphic Requests

Esteemed members and modders, this thread has been created for your need about modding. This thread is not to replace the Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service thread which will still received your requests as by the past. This thread is not to replace the Modding Workshops of each Total War game either.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a modding service focusing on the graphic side of a mod. In here, we will take requests for UI, loading and menu screens and promotional banners for your mod.
    What we won't do are unit cards, buildings cards, unit models textures and similar things because it requiers quite a huge amount of time and we don't have the manpower to offer such kind of service.

To make life easy for all of us
    - Be precise in your request. Tell us the kind of work you need, his theme, the amount (mostly for loading screens), etc... The more details we get, the more we'll be able to satisfy you.
    - Don't make your request at the last minute. Some jobs can be done quickly, some others requier time. We also have to take care of other "artsie duties". So please, make your request as earlier as possible. For instance, if you ask for a set of 20 loading screens for your mod just a couple of days before its release, there's nothing we can do for you.

Important Notice: Art Staff are free to refuse any request at all - we're volunteers, and we have a limited amount of spare time to spend here, so it may not be possible for us to accept every request.

Don't hesitate to contact any of us if you have any question

Current Content Art Staff Members:

Please check here.
    Last edited by cedric37; April 28, 2020 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Content Staff Members List updated
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Default Re: Modding Service | Graphic Requests

Below, some examples of jobs already done

[Submod] Titanium t(hosted here).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Splash Screen
    Menu
    Faction symbols
    Greek strat UI
    Northern strat UI
    Middle-eastern strat UI
    Eastern European UI
    Southern European UI

[Submod] Unofficial Patch for TES:TW - Version 1.42 RELEASED (FINAL VERSION) (hosted here).

- Promotional Banners:

[Submod] Battle for Rome - Based on HBO "Rome" (hosted here).

- Loading Screens:
    - Menu Screen:
    - Loading bar:

Last edited by cedric37; March 26, 2020 at 10:57 AM. Reason: new UI
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I've requested this from you before Lifthrasir, but I can't work out where I posted that request. Anyways, could one of you please make me a 1920x1080 wallpaper for my mod This is Total War?
    Basically the mod features armies from Lord of the Rings, zombies, Antiquity, the Bronze Age, the Dark Age and the Medieval Ages. Screenshots of the units can be found here, if that helps.

The idea I had for it was something similar to Total War: Arena's wallpapers shown below.
    Perhaps just remove the logo from the first picture and add some fancy smoke and sparks or something? Or Sauron facing off against Julius Caesar? A Teutonic knight against a celtic barbarian? A Chinese crossbowman against a Roman legionary?

There's no rush because I haven't worked on the mod for about 2 months, but I WILL get back to it. Thanks
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; February 26, 2018 at 07:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Could it be by PM? Anyway, now it's recorded

A year and a half down the track and I've finally gotten around to working on this mod again.

This is what I've come up with.

Before

After

If you guys could create something fancier, that would be appreciated.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

An uncropped original pic would be handy but I'll see what I can do, any directions on what is needed ? Title ? Logo ?
    What is it ? A splash screen ?

Please give more details.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

I've got no idea where I got the original image from, so we're stuck with that low-res one since reverse google image searching it isn't yielding anything. Alternatively you could try using these pics.

Basically I'm looking for a 1920x1080 wallpaper for my mod This is Total War?
    The mod features armies from Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Antiquity, the Bronze Age, the Dark Age and the Medieval Ages. Screenshots of the units can be found here, if that helps.

The idea I had for it was something similar to Total War: Arena's wallpapers , or something like Sauron facing off against Julius Caesar, a Teutonic knight against a celtic barbarian or a Chinese crossbowman against a Roman legionary?

No logo/text is needed.
    It'll be an ingame wallpaper for the main menu, and loading screens. Eg https://i.imgur.com/yOwEYjD.jpg

Patrician Citizen

Okay, Cali, not sure if the below will please you, tell me if anything need adjustment (it is not a final version anyway)

--> click to enlarge
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

From my understanding, you need to be more fancy. Currently, we have a gallic helmet and a roman one, both from the Ancient Times.
    Remove one of them and replace it by one from Warhammer f.e.

PS: if you look for some good stuff about Warhammer, I suggest you to have a look on ArtStation. Many modelers who have worked on that opus show their models on that site
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 20, 2019 at 06:09 AM. Reason: link added

Thanks for the help cedric, here it is in-game. https://i.imgur.com/CWsX6d0.jpg
    It loses a bit of the richness of colour for whatever reason when being imported into the game but meh that can't be helped.

Do you have any ideas for a different background however? That background is a bit too metallic in texture (I like the colour of it though).

Edit: Nah I'm not a fan of a Warhammer helmet. A knight's helmet or the Witch King's or Sauron's from Lord of the Rings could work paired with the Gallic helm if you wanted to try something else.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; September 20, 2019 at 06:09 AM.

Blog Entries

You're the 'customer', so your choice

Patrician Citizen

Oki doki thanks for the feedback, I'll see what I can do pals

Patrician Citizen

Mmmm I could not find a HD render so this is just a preview (until I or someone find a HD render... )...
    Better ?

Of those two, I'd go with the first one.

Patrician Citizen

Well, I guess this is due to poor quality render of the Witch King helmet, if only I could find a good one.... still searching...
    And if we stick with the 1st one, for the metallic background, well we could use a wall of bricks, maybe with some blood on it ?

After seeing it ingame a few times, I reckon the purple metallic background from the first wallpaper is good because it fits with the purple/gold UI the mod is using.

For feedback, my issues with the Witch King version is that the entire wallpaper as a whole is too dark, and having the Witch King vs a Greek looks kinda silly when you actually see it lol.

Patrician Citizen

Ok then we're good ?

Yup, thanks. I'll post an update to the mod thread. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-is-Total-War

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

I dont require any services, just a friendly hello to our splendid graphics chaps,

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

By the way, do you want to put your signature on the wallpaper cedric?
    I've credited you on Steam and TWCenter, but just so people actually see who made it when they look at it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast