Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Curia more "efficient" since the Council (CdeC)was slung out on their ears?

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Is the Curia more "efficient" since the Council (CdeC)was slung out on their ears?

Many of you might know that I have been away over 4 years and before I went campaigned to get rid of the councillors.(CdeC) along with many others.
    Has this been better for TWC? and for the Citizens?

A blast from the past.....thank god for the HEXicoptor!

Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; February 20, 2018 at 09:53 PM.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Default Re: Is the Curia more "efficient" since the Council was slung out on their ears?

If you're referring to the CdeC, then no, it has not.

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: Is the Curia more "efficient" since the Council was slung out on their ears?

Quote Originally Posted by Séverus Sñape View Post
    If you're referring to the CdeC, then no, it has not.
    Is this just your personal opinion or the general consensus from the majority of citizens Ponti old bean??

Default Re: Is the Curia more "efficient" since the Council (CdeC)was slung out on their ears?

I'd like to say I speak for the Curia at large but I can't. This is only the opinion of one salty .

Default Re: Is the Curia more "efficient" since the Council (CdeC)was slung out on their ears?

I'd like to say I speak for the Curia at large but I can't. This is only the opinion of one salty .
    Ponti as much as you say you are a salty ect,or like to think you are? I see you as a somewhat cuddly teddy bear!

No, I am salty and I am a . This is well known

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Mhmmmmmm. No.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

The CdeC was before my time, which means we've been going fine for at least 3 years without it, efficiency-wise. Some occasionally say that it is sorely missed but they're in the minority, honestly.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

There’s no corruption, manipulation or out right bullying. Our current systems aren’t perfect but they are considerably more transparent, and even fun on occasion.

4 years.. Time flies. Coincidentally Ponti has only recently been active in the Curia, then you show up.. The force is balanced...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Efficiency is a vague when left undefined. The things that needs to be done are still done. However, more Citizens active in processes like for applicants for Citizenship directly, rather than active in electing folks to be active in the processes, I commend.
    CdeC was a ritual of participation at the expense of participation, and lacked, as Halie points at, transperency. I personally do not miss it.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I will point out that efficiency was not a motivating factor to CdeC's removal, at least not to my recollection of my proposal that eliminated it. I will also point out that you haven't defined what you mean by "efficiency" either, so how can we say if things are more "efficient" now if we don't know what yardstick you're using to measure things by.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    I will point out that efficiency was not a motivating factor to CdeC's removal, at least not to my recollection of my proposal that eliminated it. I will also point out that you haven't defined what you mean by "efficiency" either, so how can we say if things are more "efficient" now if we don't know what yardstick you're using to measure things by.
    Hello dear sir great to see you!....... I know "efficient" my not be the defining word I was looking for, but I think most members may get the "gist" of what I am asking as Halie clearly does.....

There’s no corruption, manipulation or out right bullying. Our current systems aren’t perfect but they are considerably more transparent, and even fun on occasion.

4 years.. Time flies. Coincidentally Ponti has only recently been active in the Curia, then you show up.. The force is balanced...
    And this is exactly the kind of thing that I what I want know from other members!

This new "Censor" thing is interesting at least. I'll be watching with my eyes peeled as they come to a few more citizen referral conclusions. Time will tell if this change is a good thing or if we must simply be more discriminating with regards to whom we allow to fill those roles. They're each invested with the authority of 6 CdeC members, after all.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

I would be in support of bringing back the CdeC, though it is a shame it would never see the light of day. Too many of the higher ups would oppose such an amendment

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

This new "Censor" thing is interesting at least. I'll be watching with my eyes peeled as they come to a few more citizen referral conclusions. Time will tell if this change is a good thing or if we must simply be more discriminating with regards to whom we allow to fill those roles. They're each invested with the authority of 6 CdeC members, after all.
    You won't see anything, unless the referred party decides to make the case public.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Referrals go public as they're disposed of, apparently. So I will see them.

Referrals go public as they're disposed of, apparently. So I will see them.
    When a Citizen is referred by other Staff or another Citizen, the referred is asked by the Curator whether they would like it archived privately or not at its conclusion. If they do not specifically answer that question, the default is to archive it privately. It will only be archived publicly if the referred (not the referrer - who is anonymous throughout the entire process to the referred and the Censors - nor the Triumvirate) explicitly gives permission for it.

I suppose the public option is in vogue then, much to my voyeuristic delight.

Quite. Though this may be more by accident than design. When I was Curator, I think most Citizens referred simply either did not read or fully understand the option to archive publicly, even if they were so inclined. A few times I think I tried to clarify with said members and still didn't get a definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Quite. Though this may be more by accident than design. When I was Curator, I think most Citizens referred simply either did not read or fully understand the option to archive publicly, even if they were so inclined. A few times I think I tried to clarify with said members and still didn't get a definitive answer.
    Oh that I could be curator! so that I could advise referred citizens, not to go public, just so that Ponti couldn't see them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast