Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Desert Kingdoms DLC Pack

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Desert Kingdoms DLC Pack

Empires of Sand, but this time for R2TW.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Desert Kingdoms DLC Pack

Is it me, or are they on some great quest to make RII more like Attila? They added features from Attila back into RII. I suspect they'll be releasing a DLC in three months similar to the Saxons and Vikings DLC for Attila.

It would be actually great if they started a thread, called RII fans what do you want?

I'll make a future prediction. The family tree will be added back into RII. If they're doing this with Thrones of Britannia, then there is a slight chance. Only a slight chance.

I really wished they add new music though.

I want a Bronze Age Campaign DLC like Empire Divided.

Now we have female leaders and unique dilemmas for them.

I suspect that had RII not been rushed, this DLC would have been more of a success by itself.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; February 20, 2018 at 10:09 AM.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Units look like fantasy cancer:

Also betting 200 bucks that they won't touch the disgusting regions of the "Aethiopia" province, which literally just consists of three equally sized pieces with some shaky borders so it doesn't look too Berlin 1885.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; February 20, 2018 at 10:38 AM.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

That free-LC is just too good to be true, I wouldn't have expected that from CA. I'm surprised that they are adding even more political features, some new diplomacy options and adding female characters who aren't just campaign agents (i.e. marriage action being useful, can actually marry other faction leaders, recruit female politicians (and generals for whose culture allow them, such as Celts / Germans / Nomads etc), finally implementing Queen Cleopatra and Teuta as a historical characters etc). These have been on my long list of things I have wanted since release for so many years. It's what got me interested in modding the game a year and half ago; I wasn't content with the state of the game and wanted to eventually do this stuff myself, but now (for these specific things) I don't have to!

As for the faction pack itself - focusing on parts of the grand campaign map which were severely neglected is alright, even though we could already add them in ourselves.

I thought that Empire Divided was going to be the final one, but I have been gladly proven wrong. I really, really hope they continue adding new content to this game - there are now only a few more things I'd want to see implemented / overhauled (e.g. naval combat) before I'd consider the base game to be properly finished.
    Last edited by Benjin; February 20, 2018 at 11:59 AM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

i was excited for half a second when i saw it announced but then i realized i can already play these factions in DEI...

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Im looking forward to this, even, when this means that i must rework my mods.^^
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

I am certainly not interested until they make proper DLC like Alexander to Rome2. I think we dont need just another re-skin pack.

I thought it was a reupload on YouTube for the desert kingdoms for Attila. I'm not buying it, unless it's on sale for a good amount. Even then I doubt I'll go back to play it!

It's free-lc? If so that's kinda cool, I wouldn't buy it otherwise. Maybe I will actually check it out then!
    Last edited by SturmChurro; February 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I thought it was a reupload on YouTube for the desert kingdoms for Attila. I'm not buying it, unless it's on sale for a good amount. Even then I doubt I'll go back to play it!

It's free-lc? If so that's kinda cool, I wouldn't buy it otherwise. Maybe I will actually check it out then!
    Where does the idea of free-lc come from? If anything it is actually more expensive than any previous faction packs, and I don't see a justification for that either (its €8 in presale on steam, the greek faction pack is €7,49)

I can't recall any recent topic here claiming we needed more (african/arabian) factions. Just a last ditch effort to squeeze some money out of rome 2, just like empire divided was after leaving the game for dead for almost 2 years.

A mod already unlocks these factions (if offcours it still works after all that CA has done), and this update will do nothing about the subpar implementation that was power and politics

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Where does the idea of free-lc come from? If anything it is actually more expensive than any previous faction packs, and I don't see a justification for that either (its €8 in presale on steam, the greek faction pack is €7,49)

I can't recall any recent topic here claiming we needed more (african/arabian) factions. Just a last ditch effort to squeeze some money out of rome 2, just like empire divided was after leaving the game for dead for almost 2 years.

A mod already unlocks these factions (if offcours it still works after all that CA has done), and this update will do nothing about the subpar implementation that was power and politics
    Oh I think I got mixed up with what a previous poster actually said. I haven't actually looked at the steam store or any update details, honestly not interested to.

That much?! For Rome 2? Just a faction pack? Definitely not buying!

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

This looks awful, and is coming almost four years on.

This was out of the blue. Looking forward to the new features the new patch brings. Put it on my wisklist and wait for a sale because dlc for Stellaris and EU4 for me is far more important for this year tbh.

Additionally, a free update will be coming alongside the Desert Kingdoms Culture Pack, which will add female leaders and generals to all campaign and factions. These include Cleopatra for Egypt and Teuta for Ardiaei. However, some women can only serve a social/political role or serve as generals according to their respective cultures like Roman or Greek. There will be a special “Cursus Honorum” path that follows the increase in “behind-the-stage” political influence of women for cultures where they cannot hold public offices.
    Read more at http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/3...SRru3s9ckL8.99

Let's Talk About It People

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

First cool note is, this is out of the blue sky...and that Rome2 might not be done yet. So Alexander could be down the line...

And as a second thought. Haters gonna hate....Really FLC new addition to Politics so just that is enough for me. And oh no, it is 0,5 EU more for this addition. Preordered Plus i bet there will be some minor tweaks as usually..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post

Empires of Sand, but this time for R2TW.
    What a welcome faction lock! I would have not wanted to play these factions in DeI anyway!

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

This has really taken me by surprise, but it's a very pleasant one. Don't know much about those factions, but looking forward to finding out. Plus I enjoy Ambusher factions, so Numidia looks like a fun addition to them. And the new features in the free update look to be building on the in my view excellent update that was Power & Politics. Wonder if the Female Leaders update applies to existing campaigns... if yes that's going to add another twist to my AAR.

As for those saying "oh I can play them in DEI..." Yes, and? You've had the opportunity to play the DEI team's take on these factions, and still will (though you're probably going to need this DLC to play them in DEI after it releases, which I know will be frustrating... but then again, the alternative would basically be piracy.) But some of us prefer vanilla or lightly modded, and so are looking forward to CA's take on these factions.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post

As for those saying "oh I can play them in DEI..." Yes, and? You've had the opportunity to play the DEI team's take on these factions, and still will (though you're probably going to need this DLC to play them in DEI after it releases, which I know will be frustrating... but then again, the alternative would basically be piracy.) But some of us prefer vanilla or lightly modded
    We all know who the real pirate is here. But seriously I did not know there was anyone in this cosmos that would play R2 as vanilla

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    We all know who the real pirate is here. But seriously I did not know there was anyone in this cosmos that would play R2 as vanilla
    With a couple of mods (mostly visual changes and a few gameplay ones to prevent it from being too easy), the vanilla experience is fine. It used to be dreadful but it's actually decent now.

If I have time and want a more challenging, longer campaign then yes, I turn to larger overhaul mods which add some new layers of depth (e.g. DeI).
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Shameless cashgrab. Nothing more

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast