Thread: DME won't work.

Laetus

Default DME won't work.

Hello, I just installed DME for the first time today, and I am looking forward to being able to play it! However, when I attempted to play it, it conflicted with ACW Brothers V Brothers. Stupid me, I didn't read the directions. First, I tried uninstalling ACW through programs. That didn't work. Then I uninstalled ETW and reinstalled. ACW was still there. Then I rolled my system back to before I installed ACW, but that didn't work either(??). Then, I restored my ETW folder to several months ago. That worked. However, DME still refuses to work for me. I have tried reinstalling several times, and I have most certainly gotten rid of ALL mods in the ETW folder. This is the best description I can give. I start the launcher, with default DME settings, and then hit play. I then get the following series of messages.

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\aum_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\msc_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\nvy_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\snd_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\unt_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs\skn_on'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Each one is in a separate message. (Ex: http://prntscr.com/igmzh7)
    After that, when I attempt to launch ETW, it immediately CTDs.

Any help would be appreciated, sorry if this is an easy issue that has been addressed before, if it was in the stickies I didn't see it.
    Thanks! -hge

Laetus

Default Re: DME won't work.

Don't know how to edit, so this will have to do. I assume that one fix would be to download the missing files separately and manually add them. Does anyone know of a good way to do that? Thx.

Laetus

Fixed

how it fixed?