Thread: Historical Figures and when they appear

Default Historical Figures and when they appear

Hi again I would like to ask a question about the historical figures who appear in this game. I remember checking it out and seeing that due to taking place during the 1150's if you say play as England you actually start with the famous Henry the 2nd as your king. I want to know if it is possible you also get Richard the 1st and even Prince john down the line as well and if other famous Medieval characters appear like Saladin and Robert the Bruce and others?

Default Re: Historical Figures and when they appear

Hi there, sorry for late answer...

Yes, BC is provided with a full list of historical characters who will appear while you go on with the campaign... there is a major character per faction, usually he comes with a strong army by his side, and special features for his person..

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Hi there, sorry for late answer...

Yes, BC is provided with a full list of historical characters who will appear while you go on with the campaign... there is a major character per faction, usually he comes with a strong army by his side, and special features for his person..
    So like say will Richard the Lionheart or Saladin appear at a time when they did in history and have a huge army along with them? And will Richard's older brother Henry the younger die before he became king leaving Richard the hair if you play events close to how they historically did?

As of now, I do not remember the events for the timeframe of England, although at start game the new English king gets the crown, and then If I recall well, Richard appears in England after the crusade...
    other historical characters too, yes, they appear with experienced armies usually in the timeframe when they were at peak of their influence (e.g Saladin, Baldwin IV, etc...)

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    ...other historical characters too, yes, they appear with experienced armies usually in the timeframe when they were at peak of their influence (e.g Saladin, Baldwin IV, etc...)
    Wouldn't you say that the "experienced armies" part would confer a sudden and great local advantage to the receiving faction?
    I mean Richard I did not appear suddenly in the political/military scene of England, he did not fall from the sky with a seasoned, hardened army, he gradually made himself the man he was in the end.
    Not to mention, being a prince before being a king was a great boost to his chances in becoming king as adversaries who defeated him would not destroy him (William Marshal).

hehe I see your point Pal, the development team chose in the past to give emphasis to these historical figures by spawning great armies with them, so they do difference...
    well, I mean, usually the human player can exploit them better, the AI instead has the usual deficiencies..

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Wouldn't you say that the "experienced armies" part would confer a sudden and great local advantage to the receiving faction?
    I mean Richard I did not appear suddenly in the political/military scene of England, he did not fall from the sky with a seasoned, hardened army, he gradually made himself the man he was in the end.
    Not to mention, being a prince before being a king was a great boost to his chances in becoming king as adversaries who defeated him would not destroy him (William Marshal).
    According to the manual historical figures and their armies will appear only if the recieving faction still holds its original capital, I guess to avoid giving dying faction a sudden advantage.

mmh, yes now that I remember the capital holding was a requirement for their spawning.. in any case there is a major character per faction, they can do difference though!