Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Source - New Europe Campaign Map

Default Re: Open Source - New Europe Campaign Map

Any news??

I have never understood why the modding community didn't use the potential of modding the S2TW... It is the only game that we can go that far with modifications after M2TW. Yet there is only one total conversation mod is alive which is ''Last Alliance: Total War''....

Well as I understand it's not super easy, plus scripting isn't too easy either, though I don't know to what extent it can be modified. Also there's the issue with siege maps modification, ai path finding etc. Not to mention importing skeletons and whatnot, which the LA has issues with as I understand, could be wrong though.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Well as I understand it's not super easy,
    It not that hard, just very annoying from time to time

plus scripting isn't too easy either,
    My mod atm works without any script, but shhh

Also there's the issue with siege maps modification,
    Well, just we need someone who would like to spend some time with damn walls

Not to mention importing skeletons and whatnot
    For mods in our world it not problem, it looks that Empire skeletons still works in Shogun, so add elephants or camel isn't that large problem. Problem is if you want add skeleton for e.g. troll, but I think that is also possible (just I don't know yet how to do it xD).

Generaly, Shogun 2 has very large modding potencial, but not have modders. Rome II and Attila also has so much problems and restriction (in some place larger than in Shogun 2 - e.g. campaign map), but there we have many modders who want work on it and breaking this problems and restriction.
    Last edited by Sara Temer; June 21, 2020 at 11:19 AM.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    Lately I worked on the walls a bit and could decode the coordinates of the "pipes", but wasn't able to get a working wall ingame though:

Image of how the pipes look like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pipe_test.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	361944

txt file with the coordinates:

pipe_climb_wood_09.txt

I have never understood why the modding community didn't use the potential of modding the S2TW... It is the only game that we can go that far with modifications after M2TW. Yet there is only one total conversation mod is alive which is ''Last Alliance: Total War''....
    Because it is sometimes really annoying - some things which worked in old games don't work anymore, other stuff only works in certain campaigns (eg. unique name for units in RotS - but not in FotS). But you only know what is working after long hours of trial and error.

Another problem is indeed, that the modding community is mostly split up between the games - some stick with the old games, some are doing game hopping and change games after a new one got released. This is mostly a problem for developing scripts and tools for advanced modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    It not that hard, just very annoying from time to time

My mod atm works without any script, but shhh

For mods in our world it not problem, it looks that Empire skeletons still works in Shogun, so add elephants or camel isn't that large problem. Problem is if you want add skeleton for e.g. troll, but I think that is also possible (just I don't know yet how to do it xD).

Generaly, Shogun 2 has very large modding potencial, but not have modders. Rome II and Attila also has so much problems and restriction (in some place larger than in Shogun 2 - e.g. campaign map), but there we have many modders who want work on it and breaking this problems and restriction.
    Well good to hear that it's not as complicated as I might have thought.

As for the split community, I think it's largely because Attila and R2 have animations that most modders are looking for (e.g. crossbow animations and siege engines) while in shogun 2 you would have to make them almost from scratch, and I imagine not many people have experience in that as that's a bit more advanced.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    Well good to hear that it's not as complicated as I might have thought.

As for the split community, I think it's largely because Attila and R2 have animations that most modders are looking for (e.g. crossbow animations and siege engines) while in shogun 2 you would have to make them almost from scratch, and I imagine not many people have experience in that as that's a bit more advanced.
    Well, not exactly, all new animations witch you can find in Last Alliance is just edited vanilla animations (okay, is one or two made from scratch, but not active atm) + tbh I found someone to animations very quickly (in contrast to many other things... e.g. damn scripts).
    About your examples - for crossbow, here you only need one reload animations (or be like CA for Warh and ignore reload animations), because generally you can use musket animations.
    Siege enginers, it depens of what you need, in Shogun 2 we have mangonels (so, type of trebuchet) and cannons (which we can use for late medieval, renesanse or times where cannons were more advanced) - but we don't have it in RII and Attila, so Rise of Mordor and Medieval Kingdoms teams needs make animations for them. But in Shogun 2 we don't have catapults and balista - so we need to do animations for them.
    Ladders and siege towers - well, for Last Alliance I want to try to restore rope from Empire, and change them to ladders

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy
    Lately I worked on the walls a bit and could decode the coordinates of the "pipes", but wasn't able to get a working wall ingame though:
    Oh, good to know, maybe I will check it later, but still I have nightmares after my testing with walls...
    Last edited by Sara Temer; June 21, 2020 at 06:37 PM.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

yea how are walls going? I wanted more traditional walls for Korea, but I have no idea how that would be implemented.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12