Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A Guide for Guilds

Default Re: A Guide for Guilds (MAJOR UPDATE 3/9/07)

Thx already found that, what Im looking for is how to change the effect of the guild on trained units (especialy: agents) ?

edit: nm.... found the file. Training agents in a guild is affected by the traits triggers (export_descr_character_traits.txt)
    Last edited by dm04; June 25, 2007 at 10:15 AM.

+ rep to you, DarkKnight

Old thread, but I just now found the link to it. I've noticed that every time I conquer Antioch that I am immediately offered the explorer's guild there. This happened to me playing both the Byzantines and the English (it is always my first initiated crusade, partially for historical purpose, and partially for the fact its far easier to hold on to than Jerusalem until I can build up forces there)

Does anyone know how much the movement bonus is for explorers guild HQ? I have mine in Leon, and my siege workshop there, in the hope that it will allow my trebuchets to keep up with the rest of my army... but they still are slower.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Icon14 Re: A Guide for Guilds (MAJOR UPDATE 3/9/07)

great!!! +1 rep

Lonck's Avatar Centenarius

how do I change the benefits a guild gives? Like how much movement points the explorers guild gives?

I have some problems.

1) Where do I define the triggers that are used in descr_guild.txt ? I try to use GeneralJoinJihad and GeneralAbandonJihad but get:

17:33:26.411 [script.err] [error] Trigger parsing error in regiontest/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1769, column 16 :
    Can't find an entry for event trigger GeneralAbandonJihad
    17:33:26.411 [game.script] [error] Trigger parsing error in regiontest/data/export_descr_guilds.txt, at line 1769, column 16 :
    Can't find an entry for event trigger GeneralAbandonJihad

2) I copied the battlebuildings exactly like described, but they are not showing up on the battlemap.

I used st_johns_headquarters, st_johns_major_chapter_house and st_johns_minor_chapter_house as a template from the southern_european folder.

I named my folders muslim_knights_hq, muslim_knights_major_ch and muslim_knights_minor_ch. Inside the files are named like me_muslim_knights_hq.animinstances, me_muslim_knights_hq.world and so on.

3) All guild text in-game shows correctly except the guild list itself in the building browser. Where St. Johns guild shows Hospitaller Guild my Muslim Knights guild shows only <guild_muslim_knights_order>

Other than these 3, it works. But I have no idea how to solve this.

Question:
    Can I use decimal values for the scores added or subtracted to the threshhold?
    I run my modified vanilla version with 0.50 timescale and building times x4. This has, unfortunatly, impact on the availability of certain guilds. With the normalization of -1 to all guilds every turn its nearly impossible to get guilds like swordsmith guild or the varius military orders.
    If only every 4 turns things would equalize somehow.
    So, it is possible to set the normalization to -0.25?
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

Does anyone know how the explorers guild bonus is applied? Is it global, or just troops built in that town, or troops who have been stationed there?

If global, is there a benefit to having more than one?

Fantastic!

What is the hardcoded limit of the total number of Guilds a game can have?

In the Retrofit Mod with the Kingdoms Add-On I have a question regarding Swordsmith's Guild and the Muslim factions. Both Egypt and Turkey get sword infantry, Al-Haqa and Dis. Hashams. However I have pumped out many MANY of these guys including dedicating some 15 turns to doing just that, and have never received a swordsmith's guild due for them. You got them in Kingdoms all the time.

I know that the base level is 100 points, but to check if you get them at all I reduced that to 30 points and still nothing.

So my question is: Does producing ME-Sword infantry in the Add-On Campaign give you points for a swordsmith guild? If not, how can I change things so they do?

Matz's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by SSJPabs View Post

So my question is: Does producing ME-Sword infantry in the Add-On Campaign give you points for a swordsmith guild? If not, how can I change things so they do?
    You need to look in export_descr_guilds in the data folder. Beneath the initial guild traits, a big-a** list of triggers starts (280 in total). Add the following trigger anywhere in that list (bottom is easy):

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0281_Recruit_*whatever*
    WhenToTest UnitTrained

Condition UnitType *dictionary name*

Guild swordsmiths_guild s 15 ; choose a value you think is fair.

This adds a trigger which adds points for the swordsmiths guild.

Hope I'm not a little late with answering this :p.

Matz
    If brute force doesn't work, ur not doin it rite!

I've played the English several times, and i got the Woodsman Guild, but never any sherwod archers:S I only tried in nottingham do get them, but when i get the guild, no Sherwod Archers is this a bug or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Matz View Post
    You need to look in export_descr_guilds in the data folder. Beneath the initial guild traits, a big-a** list of triggers starts (280 in total). Add the following trigger anywhere in that list (bottom is easy):

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0281_Recruit_*whatever*
    WhenToTest UnitTrained

Condition UnitType *dictionary name*

Guild swordsmiths_guild s 15 ; choose a value you think is fair.

This adds a trigger which adds points for the swordsmiths guild.

Hope I'm not a little late with answering this :p.

Matz
    Actually you are, you forced me to figured it out myself, which really does me the most good so thanks! Madrono's Add On Mod simply uses the trigger list from the vanilla game, and so none of the new units are included, I had to manually add them all and Candelarius aka Yakaspat has now included the changes in his own mod.

My only other question is, what do the "_guild o 15" and equivalent numbers stand for? What's the o?

Quote Originally Posted by ingeeli View Post
    I've played the English several times, and i got the Woodsman Guild, but never any sherwod archers:S I only tried in nottingham do get them, but when i get the guild, no Sherwod Archers is this a bug or what?
    You only get Sherwoods from the second level woodsmen guilds and above. Keep pumping out those longbowmen!
    Last edited by SSJPabs; December 29, 2007 at 06:41 PM.

thanks

Matz's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by SSJPabs View Post
    My only other question is, what do the "_guild o 15" and equivalent numbers stand for? What's the o?
    You have a, s & o.

a: all your settlements gain "guild points"
    s: the settlement in question gains "guild points"
    o: all settlements besides the one in question gain "guild points"

15 is just the number of points that are added each time the trigger is activated.

for example: fairy_guild o 15 would mean all your settlements besides the one that activated the trigger gain 15 points to this guild.

Perhaps now I'm on time .

Matz
    If brute force doesn't work, ur not doin it rite!

Thanks for this info.

Zem's Avatar Laetus

In the guild description made by DarkKnight I found this:
    "Assassins Guild - Higher subterfuge assassins & Law +1".

If you take a look at the export_descr_buildings.txt you can find the following lines:
    assassins_guild city requires factions { northern_european, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 1000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    m_assassins_guild
    }
    }

So there is nothing about the higher subterfuge but the law bonus! I know the higher subterfuge is a reasonable expectation in case of Assassins Guild but I don't know if it works...
    Last edited by Zem; January 11, 2008 at 05:31 AM. Reason: I'm a lame

Zem's Avatar Laetus

Ok. I answer myself. That's what I've found in the export_descr_character_traits.txt:

Trigger assassininit4
    WhenToTest AgentCreated
    Condition AgentType = assassin
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= assassins_guild
    Affects AssassinsGuildTrained 1 Chance 100

Trigger assassininit5
    WhenToTest AgentCreated
    Condition AgentType = assassin
    and FactionBuildingExists >= m_assassins_guild
    Affects AssassinsGuildMember 1 Chance 100

which means that the subterfuge doesn't grow higher directly due to the existance of Guild but the agent gets some traits.