Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anno Domini New Versions Announcements - Bug Fixes

Default Re: AD 0.92 - new versions announcement - bug fixes

Great!

I'm running the last tests this afternoon and if no CTDs will happen this evening you all can download 0.92b

AD 0.92b is at your disposal in the same download place.

Let's hope no random CTD will happen again, I did my best to avoid it.

Re Be, could you please make a list of all changes and fixes so that I can add any minor ones not contained in the mod?

Got .92b, will give you a proper evaluation tomorrow 'round 14:00 gmt...

Quote Originally Posted by Erioluk View Post
    Re Be, could you please make a list of all changes and fixes so that I can add any minor ones not contained in the mod?

Got .92b, will give you a proper evaluation tomorrow 'round 14:00 gmt...
    Hard to list all really... anyway there's Orientis VnV fix and Darthmod 1.2 in, but I changed a lot of files. There's a readme this time.

In my last campaign I had a CTD after about 300 turns., maybe it's still some mystiping in some name but I suspect other modifications can play role, hard to say as I cannot replicate it, autosave loads without a hint.
    But anyway 300 turns stretching the engine to the limit aren't so bad.

If crucial problems (alas Irrecoverable CTDs) won't be signaled, this weekend 0.92b will be public.

In the meanwhile the development of the 1.0 version is proceeding.

That version will install OVER the vanilla game directory so you will need to backup the data\maps folder and use the " medieval2.exe --io.file_first" switch.

We're still working on strategical gameplay, just to give you an idea of what is boiling down, here's the monastery of Monte Cassino (between Naples and Rome):

EEK I NEED TO GET THIS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........... Fell over DROOLING

HEY RE BE when will ya finished version 1 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    In the meanwhile the development of the 1.0 version is proceeding.
    We're still working on strategical gameplay, just to give you an idea of what is boiling down, here's the monastery of Monte Cassino (between Naples and Rome):
    Oh man, that looks awesome. Wish I'd signed up to be a beta tester now

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, yes, yes! Kick the afterburners on and get this mod onto a dl server. Can't wait.

ok guys, since three days I try to install the new version of AD but it won`t work. i made a new install of MTW to have it clean for the mod but there are no .bin files in AD/data/text/ to delete. i think tahts the reason why it crashes when i want to start a campaingn . can anybody please help me , i tryed it everywehre , but no one could help me. thank you re be for your great mod

Default Re: Anno Domini New Versions Announcements - Bug Fixes

Version 1.0 is still proceeding on its way to the release.

Today I ended to sort out all the ancillaries and I changed their graphics to something more "medieval-flavoured" and artistic.

I'm also adding new ancillaries to spice up the campaign a bit more.

There will be also a nice surprise for the players, something they can make choices about, not just hope it will happen or won't like ancillaries and traits.

I'm not entering in details now but it is something else to make the strategic side of the game more interesting and historical and actually another tool to shape your faction.

Btw, I'm also redoing step by step a lot of graphic. I don't think it will complete in 1.0 as I don't want to stop the release for this but is another thing to avoid boredom I think.

I'm also studying a complete revision of units and unit stats and graphics. What still stop me from doing it is that huge amount of bugs that the combat system still has and I'm very frightned that when CA will hopefully fix it in the next patch I have to redo all the work again from scratch.
    This is another reason why I'll wait till the next patch for putting new factions into the mod. There will be, rest assured, but it's nosense right now whithout adding new units and risk the results explained above.
    So since I don't want to wait for CA for the 1.0 release I'm concentrating my efforts on the strategic gameplay and scripting, while using the wonderful work from Darth Vader for the combat, so to have a solid foundations for all the new stuff that will come in the upcoming months.

umm RE BE can u work with Kushan the modder for Rise of kings it uses your map
    hes also looking to add new factions maybe u can help each other

Another quick update on the 1.0 version.

Work done:

- Completely new graphic for loadscreens, menus and most of the game events.

- The revision of VnVs and ancillaries has been completed.

- It's has been added a new event system to make the strategic playing more satisfactory. You'll feel you're ruling a medieval kingdom in AD, not just raise troops for the next battle. And the good thing is that this system will have many, many way where it can expand.

- Armies outside a settlement will have to pay a substantial upkeep for every stack. This will be balanced with a minor plain upkeep cost. The logic is that a mobilitated army is an expensive matter but it would cost very few if it's just defensive.

- rebels will plague your lands and the more the worse your reputation is. Btw they will attack your cities not just stand there watching their feet.

Work in Progress:
    - completing the rebels with different army composition for different eras
    - heretics spawning by events (yes cathars, bogumiles and friends will have their own events and will spawn where historically were).
    - events for the coming of Almohads, Ottomans, Mameluks and other forces which will "fatten up" the relative AI factions.
    - a feudal system of contracts and privileges.
    - new/changed recruitment options.
    - implementing the new RealisticCombat system by Point Blank together with Darth Vader Battle AI

Proposed ETA: end of the next week for the 0.99 beta
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; February 09, 2007 at 08:24 AM.

I'm very much tempted to release the work done till this moment even if incomplete so to get some feedback. What do you think about it?

I want to play it now! Although if you release it now there goes my weekend...worth it though

I'm very excited to see how the rebels act because I still tend to find myself just letting the rebels sit when I'm busy with other things.

Release it please!

Sure I'd love it play it!

Ok, I'll release a beta 0.93.

mate im always up for Beta testa

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast